1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as they annoy me sometimes I'm just glad Hot Toys has the Star Wars license. They have no competition, in 1/6 they are miles ahead of everyone. I wish Sideshow was still making Star Wars figures though.

As much as they annoy me sometimes I'm just glad Hot Toys has the Star Wars license. They have no competition, in 1/6 they are miles ahead of everyone. I wish Sideshow was still making Star Wars figures though.

I think others are catching up - but yes, I agree. Just the overall quality time in time out, clothing, tailoring, paint application, sculpting is top notch. Even when a piece is disappointing it's still pretty darned good.

They do deserve a lot of criticism to some degree, as some releases feel like they was slacking or created just to provide a financial boost for themselves - but you know, these things happen when you become so big and have multiple labels on the go. For how much they're producing they have no right to consistently get everything so well done.

I just wish they would stop being so franchise driven and producing lots of minor characters and delve into popular other characters as one offs. I didn't think the new Hellboy was overly great, but I love the character and still going to keep my order as it looks great but also I want to show other properties will work also. I won't be getting Alita, but I hope that does well. Other than that everything is dominantly Marvel followed by a lot of Star Wars with not much DC. Hopefully after the End Game slew of figures we'll get some top notch diversity from HT, I believe that's when they're at their strongest. Just remembered I have Pennywise on order also, not sure if I'll keep the figure but I want to support that way of producing. Stuff like John Wick, Pennywise, Hellboy, Alita - this type of line up makes them an interesting company.

Finally jumped in on the preorder for Qui-Gon. I saw him at SDCC last year and he was seriously one of the most beautiful figures. Easily one of Hot Toys' best likenesses if the final product looks anything like that prototype.

I just hope the final sculpt doesn't suck after all this time. If the sculpt isn't near perfect liam neeson, it's a no buy for me. Also all this delay and pushing things back just means when they come out, it will hit all at once.

I pre-ordered Qui Gon today , having the DX17 Darth Maul, both go hand in hand and will be my Icon pieces for Phantom Menace.

Does anyone predict that both figures ( Maul & Qui Gon ) will skyrocket in price once Qui Gon is released ?

I pre-ordered Qui Gon today , having the DX17 Darth Maul, both go hand in hand and will be my Icon pieces for Phantom Menace.

Does anyone predict that both figures ( Maul & Qui Gon ) will skyrocket in price once Qui Gon is released ?

There’s no way I would pass on Qui-Gon but I think a bunch of people are waiting on a TPM Obi-Wan more than him to pair with Maul. By the time he comes out Maul will probably be completely sold out so I’m guessing that’s when it’s gonna be expensive to find Maul and maybe even QGJ.

I think a lot of people are sleeping on this one. It?s gonna be a great looking figure. He?ll for sure go up in price. Even though he was only in one movie he is still a main character from the prequels and they definitely will not make him again. You can pose him with anyone from the prequels and it?ll look good. Also I imagine they will release Ep1 Obi-wan at some point, and then everyone will be wanting Qui-gon

There’s no way I would pass on Qui-Gon but I think a bunch of people are waiting on a TPM Obi-Wan more than him to pair with Maul. By the time he comes out Maul will probably be completely sold out so I’m guessing that’s when it’s gonna be expensive to find Maul and maybe even QGJ.

I thought Maul was already sold out?

I thought Maul was already sold out?

nah hes available still in my country ( Australia )at Pop Culture and is 645.00 for the Sith Speeder Set .

Ive seen some dumb prices on darth maul on ebay , i saw one for over $2500.00 USD LOL

I think a lot of people are sleeping on this one. It?s gonna be a great looking figure. He?ll for sure go up in price. Even though he was only in one movie he is still a main character from the prequels and they definitely will not make him again. You can pose him with anyone from the prequels and it?ll look good. Also I imagine they will release Ep1 Obi-wan at some point, and then everyone will be wanting Qui-gon

Actuually They will chase all three once EP1 OBI comes out .

Yeah it happens every time lol, Once this comes out, all the Mauls will sell out/skyrocket. Then once EP1 OWK is announced, Qui-Gon will sell out/skyrocket.

Why is price increase important? Do you buy for profit? Or do you mean "if you don't buy it, it'll be much mote expensive later on, so if you have intention buy it now"?

Why is price increase important? Do you buy for profit? Or do you mean "if you don't buy it, it'll be much mote expensive later on, so if you have intention buy it now"?

Like it or not, it's part of the hobby and worth discussing. Everyone collects and thinks of their collection differently.

For me price increases are very important. Buying these things is getting more and more difficult to justify with the increasing costs, so if I want one I need to decide if I'm ok pre-ordering and having to pay sooner, or save up and buy it later at the risk of having to shell out more money.

Back