Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confident?

I really want the leather gear version as I'm so sick of all this Batman reissuing lately. I want something fresh from Terminator both this and the second film. Sometimes I wish I bought a second T2 - T800 at this stage. As I was honestly thinking it was going to follow fairly quickly.

It seems the Terminator line has went rather stale. :/

I'm confident that HT won't reissue Tech Noir T-800 but will, if anything, do the biker, but, I am not confident they'll do anything more.

Unfortunately, as Terminator fans, we are made to wait. We got lucky, Salvation got HT in the mood, Yulli and others at HT are admittedly big T2 fans, so in the wake of Salvation they tackled T2 and gave us a pretty good run and decided to do T1 while they were at it. Did they get it all, no, do they have to get it all out right now, nope. Terminator fans are fans for life, they don't require the hype of a new movie, today or tomorrow, they'll buy it. Iron Man, Dark Knight, those are fads, they can come and go for all HT knows, so, the fresh properties are milked to death while they're hot and selling. Stuff like Terminator, it's left to fill voids between hot releases. Look at Batman '89 even, I question if HT would really pump effort into that if it weren't a great opportunity to start bringing in new and firing up old Batman collectors just before TDKR. They can be quite strategic with release sometimes, othertimes, they make zero sense at all.

I'm confident that HT won't reissue Tech Noir T-800 but will, if anything, do the biker, but, I am not confident they'll do anything more.

Unfortunately, as Terminator fans, we are made to wait. We got lucky, Salvation got HT in the mood, Yulli and others at HT are admittedly big T2 fans, so in the wake of Salvation they tackled T2 and gave us a pretty good run and decided to do T1 while they were at it. Did they get it all, no, do they have to get it all out right now, nope. Terminator fans are fans for life, they don't require the hype of a new movie, today or tomorrow, they'll buy it. Iron Man, Dark Knight, those are fads, they can come and go for all HT knows, so, the fresh properties are milked to death while they're hot and selling. Stuff like Terminator, it's left to fill voids between hot releases. Look at Batman '89 even, I question if HT would really pump effort into that if it weren't a great opportunity to start bringing in new and firing up old Batman collectors just before TDKR. They can be quite strategic with release sometimes, othertimes, they make zero sense at all.

Well said- although I disagree about Dark Knight- years from now these films will be considered classics. Nolan has done something special. We'll see what the next reboot brings..
Terminator IS a classic icon that will go on and on...

Well said- although I disagree about Dark Knight- years from now these films will be considered classics. Nolan has done something special. We'll see what the next reboot brings..
Terminator IS a classic icon that will go on and on...

You said it though, years from now, it's popular right now, but it's the IN THING right now, will the collecting demand sustain, who knows. Terminator and Terminator 2 are over 20 years old, their fandom is solidified, the ones who are fans enough to buy today aren't going anywhere. Nolan Batman fans, they might be gone tomorrow, HT can't know that cuz it's fresh so they have to treat all the fresh properties as if they might become meaningless tomorrow.

You said it though, years from now, it's popular right now, but it's the IN THING right now, will the collecting demand sustain, who knows. Terminator and Terminator 2 are over 20 years old, their fandom is solidified, the ones who are fans enough to buy today aren't going anywhere. Nolan Batman fans, they might be gone tomorrow, HT can't know that cuz it's fresh so they have to treat all the fresh properties as if they might become meaningless tomorrow.

Haha something tells me the Ledger Joker will stay as a movie icon. Most memorable character of a fantastic film. And if Nolan continues his mega-hits streak, people will continue to watch his "older" movies for decades to come.

It seems the Terminator line has went rather stale. :/

Stale isn't the word I'd use. It suggests that fans got sick of it which they did not. Hot Toys just stopped making them for reasons known only to them. They've gone superhero mad but lets face it those things are selling. I'm buying some myself. I just hope they don't forget that theres still some really obvious surefire sellers left in the Terminator line too.

Agreed a-dev.

Speculation is the catalyst for our forums to thrive, but we really don't know what HT have up their sleeves.. apart from what they've already shown us of course. I have high confidence in them generally speaking, but the police station assault Arnie would be very hard for me to resist, so I hope they get to him. :)

No they're not. Torso is different at the shoulders. T1 lines up better with his arms. T2 drop before the arms start creating a groove at the shoulder line. Might find photos on eBay.

Thanks! Do you know if heads from from one set will work on the body of another ie would a T1 head be ok on a T2 body?

Does anyone know if the T1 and T2 bodies are the same?

Don’t thank me; thank the guys whose names are on the photo.

bodycompare.png

This is one great underrated(?) figure- the more I look at it the more I am amazed....

Gah damnit. I finally got my replacement body from HT, but they didn't include the neck joint!! I didn't take it off the body I sent to them either... :gah:
Hopefully they'll get back to me... if not, anyone have a spare neck joint/peg they'll be willing to sell to me?

I just love this figure- it even appeals to me more than the T2 T 800 figure which I used to think was the top figure from HT!
So do you guys think there is enough said about this or has it been swept under the carpet so to say???

Back