Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap Classic! End of argument right there far as I'm concerned. T1 is a slightly better film IMO but the T2 T-800 comes in for some unfair criticism.

Uh, you do realize that the same gas explosion that burned the skin off T1 would have done the same to T2's skin, right? And that T2 would have been crushed by the same hydraulic press? And that DiFabio was probably joking, and considers them both equal?

As far as T800 facing off against the T1000, I always thought that the T1000 went easy on him. I mean, the T1000 obviously knows about the first power cell that he slammed the metal rod through - he appeared to deliberately measure his shot before slamming the rod through him, and it looks like he's aiming when he does it. Plus, is it just coincidence that he just happened to hit the power cell, requiring the T800 to switch to his alternate cell? Probably not. So he knew about the first cell, but not the second? I guess we have to assume that the resistance retro-fitted the T800 with an alternate cell after they captured and re-programmed him, which is why the T1000 doesn't seem to know about it.

By the way, the reason a young woman finished off the terminator was because an experienced fighter from the future, having had considerable amount of experience fighting those machines practically did most of the work for her.

He taught us how to smash those metal m -----f------ into junk.

It doesnt matter who has killed more people or whatever.
Its the fact that the T1 T-800 is a cold, robotic killer and the T2 is not.
While the T1 may not be unstoppable, the film certainly made it feel like he was.
Its hard to describe but im sure we all get the vibe that T1 is just a badass, cold, emotionless killing machine and the T2 is not.
Thats what makes the T1 seem unstoppable...
Its the films direction that gives it that feel.

But his inclination was to be a Terminator and kill. He was simply ordered not to. Perfectly believable in the realms of Terminator-verse even if its not what people prefer to watch.

:exactly:
T2 does its job perfectly too.

Last edited:
The T1 killed one of the punks for sure - the other two are no more certain kills than the guy the T2 stole his clothes off. We don't see him killing them. Maybe he did maybe he didn't. T1 killed the gunshop owner, OK. T2 was willing and was going to kill one of the jocks. :dunno

as for the realworld reason for the T2s non-kill policy - Did not the T-1000 make up for it? He stabbed a guy through the mouth with a giant sword-arm, and another guy through the eye - not exactly kid-friendly stuff. So I don't buy that argument against T2 either.
Uncle Bob didn't kill anyone :D If the viewer thought that he did, particularly killing someone arbitrarily who didn't commit some heinous act themselves, then it would have been a lot more difficult to later think of him as a hero.

Though he should have technically been capable of doing so, and supposedly attempted to do so at one point, the action of killing just wasn't possible in the T2 universe.

And T-1000 was a bad-ass Terminator. I don't think anyone would deny that.

It doesnt matter who has killed more people or whatever.
Its the fact that the T1 T-800 is a cold, robotic killer and the T2 is not.
While the T1 may not be unstoppable, the film certainly made it feel like he was.
Its hard to describe but im sure we all get the vibe that T1 is just a badass, cold, emotionless killing machine and the T2 is not.
That what makes the T1 seem unstoppable...
Its the films direction that gives it that feel.

:exactly:

Agreed, but not only that, Arnold was MUCH bigger in T1. I've always been disappointed with his physique in T2. He's still big, but nothing like a T800 should look like imo.
In T1, he was a Panzer indeed as James Cameron puts it.

Uh, you do realize that the same gas explosion that burned the skin off T1 would have done the same to T2's skin, right? And that T2 would have been crushed by the same hydraulic press? And that DiFabio was probably joking, and considers them both equal?

Yes. I don't think anyone would argue that :confused:

But I know for a fact that Difabio is a staunch T2 supporter so his arguments were from the heart

Yes. I don't think anyone would argue that :confused:

But I know for a fact that Difabio is a staunch T2 supporter so his arguments were from the heart

The point is that any appearance of superior bad-assery of T2 is due to circumstance/happenstance. Circumstances worked out such that T2 never had to chase the T1000 underneath a hydraulic press. I'm pretty sure that's why DiFabio ended his post (which I enjoyed because I know it's from the heart) with "they're both equal."

Uncle Bob didn't kill anyone :D If the viewer thought that he did, particularly killing someone arbitrarily who didn't commit some heinous act themselves, then it would have been a lot more difficult to later think of him as a hero.

Though he should have technically been capable of doing so, and supposedly attempted to do so at one point, the action of killing just wasn't possible in the T2 universe.

And T-1000 was a bad-ass Terminator. I don't think anyone would deny that.

