Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok with me finally able to put together a BD version( thanks to Kaustic Plastics) I'm looking to really get the clothes nice and banged up: hole's,blood and dirt stains etc. I have another set of clothes coming so no worries. I'm looking to start on the jacket first. Any tips, pics,maybe a small tutorial would be greatly appreciated. I've never done this before and I really want to get the jacket a really grimy look. Help a freak out!

SneakpeekKylereesecustomgood.jpg

Coming soon...

Cool. Looking forward to it.

what is exactly you're asking about?
there are holes above left knee, 4 holes in his back and 1 in the arm, 2 bloods on both sides of jackets front, 1 big hole in the chest, i smaller hole in the stomach.
if you speak about truck crash scene, his pants are torn and his boots are smashed.
if you need any tips, here are my attempts & references, something 80% close to the movie i hope:
1, 2.
if you need real authenticity, better wait for somebody more attentive :)

Last edited:
what is exactly you're asking about?
there are holes above left knee, 4 holes in his back and 1 in the arm, 2 bloods on both sides of jackets front, 1 big hole in the chest, i smaller hole in the stomach.
if you speak about truck crash scene, his pants are torn and his boots are smashed.
if you need any tips, here are my attempts & references, something 80% close to the movie i hope:
1, 2.
if you need real authenticity, better wait for somebody more attentive :)

Thanks for the links but I'm talking about the outfit for this figure. Before he cut out his eye and got the bad ass police shootout outfit.

I'm not asking for identical movie accuracy. I'm more looking at it in a technical way. Like how do I make it look dirty and bloody. I've never done this before. I think TGF made his jacket look pretty beat up and grimy

Very nice Arnnie p.!

I would use black and brown acrylic paints for grime looking weathering.

Doing things to the jacket that would make a real jacket look dirty and worn could create the effect you want. When I was messing up the pants for my BD custom I scraped them over concrete, stepped on them etc. Basically I got them genuinely dirty and then I cut them up with a scissors. One thing that doesn't work for blood is real blood. I bite my nails, sometimes rather badly enough that my fingers bleed and one day I decided I'd try my own blood on something, I think it was the bandages of my eye surgery T-800. Well sure the blood is red at first but then as it dries it turns a dirty looking brown colour which wasn't what I wanted obviously. So for blood you are talking paint.

Anyway heres TFG's guide:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83457&page=650

you gave a link to the page number.
different people have different posts amount per page so the result differs. for example i got nike boots of kyle reese.
better give a link to the post :)

Thanks for the links but I'm talking about the outfit for this figure. Before he cut out his eye and got the bad ass police shootout outfit.
so maybe this.
and it was a lighter only.
if you need dirt, use dirt;
if you need fire, use fire.
my way :)

Last edited:
IMO the best existing sunglasses are the T2 ones. They're not gargoyles but they are made to the best standards and are scaled the best. The MMS02 Gargoyles are too big and bury his face.

IMO the best existing sunglasses are the T2 ones. They're not gargoyles but they are made to the best standards and are scaled the best. The MMS02 Gargoyles are too big and bury his face.

Thanks for your opinion. I would like to get the MMS2 glasses, but I never had the chance.

I actually had the Sideshow T-800 sunglasses, and I think it looks better than HT t-800 ones.

Back