Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone buy one from viking toys? Wondering if they got them yet?

I'm waiting for mine from Viking Playground as well. It still looks like he has it listed as preorder so I guess he must not have received his shipment yet.
Alan

i got my tracking info today from Viking, so im guessing you guys' wont be long now.........certainly took this figure long enough to be realeased.

i got my tracking info today from Viking, so im guessing you guys' wont be long now.........certainly took this figure long enough to be realeased.

I emailed them last night and later that night I received a shipping notice that it was going parcel post. No tracking info. It shouldn't be long now considering Viking Playground is in Brooklyn and I am in Central New Jersey.
Alan

I emailed them last night and later that night I received a shipping notice that it was going parcel post. No tracking info. It shouldn't be long now considering Viking Playground is in Brooklyn and I am in Central New Jersey.
Alan

Quick Update: I just received an email from them with tracking. It has tomorrow as the ship date so I guess Tony will be showing up at my house later next week.
Alan

I ordered from Marvel Shop (couldn't pass that deal up) on Thursday and got a shipping confirmation email w/UPS tracking number this afternoon.

I got mine last week but there is an issue with the wiring to the hands and the control box. One hand lights up the other doesn't. If I wiggle the wires, the hand that lights up either goes off or dims/flickers and the one that won't light will flicker. I am going to get a replacement but I could probably rewire the whole thing myself.

Just received mine today and I am having a similar issue. One of the blue wires leading into the control box is split as well, so the copper is hanging out.

Well it took some time but I got the boots finished.

5032b128.jpg

d9a2e4b3.jpg

Last edited:
Just got this today from BBTS. What a great store, especially for guys like me living here in the Middle East. They always deliver on time, always organized, and for some reason, their stuff never gets stopped at customs. Must be some special luck. This is my fourth package from them and I'm pleased with ever order.

Just opened the box to inspect the figure and looking very effing good. Now my Iron Man 1 collection is complete!

Dude its real easy. For the wire I used 28 gauge galvanized steel that I dipped into paint for the colors. I had it on hand and I wasn't sure if I could find small enough rubber coated wire to use. The only down side to this is the paint scrapes off easy so you have to be careful and touch up a lot but once its installed and on the shelf its fine. The blacking is easy and pretty full proof because if you get some on the shiny parts, all you have to do is scrape it off because it doesn't stick that well to the shiny bits. Let me know if you need some pointers if you try this.

now to tackle the arm parts... :(

Very cool pics and nice setup.

Hope to get mine from AP Collectibles someday before I die. They have them in stock but it's been 8 days and counting and they still haven't shipped it out. Filed a paypal dispute so maybe that'll change their mind on screwing around with me.

Back