Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is true. Didn't think of that. I don't think any of the other Preds had bubble wrap around their heads besides Wolf right?

Now that you mention it, I don't think any of the other Preds did come with the bubble wrap protecting the head. I wonder why the first version of Wolf was the only one?

Last edited:
i wonder... is this phrase programmed into some artificial robots?
i see it so often and it is always so out of reality.

ever tried to watch the movie?

2ff3c087a64d.jpg

30a0b3f9c4b2.jpg

f557dc903530.jpg

Looks pretty near to it, don´t it?!

2 points of "inaccuracy" (I don´t care, HT´s Berserker rocks, just speaking for the guys where it´s important) can be erased just by futzing the dreads, I´d say.

:lecture

Looks pretty near to it, don´t it?!

2 points of "inaccuracy" (I don´t care, HT´s Berserker rocks, just speaking for the guys where it´s important) can be erased just by futzing the dreads, I´d say.

:lecture

Not quite, though. that kind of adjustment would be immediately noticeable. And people have noticed, even the reviewers have noticed this. HT used their artistic license and made the head smaller and the biomask as compact as possible to make the head with the bio on proportionate to the body. It makes the figure stunning to look at but inaccurate to the source material.

It's evident that HT upheld aesthetics above all else for this particular figure, sacrificing accuracy and functionality to achieve that. Frankly, in that regard, HT succeeded in their intention. It'll be a good display piece.

Not quite, though. that kind of adjustment would be immediately noticeable. And people have noticed, even the reviewers have noticed this. HT used their artistic license and made the head smaller and the biomask as compact as possible to make the head with the bio on proportionate to the body. It makes the figure stunning to look at but inaccurate to the source material.

It's evident that HT upheld aesthetics above all else for this particular figure, sacrificing accuracy and functionality to achieve that. Frankly, in that regard, HT succeeded in their intention. It'll be a good display piece.

I think about it in 2 ways:

First: I love the look of Berserker in the movie bio-on, but bio-off he looks not that well, the mandibles spread way to wide for my sense of "taste" in that genre.^^ AND his head is way too big. But on the figure it´s perfect for me, cause you can still see that the Berserker Clan is different, but they don´t look like an almost different species, just another clan, for another hemisphere of the same homeworld.
So about that HT takes their artistic freedom and "fixes" Mr. Black to a more fitting is right and in my sense, great.
I like Black both bio-on and off in his figure form.

Second: Look at the dreads, buddy.
Most of´em lay on his shoulders, that´s why the look is so different and the montage clearly shows that he fundaments his arguments on the fact that a major part of Blacks head-broadness lays on the dreads, which fell on his shoulders because of his last motion, you know?
Whereas the figure pose shows his dreads behind his head, which slims the overal broadness.

I'm confused, doesnt the hot water just make them hang more naturally with the others? These look like they hang pretty straight as is from the photos...?

No way! they look sooo slicked back from the photos. I need some dreads to hang more ot the front and down like the photo above of the movie screen cap.

I still remember how people used to complain so much about the AVP Preds having big heads making them look like bobble heads. Now Berserker's head looks too small and no bobble headish enough. :lol Make up your minds people. Bobble or no bobble?

No way! they look sooo slicked back from the photos. I need some dreads to hang more ot the front and down like the photo above of the movie screen cap.

Exactly, Tim.
That´s what I meant.
:hi5

Edit:

I never bothered about to bobble or not to bobble.
No bobbeling for me and now pls stop bickering over bobbeling and be happy about the unbobble Berserker anti-bobble-head.
:lol :lol :lol

I think about it in 2 ways:

First: I love the look of Berserker in the movie bio-on, but bio-off he looks not that well, the mandibles spread way to wide for my sense of "taste" in that genre.^^ AND his head is way too big. But on the figure it´s perfect for me, cause you can still see that the Berserker Clan is different, but they don´t look like an almost different species, just another clan, for another hemisphere of the same homeworld.
So about that HT takes their artistic freedom and "fixes" Mr. Black to a more fitting is right and in my sense, great.
I like Black both bio-on and off in his figure form.