True on all counts. I've thought about that, what if they did have the T2 kill someone in a similar manner that the T1 killed Brian thompson. In the conventions of a hero character, no it just wouldn't have fit....back in a 1991 summer blockbuster movie...today though? I think you could get away with it - at least you certainly can in television shows - look at The Vampire diaries, Ian somerhalder's character starts off the show as a right evil b@st@rd and continues as such for quite a while and yet hes one of the heroes who the audience actually likes. So had the T2 killed someone it might have been a risky move at the time but we probably would appreciate it now - me too admittedly.

As far as T800 facing off against the T1000, I always thought that the T1000 went easy on him. I mean, the T1000 obviously knows about the first power cell that he slammed the metal rod through - he appeared to deliberately measure his shot before slamming the rod through him, and it looks like he's aiming when he does it. Plus, is it just coincidence that he just happened to hit the power cell, requiring the T800 to switch to his alternate cell? Probably not. So he knew about the first cell, but not the second? I guess we have to assume that the resistance retro-fitted the T800 with an alternate cell after they captured and re-programmed him, which is why the T1000 doesn't seem to know about it.

No, the heat in the steel mill was the source of the T-800s alternate power.

And by the way, I don't have a heart.

You can surely do an about-face in a film (or, more easily, in a TV show where you have hours and hours and hours to develop the characters). But it would take time and energy away from the other parts of the film to "redeem" such a character in the minds of the viewers. And I don't think there was room for that in T2. Nor was it necessary. Cameron knew what he was doing, and he did a great job. In both films. But the T-800 characters are, in my mind, completely different. Just my opinion, but I really do think of the two films as existing in almost different universes since they are so different.

The point is that any appearance of superior bad-assery of T2 is due to circumstance/happenstance. Circumstances worked out such that T2 never had to chase the T1000 underneath a hydraulic press. I'm pretty sure that's why DiFabio ended his post (which I enjoyed because I know it's from the heart) with "they're both equal."

I won't argue that either but its T2 that came under attack originally and needed the defence - hence Difabios post and my positive affirmation of it. I'm not criticising T1, indeed I actually prefer it myself.

That would be good though. Keep everyone on edge as to whether or not this T-800 wouldn't snap and kill them all.

If they let the T-800 kill a few guys at the bar (he kills none of them) and maybe one of those jocks and then everything fell into place like it normally would (no killing, trust me, zero casualties, know now why you cry etc.) I doubt audiences would even think twice about it.

Well, except the moral fags.

Yeah I can agree that it might have been the better way to go to have him at least kill 1 person in the bar before ultimately being ordered not to kill anyone. It would have created a bit of tension and justified sarahs attempt to destroy his chip in the SE scene more.

Thing is everyone knew he was the good guy in the film even before seeing the film. according to the dvd extras they revealed this before the film came out. Then it was pretty much confirmed the second 'bad to the bone' played. You just wouldn't announce a serious villain with that song, somewhat ironic considering the lyrics.

That would be good though. Keep everyone on edge as to whether or not this T-800 wouldn't snap and kill them all.

If they let the T-800 kill a few guys at the bar (he kills none of them) and maybe one of those jocks and then everything fell into place like it normally would (no killing, trust me, zero casualties, know now why you cry etc.) I doubt audiences would even think twice about it.

Well, except the moral fags.

That's the one thing that always bugged me about that movie. I actually enjoyed the twist and him being the hero this time. I also understand they wanted to be politically correct and not have the hero kill people so they justified that by having John order him not to kill people. However what doesn't make sense is him not killing anyone BEFORE John gave the order. That is a plot hole and lazy writing. If they wanted him to not kill anyone throughout the entire film then they should have wrote the script saying that the future John already ordered him not to kill before sending him back to that time period.

That's the one thing that always bugged me about that movie. I actually enjoyed the twist and him being the hero this time. I also understand they wanted to be politically correct and not have the hero kill people so they justified that by having John order him not to kill people. However what doesn't make sense is him not killing anyone BEFORE John gave the order. That is a plot hole and lazy writing. If they wanted him to not kill anyone throughout the entire film then they should have wrote the script saying that the future John already ordered him not to kill before sending him back to that time period.

He didnt kill anyone before he met John because he is the hero.

And one could argue that since his primary goal is to protect John Connor he would only Terminate when it was related to that mission. No one in the bar was threatening his mission since none of them would have been able to kill or stop him.

So he still f's them up pretty good, but doesn't kill them in the process.

So I can see rational... even if I think T1 is the superior film and Terminator :lol

Back