Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so they give us the head but nothing else for this scene....why?
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/kkreOzecZ7A?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/kkreOzecZ7A?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wrong scene, my friend.

Shipped! So I might have this next Thursday or friday assuming no delays. :yess:

:rock :rock :rock
:hi5:

man, sideshow start processing that? So does that mean we get this guy and MK4 at the same time? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
\

Received this morning and finally found some time to unpack it (after the T2 T800 shoulder incident ^^).
Love the fig, never thought i would have a replica that great in my hands from the first inconic character i ever saw on screen (i was 7 lol).
Great work HT!
But there's a but ^^
I dont get the massive feeling i got and still get from the young Arnold, it's really well proportioned, i love the way it stands but i can't help to feel that his body should be more muscular.
Remember how he is ridiculously bodybuilded in that first scene with the punks, that massive back.
But thats is just nitpicking i think.
I love it!!!!
Here's some quick and dark pics, kinda give a nice vibe ^^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hey, are the HT T-600 versions and the T-700 worth the buying?

terminator-1.jpg

I dont get the massive feeling i got and still get from the young Arnold, it's really well proportioned, i love the way it stands but i can't help to feel that his body should be more muscular.
Remember how he is ridiculously bodybuilded in that first scene with the punks, that massive back.

If they made the underlying body any bigger the clothes and tiny head would look ridiculous - thats the problem they face making 1/6th nude figures with 'real' clothes that fit over. They have to strike a balance between what he will look like naked and what he would look like wearing clothes, being more aware of the latter if anything since most people will keep their figure's fully clothed at all times.

Who is going to have him posed naked anway? I think the balance is great and he looks fantastic as is.

I got Arine today from toys2.

My figure sat and rotted in a mississauga post office for a couple of days before be transfered to my local branch to be shipped to me.

It's a great figure that I looked forward to with much anticpation.

However I feel it's a bit underwheaming. I don't know I'm not getting the same "high" off it as some of my other figures (T2 stuff)

I still like him a lot don't get me wrong. He'll look great on my shelf :)

If they made the underlying body any bigger the clothes and tiny head would look ridiculous - thats the problem they face making 1/6th nude figures with 'real' clothes that fit over. They have to strike a balance between what he will look like naked and what he would look like wearing clothes, being more aware of the latter if anything since most people will keep their figure's fully clothed at all times.

You're absolutely correct.
I have it standing in front of me right now and the silouhette really works very good. Never intended to pose him naked (whats the point?) it just than when i checked the body nude that i did not recognize arnold musculature. Arnold was a freak of nature, not properly proportioned, he had this pure comic book heroes body i do not see that in the naked body.
But who care it works perfectly dressed.
HT have to cheat a bit to make it work and it actually works pretty good.
Wonder what can HT can make after that to make me happy ^^

PS: some people really have some trouble standing other's subjective views and tend to think they have the truth. I wonder no more why some peoples get killed for ridiculous reasons everyday.
Sigh...

However I feel it's a bit underwheaming. I don't know I'm not getting the same "high" off it as some of my other figures (T2 stuff)

I still like him a lot don't get me wrong. He'll look great on my shelf :)

Feel the same.
It's really great but i don't know why it feels like something is lacking...
Don't know... Maybe after the orgy of accessory the T1000, this one feels a bit simple...
Don't get me wrong he's great.
Maybe it's what i call the Kubrick effect:

Everytime i was waiting on a kubrick's film, i always expected the movie to end all movies but then all you had was just a movie.
Feel disapointed the first time, then vision after visions, it grows on you, you see things you haven't before...

While i'm typing this i got him right in front of me...
It's really something... HT is really really good at their work!

Back