Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love this figure- it even appeals to me more than the T2 T 800 figure which I used to think was the top figure from HT!
So do you guys think there is enough said about this or has it been swept under the carpet so to say???

I think it's getting swept under the carpet. I've tried to trade it for Hot Toys figures that retailed for less with no success. Even looking on EBay and seeing figures that are almost going for the same on the secondary market and still no success.

For Example; anyone want to trade an Ironman MK IV (even opened but complete) for an un-opened T1 T-800?

I think it's getting swept under the carpet. I've tried to trade it for Hot Toys figures that retailed for less with no success. Even looking on EBay and seeing figures that are almost going for the same on the secondary market and still no success.

For Example; anyone want to trade an Ironman MK IV (even opened but complete) for an un-opened T1 T-800?

I know-7 Iron Mans but ONE T 800 from T1...why it isn't more valued I don't know.:slap

I know-7 Iron Mans but ONE T 800 from T1...why it isn't more valued I don't know.:slap

It's not that it isn't more valued, it's that there's plenty to go around just like all HT releases lately. The day of HT being "valued" are pretty much over since they overproduce now and every one can get these pretty much when they want.

It's not that it isn't more valued, it's that there's plenty to go around just like all HT releases lately. The day of HT being "valued" are pretty much over since they overproduce now and every one can get these pretty much when they want.

Yeah that could be true- but the T2 Arnie figure was produced in two runs and it STILL is a more expensive(not rarer) figure. Guess the T2 version is the more iconic choice to have.

My vote would go to the T1 as the better figure though. More accurate body proportions to the particular film, no paperclip trick necessary to make the jacket look better and just that its T1. The first fully licensed T1 action figure ever made.

ARE YOU KIDDING, over produced and less valuable.

Try buying an Iron Man Mk IV OR Mk VI!

When you can buy one of these Iron Mans for less that what a T1 T-800 goes for or trade for one, you let me know.

ARE YOU KIDDING, over produced and less valuable.

Try buying an Iron Man Mk IV OR Mk VI!

When you can buy one of these Iron Mans for less that what a T1 T-800 goes for or trade for one, you let me know.

IM is Marvel and all HT Marvel are limited in their initial run. Look at Spider-Man, sold out pretty much everywhere, or close to it. I can guarantee you that on this second run of the MKIV with the gantry, that you see them popup pretty much everywhere for a good price. So to come back to the initial question, IM aren't as overproduced as lets say the T1 or any of the new ones coming out from now on for that matter (except Marvel of course). The problem with IM is that the licence is milked to death but in different variations of the suit and people are keeping them, as well as being limited when a particular variation comes out. That's what drives up your price on them.

EDIT: Oh and don't confuse what people are asking for them and what people are actually paying for them. The sales thread has quite a few for sale for higher prices (and it's been a while), but they haven't sold yet either.

Not sure about pricing of ANY Ht but T1 T800 a superior figure in every way over alot of crap like Thor and Odin. There, I said it! Those were rushed and that's that!

24gm5pd.jpg

9r1ssk.jpg

hey guys im having lots of trouble with both replaceable arms on my T 800 they keep poping off , i tried masking tape but it doesnt work.
any suggestions would help.

I have fix mine with a piece of inner tube of my bycicle, I have cut it and then I have covered the arm's plug with the rubber, put it in the arm's hole..and it works :exactly:

Another option would be clear fingernail polish. That's an old fix I used for my GI Joes with loose joints (3 3/4" versions). Put a couple of coats of fingernail polish on, let it dry, and it creates a thick coat that helps the joints fit more tightly. If it isn't tight enough, add another coat. With this arm, you would just have to do that on the little nub that holds the arm in place.

Another option would be clear fingernail polish. That's an old fix I used for my GI Joes with loose joints (3 3/4" versions). Put a couple of coats of fingernail polish on, let it dry, and it creates a thick coat that helps the joints fit more tightly. If it isn't tight enough, add another coat. With this arm, you would just have to do that on the little nub that holds the arm in place.

You could also use plumbers tape, no adhesive, sticks to it self.

I just got done with my Police Shootout bash and wanted to post pics of my little contribution. It's certainly not perfect. I still need to find a true AR-18 and Gargoyles that don't take up half his face.

(Sorry for the sideways pics. I tried rotating them via photobucket but it hasnt updated)

005-14.jpg

006-14.jpg

007-15.jpg

009-12.jpg

011-8.jpg

012-9.jpg

013-9.jpg

Thanks EF. I considered that, it's a huge eye sore, but I don't think I can remove it without breaking it and I don't want to go past the point of no return...

Damn fine bash, jstep! In your photos the glasses don't look that oversized. It might be the angle or the lighting, I'm not sure. I also love that pose.

Nice bash jstep13! That will do. Sweet pose aswell.

Damn fine bash, jstep! In your photos the glasses don't look that oversized. It might be the angle or the lighting, I'm not sure. I also love that pose.

Thanks fellas! I wasn't sure if I could execute the pose how I envisioned it but it's not too bad!

Than u should stop bashing right now! :lol

I know right! But I try not to break anything if possible, I break plenty accidentally on my own without trying to do it intentionally :monkey1

Back