Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh finally! It "only" cost me 180 to build a full second figure!

23704229784_c44a0e68df_c.jpg

Turned out great! And that's the TTM21? Since he has the coat, the size really doesn't look any different. I really love that BD head, since I think it's one of the best representations of Arnie HT has done.

I hear ya there brother!

Originally, I thought I would just stick with the 238 and that good enough.

Then I started ebaying for the 136 cause the fanboy-completist in me took over.

I thought, "nah, why pay that ridiculous amount for the boxed version nowadays? You'd have to be half cracked!"

Then of course, I slowly started buying all the parts I needed to build him, which now in retrospect cost nearly 3/4 of what the damn boxed version is! And I'm missing hands still!!

Kinda stupid on my part, but once you start with the bits and pieces, you've gotta finish the build.

They do pop up on eBay every once in a blue moon, so I'd keep an eye out!

Turned out great! And that's the TTM21? Since he has the coat, the size really doesn't look any different. I really love that BD head, since I think it's one of the best representations of Arnie HT has done.

Thanks Pliss! You mean TTM20? Yeah it is, on the clean version. I might add some bullet holes on the BD jacket since it's missing a lot of studs to be perfect anyway. I'm just glad to finish the first half of the T1 collection. Now to hunt for two 238's!

They do pop up on eBay every once in a blue moon, so I'd keep an eye out!

Thanks Pliss! You mean TTM20? Yeah it is, on the clean version. I might add some bullet holes on the BD jacket since it's missing a lot of studs to be perfect anyway. I'm just glad to finish the first half of the T1 collection. Now to hunt for two 238's!

21* sorry, I got it mixed up. One 136 I had that I sent back had a bunch of missing studs too, seems pretty common. I guess you can go full on surgery scene with it and make him look all shot up like he did.

Are you going to get the 238? Smaller body and fat head, but still a pretty solid Terminator figure. I don't regret it at all.

21* sorry, I got it mixed up. One 136 I had that I sent back had a bunch of missing studs too, seems pretty common. I guess you can go full on surgery scene with it and make him look all shot up like he did.

Are you going to get the 238? Smaller body and fat head, but still a pretty solid Terminator figure. I don't regret it at all.

Yeah I will get two 238's and another DX13. For some reason they're hard to come by here at a decent price, so I'll wait for a deal. The 136 is still the definitive T1 to me.

here they are, thanks to... it's a pity, i don't remember to who, but he made a great gift to people by finding it.

s-l1600.jpg

200 3D Gold Silver Round Square Metallic Nail Art Studs 3mm 4mm | eBay

make your Hot Toys terminator a fashionable gir... oops, cyborg again.

Wow, thanks for the link! Did you used that for your replacement studs as well? They're the same size?

Wow, thanks for the link! Did you used that for your replacement studs as well? They're the same size?
i didn't. luckily i didn't lose any of them from six jackets, including two with heavy battle damage, and the ones that fell off were immediately found and glued back. i must be either lucky or accurate :)
i still think that i should find and purchase some just in advance.
the guy who posted them said they are the same. of course you must measure actual size first and choose a proper set.

Yeah I will get two 238's and another DX13. For some reason they're hard to come by here at a decent price, so I'll wait for a deal. The 136 is still the definitive T1 to me.

Just be sure to fill in the necks of the 238s. Aside from that, it's pretty good right out of the box. If you're displaying one with the BD look, it can be a bit tricky to belt his jacket together, but it's achievable.

Nice shots. I tend to like the 136 the best now as well. I hate I didn't buy it sooner, but luckily I was able to get a good deal on the two I have.

I like the DX13 the best of the T2 side of it, I just wish his blood didn't look like jelly.

MMS136 with the pants and boots from MMS238 is probably my favourite Hot Toys Terminator figure at this point. None of them are perfect but that is the one whose imperfections I find most tolerable when weighed against the things I like.

I never snagged another pair so mine are still rocking the ones it came with

I might upgrade if I can find a lower ended but still highly priced pair on eBay

I prefer the PS look overall just not the hot toys figure

Just be sure to fill in the necks of the 238s. Aside from that, it's pretty good right out of the box. If you're displaying one with the BD look, it can be a bit tricky to belt his jacket together, but it's achievable.

Left outside the box.
Right custom.
Beefing up the neck makes wonder but the headsculpt still too big/body too small :)
Since these pictures Custom has now normal foot pegs.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Left outside the box.
Right custom.
Beefing up the neck makes wonder but the headsculpt still too big/body too small :)
Since these pictures Custom has now normal foot pegs.
View attachment 238960

What body are you using on the custom? It looks beefier. And I think the stock body is too small. They should of just given it another 136 body. Since it's a smaller body, his neck is too thin for the wide head they decided to give him.

Back