Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT always skimp with their glue. Ive had to run lines of glue down the insides of some of my HT boxes to stop them falling apart. I had to do it last night to a box of a figure thats pretty much brand new.

Help,

Classic or berzerker?
$240 each

I just got my first ever HT predator a few days back...it's the berserker. I've never handled or seen the classic up close before, but I can say for sure you will not go wrong or regret getting berserker. Only thing to look out for is the leather straps that might tear apart with time...not sure if classic has the same problem.

Although IMO usd240 for either of them is a high price. Shouldn't be more than usd190 for a mib one..

HT always skimp with their glue. Ive had to run lines of glue down the insides of some of my HT boxes to stop them falling apart. I had to do it last night to a box of a figure thats pretty much brand new.

The problem is that it's not just the lack of glue, the strap itself is falling apart. Ie the top leather looking part is peeling off from the bottom half of the strap. Lol :slap

The general answer you will get will be get Classic. It has more lights, a posh diorama base, kinda looks like p1. has 2 bio masks and more hands.

I personally prefer the Berserker. He looks really unique in a sea of predators that all have similar body armour, heads, masks and body netting. And if you were to have a figure to represent Predators it would have to be the Berserker. (p1, p2, scar, wolf & berserker ect)

If its a one off purcahse though id have to just say get classic. You really need a rhyme and reason to get Berserker more. Like if you intend to have a display from all 5 movies with the main creature from each

Yea i might think ill go with berserker since ht is most likely going to make a p1 soon.

Thanks for the info buddy. Guess it's just an aging thing then. A little sad as I thought a hot toys product would've been more durable.

Yeah I couldn't believe it when it happened too. For the price you pay for these I was pissed. Worse part was I was trying to get rid of Falconer when it happened:lol as I found I lost interest and funds had to be made.

Help,

Classic or berzerker?
$240 each

Classic. Has improved painting methods, looks really classy compared to the crayola looking Berserker. More accessories, diorama base (though I wouldn't recommend using it as a stand) and who can go wrong with the iconicness of the Pred 1 lookalike?

When I got Classic I sold off my Berserker for funds. It just wasn't as good. Classic's airbrushed spots are what Berserker was supposed to have, but they went with a crappy drybrushing on the production Berserker instead.

dscf5077p.jpg

dscf5078w.jpg

Well, the pose is reliant on having a dynamic display base (and im cheating by having "articulated" ankles)

dscf5067x.jpg

I really think the best way to display the Super preds is in an animated pose that makes them look a bit primal. They just never felt very true to the characters when i had them stood up straight on the standard bases

Well, the pose is reliant on having a dynamic display base (and im cheating by having "articulated" ankles)

dscf5067x.jpg

I really think the best way to display the Super preds is in an animated pose that makes them look a bit primal. They just never felt very true to the characters when i had them stood up straight on the standard bases

Yea a bit hard to give them those primal poses on these sma display bases. I have mine on Classic's stand. And did you say articulated ankle?

I took off the boots from the legs, and i pushed about an inch deep of black modeling clay into the boot then push the legs back into the boot (not all the way, like you are trying to put it back into the ball joint). Once the legs are in the boots stay on pretty tight but i wouldnt use this method without the display stand. Originally i was doing this just ona black HT stand to make it taller

for example

dscf4975h.jpg

It adds height to the figure, and the bonus of the leg being slightly raised in the boot is that you have range for motion (and extra, extra bonus is that the boots look more movie accurate when they are not skin tight to the legs like they come factory standard)

Back