Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I have a question about the 'old' Mark III figure - is the softer waist portion of the suit a slightly different colour to the hard parts on your figures or is mine suffering from discolouration already?

I can see it in this photo ever so slightly. It's more obvious in the sunlight.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyrewind/4031836535/

I would say it's normal due to the different materials.

Actually now that you bring it up..... Another reason to make sure to use LED lights as I believe I read that LEDs do not emit UV? I believe fiber optics is the best and reason why it is used in Museums but that tends to be overkill (Though I still have to work on mine :p) Oh yeah most Acrylics has UV filter coating as well :

Sideshow's predorder is up on this tonight. Authorized retailers are starting to list the discounted pre-sells, I would like to order one but I'm not sure who will have the best price. Any ideas?
-MACHone

Just pre-ordered 2!! I almost forgot about the pre-order. Detail section states "newly designed chest". Guess this is confirmation that the mini arc is built into the truetype chest. Nice touch.

This is the direction I wish Sideshow would take with their figures and 'environments'. Ditch the slabs of polystone please.

IronMan-TonyStarkMechTestVersion-4.jpg

Agree. actual sculpted environment objects which you can move around to any position. Street lights, benches, trees, fences/gates and such

I went ahead and pre-ordered this guy from Sideshow. I was never too interested in other high end Iron man figures because at a distance they all look like the kind you can get at Target. I know they are very detailed and articulated and all, but this guy has the scultping and detail I like in these figures. The RDJ head sculpt is the star. This should look great with my other figures.

i really don't know if i should pick up this guy , he looks damn fine but with all those iron man 2 figures coming out in a while ...

im really struggling to see the point of this figure?!?!

I think it's to sell the head sculpt which is brilliant but the main reason is money. Trying to squeeze as much out the Iron Man license as possible before Iron Man 2 comes round.

Best head sculpt of RDJ ever (in prototype that is) and it's an unrepresented moment from the movie. I wish he had the red armored up arm when he first tries the repulsor blasts though. But this will be my first Hot Toys Iron Man.

Back