Second: Look at the dreads, buddy.
Most of´em lay on his shoulders, that´s why the look is so different and the montage clearly shows that he fundaments his arguments on the fact that a major part of Blacks head-broadness lays on the dreads, which fell on his shoulders because of his last motion, you know?
Whereas the figure pose shows his dreads behind his head, which slims the overal broadness.

Actually, it's not really much about the dread, though you're right that putting some of them along the shoulders the way EndlessIsRain is intending for his proposed custom would help :)

And like I said, in terms of aesthetics, HT has succeeded in making this look good. Some people do uphold accuracy but that doesn't mean that they won't be tolerant. Heck, the P1 has its inaccuracies, but it's my one of two top favorite figures of my collection. Personally, I would've preferred a screen-accurate one, but I do acknowledge that the artistic liberties done to this figure makes it a much more viable eye candy.

I still remember how people used to complain so much about the AVP Preds having big heads making them look like bobble heads. Now Berserker's head looks too small and no bobble headish enough. :lol Make up your minds people. Bobble or no bobble?

You can't please everybody :lol

Actually, it's not really much about the dread, though you're right that putting some of them along the shoulders the way EndlessIsRain is intending for his proposed custom would help :)

And like I said, in terms of aesthetics, HT has succeeded in making this look good. Some people do uphold accuracy but that doesn't mean that they won't be tolerant. Heck, the P1 has its inaccuracies, but it's my one of two top favorite figures of my collection. Personally, I would've preferred a screen-accurate one, but I do acknowledge that the artistic liberties done to this figure makes it a much more viable eye candy.

Absolutly, much agreed.

I too would love a P1, but like I said last week in Seb´s custom thread:
P1, are outlandish expensive converted to euro.
Prices for this masterpiece skyrocketed in a relative short time.
:( :gah:

Absolutly, much agreed.

I too would love a P1, but like I said last week in Seb´s custom thread:
P1, are outlandish expensive converted to euro.
Prices for this masterpiece skyrocketed in a relative short time.
:( :gah:

So true. It never fails to astonish how fast Pred figures jack up in prices :( I was lucky to get P1 and Cleaner Wolf at a really good price this year. But the other Preds is INSANELY high :(

I looked for the other preds and there was a guy on ebay germany that sold them, but at what starting bids...crazy, man.
I hope for a P1 in the near future...
:(

I looked for the other preds and there was a guy on ebay germany that sold them, but at what starting bids...crazy, man.
I hope for a P1 in the near future...
:(

If you only plan to get one older Pred figure, go for P1, he's the only one that matters :) Some people will tend to wait for the Classic Pred figure, but it's no substitute.

Arent they a little short to get the over shoulder look though? Even with the hot water?

It'd be great if it did work though! :yess::yess::yess:

I don´t think so either.
I have my hopes up to get a P1 from my girlfiend to my bd, thursday.
Indications: The present´s big, expensive, I don´t have something in that scale and she find´s it cool to.
:pray:

That reminds me I had a nightmare last night that my Batpod got melted by leaving it too close to a bedside lamp and my Tumbler got badly scorched. It was a great relief when I woke up from that one!
lol Did you wake up sweating?

Yup :) Made a review of it in OSW, though it's more meant for a few local collectors forum here :)

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...03744-review-hot-toys-mms-69-tdk-tumbler.html

BTW, good choice for first 1:6th figures :) Have to warn you, though, it's quite addictive, and you wallet will hate you for the rest of your life :D
I didnt know that tumbler could fit the Hot Toys Batman but then again you did say it was 1:6 scale. When I saw the box by your trash can I realized how big it was. Pretty good review too.

Thing is though (and this is simply mho) it's not their place to do that. That would be like not adding all the scars to Joker simply because the sculptor thinks he looks better without them. Taking creative license on somthing that has limited references is one thing but HT had plenty of photos for Berserker as shown in Tsang's blog. Personally I've grown to really like the big heads and mandibles on the new Preds cause to me it shows they are a different breed.

Back