1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2020reveals.JPG

I'd say the next few should be DC if things were going to be balanced out. 6 Marvel's in a row is a bit ridiculousthough , especially when there are so many Star Wars characters to tap into to break things up.

SW has to be next. Hoping it?s Qui Gon & Mando that gets released along with a new fig announcement. Knowing our luck it?ll be more Marvel that gets released. Wasp & Gamora

Talk about a race of turtles...Qui-Gonn, Wasp and Gamora. Collectively, I've had those three on pre-order for about six years! :)

The FB rumor I read said that this and the Mando Stormtrooper are supposed to be released in July.

It's ridiculous to me that Lando, Episode I Obi-Wan, Bespin Han and Bespin Luke 2.0 haven't been put up yet.

Doubly so for Forever Batman and Robin.

It's ridiculous to me that Lando, Episode I Obi-Wan, Bespin Han and Bespin Luke 2.0 haven't been put up yet.

Doubly so for Forever Batman and Robin.

I have a feeling Ep1 Obi will get announced once there's hype build up again (official updates, etc.) for the Kenobi TV series.

Can't wait to see a complete Duel of the Fates teaser from HT.

Wouldn't you just love to see the full year somehow.

Yeah, although I can't see it being as red as last year. I'm struggling to see what they could do for Marvel apart from re-releases like Whiplash and Video Game Spider-Man's.

HT2019.JPG

So we had 3 other property figures (non SW, DC or Marvel) figures announced in 2019 and none so far in 2020. I'm wondering if we'll see any this year. I love SW, Marvel and DC but I can't help but think back to the times when we got great figures from Inglourious Basterds, Terminator, Predator, Hellboy and so on... It's all the same now.

So we had 3 other property figures (non SW, DC or Marvel) figures announced in 2019 and none so far in 2020. I'm wondering if we'll see any this year. I love SW, Marvel and DC but I can't help but think back to the times when we got great figures from Inglourious Basterds, Terminator, Predator, Hellboy and so on... It's all the same now.

One of the reasons I have made zero HT purchases in 2020. If I decide to pass on Qui Gon there is no other figure in HT catalog I?m interested in. And with no exciting preorders it might be four years since my next HT figure

I wouldn?t get your hopes up for more figures from other properties. HT are fully on the Marvel bandwagon at the moment. Have you seen their new store in Japan? It?s literally all Marvel.

I wouldn?t get your hopes up for more figures from other properties. HT are fully on the Marvel bandwagon at the moment. Have you seen their new store in Japan? It?s literally all Marvel.

That was the theme though, same as the DC theme a while back, but yea the fact that it is all SW, DC, Marvel ain't wrong. But then again... Disney owns everything now don't they? And Popculture wise those three are basically the only mainstream movies coming out these days... I mean Hot Toys is not going to make a 1917 or Parasite figure are they..

They there was even a Scissorshand.

Star Wars also just isn't very popular in Asia, which is Hot Toys primary market. It's always been bigger in North America and Europe. Part of me wonders if HT would make as many Star Wars figures as they do is Howard wasn't such a big fan of the series. They're definitely going to target Marvel in their stores over there - superheroes and baseball/basketball are the popular "American" things in Asia.

Star Wars also just isn't very popular in Asia, which is Hot Toys primary market. It's always been bigger in North America and Europe. Part of me wonders if HT would make as many Star Wars figures as they do is Howard wasn't such a big fan of the series. They're definitely going to target Marvel in their stores over there - superheroes and baseball/basketball are the popular "American" things in Asia.

This is why we need more competition, only HT having the license isn't good for the market. Sideshow also had it but they pretty much wasted it the last couple of years.

This is why we need more competition, only HT having the license isn't good for the market. Sideshow also had it but they pretty much wasted it the last couple of years.

Sideshow's quality isn't on par with Hot Toys. I think that's a reason they fell off.

Damtoys is as close as we have to Hot Toys for licensed figured, LIMToys for unlicensed. Asmus and Star Ace do a great job with their accessories and tailoring, but their face sculpts and paint jobs are pretty horrendous. ThreeZero and Big Chief Studios are pretty hit or miss depending on the release. Blitzway does a nice job but I don't see them getting a license like this.

I doubt we'll see a competitor to Hot Toys for Star Wars sixth scale. I just don't think there's any companies that want the license knowing they have no domestic audience for it. Hot Toys will still make money off it so they'll continue, especially considering their relationship with Disney these days. I just think they'll push Marvel as much as they can and ride that wagon while it's still on fire. Maybe once the MCU inevitably starts to tail off without some of the biggest stars there, Hot Toys will look for things outside of Marvel/DC/Star Wars to push.

Back