Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They still try and keep it ambiguous though, up until the hallway scene. Very reminiscent of Tech Noir and the tension of not knowing much about Reese, even having the T-1000 fall on his back with a "help, I've fallen and I can't get up" expression.

I don't know why they bothered though. The poster makes him look like a ____ing killer cyborg villain as well as the teaser trailer.

That was a dumb marketing technique from the beginning. Why build him up to make it appear that he's the villain with emphasis on "being back" only to spoil it a few weeks/months before the film comes out?

Should have left it alone and let audiences find out in theaters. Keep up the idea that maybe, just maybe "officer x" isn't such a bad guy and that the T-800 is "back" to kill John up until the T-1000 pulls out the gun and the T-800 grabs John. The "loyalty to a child" and "this time he's back . . . for good" promotion makes me sick. All the movie needed to be successful was the fact that it was a second Terminator film in itself. Surely a poster, teaser, and the first ambiguous "this time there are two" (or perhaps something less obvious) would have been enough.

I have no problem with how the film plays out, except for the "I need a vacation" crap and the fact that he didn't kill anyone prior to John's orders.

I won't argue that either but its T2 that came under attack originally and needed the defence - hence Difabios post and my positive affirmation of it. I'm not criticising T1, indeed I actually prefer it myself.

Fair enough. T2's T-800 was no slouch. He was bad to the bone . . .b-b-b-b-b-bad . . . b-b-b-b-b-bad . . . b-b-b-b-b-bad . . . bad to the bone.

So...................

Who loves this figure :rotfl

:tap :mad: If you're not interested in super-geek-fanboy arguments over who's a bigger bad ass, the T1 T800 or the T2 T800, than GTFO Ski.

she-ronald-says-gtfo.jpg

There will be no T800 action figure conversation in the T800 action figure thread. :tap :lol

And technically, even though they're two different characters, it's still kind of a continuation of that character, the presence of the T-800 Terminator.

The image of Arnold as the T-800 in both films, the whole super star/celeb thing.

____ the Tee-Eight-Fifty and CGI 101 though.

:tap :mad: If you're not interested in super-geek-fanboy arguments over who's a bigger bad ass, the T1 T800 or the T2 T800, than GTFO Ski.

she-ronald-says-gtfo.jpg

There will be no T800 action figure conversation in the T800 action figure thread. :tap :lol

I'll show you what I'm interested in you SOB!!!!!! :panic:
JohanssonPeeping.gif

I agree, they should have written in that he arrived from the future already programmed not to kill people - that would have made sense too.

However, personally I can just let it go. So he didn't happen to kill anyone in the bar :dunno The T1 didn't kill literally everyone he encountered, a few people he merely shoved, the bouncer at tech noir he simply crushed the fingers of. and again T2 was going to kill that jock. I'll defer to Hume's argument about 'happenstance' on that one.

Yeah, ski either participate or GTFO.

terminator-2-large.jpg

*from left to right, DiFabio as the T-1000, Skiman as Tim*

I agree, they should have written in that he arrived from the future already programmed not to kill people - that would have made sense too.

However, personally I can just let it go. So he didn't happen to kill anyone in the bar :dunno The T1 didn't kill literally everyone he encountered, a few people he merely shoved, the bouncer at tech noir he simply crushed the fingers of. and again T2 was going to kill that jock. I'll defer to Hume's argument about 'happenstance' on that one.

Yes I will go with that too. I love both T1 and T2 so I have in fact accepted things on both films for years. LOL, my honest opinion is I think T2 makes a better big summer movie and has better effects. However for creepy atmosphere and intimidating looks, T1 gets the gold there.

Yes I will go with that too. I love both T1 and T2 so I have in fact accepted things on both films for years. LOL, my honest opinion is I think T2 makes a better big summer movie and has better effects. However for creepy atmosphere and intimidating looks, T1 gets the gold there.

I don't know, The Terminator was pretty big for it's time in 1984 and like wise the T-1000 theme along with the T-1000 gives the film a pretty creepy atmosphere and intimidating looks.

Hey man . . . you got a serious attitude problem.

Mark? Mark? Hello?

That guy and the asian man with pepsi that gets shot in the hallway are my favorite "characters" from both films.

That guy and the asian man with pepsi that gets shot in the hallway are my favorite "characters" from both films.

Very good, but I still like "what the hell" man from the opening scene of T1.

And "are you hurt?" guy from T2.

The scene in the Terminator where the T800 takes the cop car by first ramming the cop into the car itself.... that cop just oozed wuss. I laugh every time I see that part. :lol

Anyway, that cop is a character I love.

Back