Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foam board is your friend for making concrete ruins.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1457053438185.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1457053438185.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 101
  • uploadfromtaptalk1457053471146.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1457053471146.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 103
  • uploadfromtaptalk1457053547887.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1457053547887.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 102
that ruins base is cool! i see you're into custom bases, that is beautiful. they are definitely made from scratch but look like factory ones.
i needed diorama, but making it out of real concrete will be too heavy and damaging for glass cabinet, and i haven't found a plastic one ever.

that ruins base is cool! i see you're into custom bases, that is beautiful. they are definitely made from scratch but look like factory ones.
i needed diorama, but making it out of real concrete will be too heavy and damaging for glass cabinet, and i haven't found a plastic one ever.
Thank you P. They are indeed custom made by myself. I'm a long time lurker here. I decided to start my own custom business a while ago and it's given me the funds to start collecting these amazing pieces. I really love your customs man you have some serious talent. Here's a pic of my collection as it stands presently uploadfromtaptalk1457053929233.jpg

Also sorry for the double photo... Using my phone and it seems to be bugging out.

Just wondering if anybody has seen one of those bootleg sculpts they've got on eBay before? If so, are they as nice as the real deal?

i have one and posted side-by-side photos here. this thread is not vely alive, would you browse it or should i check where i uploaded it?
oh, here it is.

fake head versus original:

fake_head_03_zpsc0xmoor9.jpg~original

fake_head_02_zpsmh8omyk9.jpg~original

fake_head_01_zpsj0ojftys.jpg~original

fake head is the one without a body.

turns out that a camera really shows more detail (less in case of a fake body) than the eye. i'm gonna use that head on a terminator non-related custom anyway (taking back the original MMS136 head from it). on a shelf it looks fine.

it's the same sculpt, just the paint is very plain. no shadows actually affect the face strongly. from a distance difference isn't big or nearly invisible.
but it really shows me that paint means a lot: will never look like this.

robocop_vs_theterminator.jpg~original

I'm selling my MMS136 T800 if anyone is interested. He is the last of my Terminator figures to be sold.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

it's the same sculpt, just the paint is very plain. no shadows actually affect the face strongly. from a distance difference isn't big or nearly invisible.
but it really shows me that paint means a lot: will never look like this.

robocop_vs_theterminator.jpg~original

I've seen a couple pics of a bootleg that looked spot on, but getting that in the mail might be a different story. Maybe they got better? All I know is that my bootleg wolverine sculpt was a 10 times better than hot toys! Strange but a good surprise.

i got mine recently, took the shots straight after actually: september 2015.
this photo shows them compared best: shape is spot on (very accurate mold) but paint is one layer and with less shadows, while HT faces always have that semi transparent skin effect (one of those that makes them look so natural, as human skin also consists of several layers with decreasing transparency) plus deeper shadows which are always useful on miniatures to look like 1:1.
i would never change one for another. it's definitely very good and definitely worse than the original.

i got mine recently, took the shots straight after actually: september 2015.
this photo shows them compared best: shape is spot on (very accurate mold) but paint is one layer and with less shadows, while HT faces always have that semi transparent skin effect (one of those that makes them look so natural, as human skin also consists of several layers with decreasing transparency) plus deeper shadows which are always useful on miniatures to look like 1:1.
i would never change one for another. it's definitely very good and definitely worse than the original.

Good to know. Thanks!

I really want to know how the hell HT paint there figures. P don't spose you'd sell that head would you?

I really want to know how the hell HT paint there figures. P don't spose you'd sell that head would you?

A lot has to do with the plastic they mold them in. It's already flesh tone with speckles and that sort of thing.

Yh true. Probably a lot easier than most realise but man it produces amazing results.

It's already flesh tone with speckles and that sort of thing.
"i accidentally my fleshlight" (c)
A lot has to do with the plastic they mold them in. It's already flesh tone with speckles and that sort of thing.
they are plain yellow underneath the paint. no flesh tone and/or speckles. try to rub off some paint and see the awful result. you believe in some unexisting myth.

"i accidentally my fleshlight" (c)
they are plain yellow underneath the paint. no flesh tone and/or speckles. try to rub off some paint and see the awful result. you believe in some unexisting myth.

An unexisting myth? Maybe for hot toys sculpts I guess, but no myth in special effects molding/casting. That is the standard so I would think they would do the same. Maybe not, but who cares...

HT paint apps is like KFC. You know roughly what they put in the mix but you can never get non KFC chicken taste like KFC, just like you cant get your paint apps look as good as Hot Toys.

An unexisting myth? Maybe for hot toys sculpts I guess, but no myth in special effects molding/casting. That is the standard so I would think they would do the same. Maybe not, but who cares...
yep i meant only Hot Toys! the material under the paint is plain, no effects with adding something into it.

Back