Hot Toys -MMS Star Wars Episode VII: Finn & First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS Star Wars Episode VII: Finn & First Order Riot Control Stormtroop

Ok all - do I really need to get the 2 pack? Is the riot trooper cool? Yes, but there are so much coming out. Phasma, Rey. What do y'all think?

Re: Hot Toys -MMS Star Wars Episode VII: Finn & First Order Riot Control Stormtroop

If you want Finn, just grab the single. Kinda wishing I did, since I can't get the Riot Trooper to do anything cool looking. It's very hard to pose. I actually boxed mine up again. I don't have enough space for it to be out on display at the moment, with Rey and BB-8 coming eventually.

I say get it. I really like the new Stormtrooper design. Sure, they are difficult to pose. But they will look cool enough even in a relaxed pose. :)

I already have one StormTrooper from tfa. That's why I'm wondering if I need another

Definitely just get the single Finn then, if you even want Finn.

I already have one StormTrooper from tfa. That's why I'm wondering if I need another

I say keep an eye out for the parts that make the regular into the riot trooper. It was certainly a more inexpensive way for me! I have to say it really improved the look. If/when I get bored, boom regular trooper again.

image.jpg

:wink1:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 265

They should probably have put this on the 20% markdown to be more competitive with the Ebay prices.

That can be said about most of their TFA Black Friday deals........not a lot unexpected offerings but most not really cheapest to be found.

This may have been asked already, but I would like to purchase HT Finn and also a HT First Order Stormtrooper. From what I can tell, if I purchase this Riot Control Stormtrooper, is that essentially just a Stormtrooper? If I could purchase the 2-pack, I'd save a chunk of change.

It is. Only thing it's missing is the small pistol I think.

Anyone thinks these are scams? Seems way too good to be true...

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 1.17.03 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 1.16.48 PM.jpg

I saw that auction for the Finn. It sounds way to good to be true.

I hope HT release the riot control trooper on its own.

Well you could have bought a standard TFA Stormtrooper on sale without weapons or stand for about $110 on Monkey Depot. The riot shield is currently $13 there and the riot control Baton with electricity effect was around $20, then all you'd have to get is the TFA stormtrooper grip hands which are $4 there and you'd have a budget Riot Control Trooper. Extras you could splurge on would be extra hands, a stand, and blaster.
I went a different route by buying all the TFA armor and body separately without the padded body suit and rifle (before these started to go on sale). The baton and shield I bought separately there so I got my RC Trooper for about $165 in the end. Also since I didn't use the padded suit, My trooper has a pretty great range of movement!

I recommend buying a standard TFA stormy that's on sale and get the shield, baton and grip hands separately. I don't think HT will ever release the Riot Control Trooper on it's own since HT TFA figures are going for huge discounts at the moment.

Sideshow has a buy one get one deal now...Riot Trooper and Finn are in the offer...

Lol they have to start giving some of these troopers away. They must have massively overproduced these. Should be far less made for TLJ.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well you could have bought a standard TFA Stormtrooper on sale without weapons or stand for about $110 on Monkey Depot. The riot shield is currently $13 there and the riot control Baton with electricity effect was around $20, then all you'd have to get is the TFA stormtrooper grip hands which are $4 there and you'd have a budget Riot Control Trooper. Extras you could splurge on would be extra hands, a stand, and blaster.
I went a different route by buying all the TFA armor and body separately without the padded body suit and rifle (before these started to go on sale). The baton and shield I bought separately there so I got my RC Trooper for about $165 in the end. Also since I didn't use the padded suit, My trooper has a pretty great range of movement!

I recommend buying a standard TFA stormy that's on sale and get the shield, baton and grip hands separately. I don't think HT will ever release the Riot Control Trooper on it's own since HT TFA figures are going for huge discounts at the moment.

Does anyone know where I can find the baton and hands? I am fairly new to this hobby.

Does anyone know where I can find the baton and hands? I am fairly new to this hobby.

Found baton and shield on eBay ( searched hot toys riot control). No hands unfortunately.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-MMS...%3Afb45961715a0abc05aaf6991fffd8aef%7Ciid%3A6

https://m.ebay.com/itm/new-in-stock...%3Afb4b3b0115a0a6a8f3e7cc46fff7b5ba%7Ciid%3A2

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-1-6...3Afb4deb5715a0a5e28207f7d8fff7bb1f%7Ciid%3A23

Hope that helps!

Back