1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Phasma pics are up, have your popcorn ready....

900x900px-LL-24e90401_popcornjimmyfallon.gif

Thick panel lines or not, I'm going to pre-order Ms. Chrometrooper.

I was going to resist buying any Episode VII high end collectibles buuuuuuut this does look super fine. May have to reconsider my HT purchases for 2016...

Looks awesome indeed! But I'm not sure if I'm going to order this anymore. Will wait for the movie and only then decide. For now, Kylo and Tie Pilot (not sure also about the pilot). Dont get me wrong, I'm loving this all but I need to see some other characters (like Supreme Leader Snoke), and choose some. Can't put my money on everything.:(

Looks OK... I just don't seem to care enough for any of these characters till I see the movie. Then depending if I like it I'd maybe pick up Kylo Ren but really that's it so far. There is nothing unique about Phasma to me.. It's just a chromed First Order Stormtrooper with a cape, and I'm already not crazy about they're design. I just can't not see the Disney influenced design of the duck helmet. :( Even Kylo Ren's lower mask has the same curved shape and design. I already feel they made this character a little sexist... Let's make a bad ass female character with the same armor, but since it's a female we'll bling her out in shiny chrome armor and a cape??? If I was a female fan that would really annoy me!! :rotfl Now if they're were other chrome troopers in the movie then fine, but if Phasma is the only one, shame on Disney... A blatant plug to attract more little girls... But that's just me :) Glad the rest of you all like it!

She looks pretty awesome. I hope that if she unmasks in the movie, we get a head sculpt. Same for Ren.

I hope that if she unmasks in the movie

Without a doubt I believe she will unmask in the movie... How else could Disney execs pat themselves on the back for creating a kick ass female villain in Star Wars if the general public never realizes its a female under there!!! :rotfl I guarantee it'll probably be in the 1st TV spot after the movie is released as well... Gotta get more girls interested! (By the way I have a 10 year old daughter who's a Star Wars fan and she was even a Fist Order Stormtrooper for Halloween. And even knowing Phasma was a girl she had absolutely no interest in the character. She thinks the shiny armor is dumb.)

Without a doubt I believe she will unmask in the movie... How else could Disney execs pat themselves on the back for creating a kick ass female villain in Star Wars if the general public never realizes its a female under there!!! :rotfl I guarantee it'll probably be in the 1st TV spot after the movie is released as well... Gotta get more girls interested! (By the way I have a 10 year old daughter who's a Star Wars fan and she was even a Fist Order Stormtrooper for Halloween. And even knowing Phasma was a girl she had absolutely no interest in the character. She thinks the shiny armor is dumb.)

She does speak in the movie. Even without seeing her face you'll know it's a woman under the armor.

Personally I prefer she keeps the mask on to preserve the mystery but we'll find out either way in about 40 days.

I already feel they made this character a little sexist... Let's make a bad ass female character with the same armor, but since it's a female we'll bling her out in shiny chrome armor and a cape??? If I was a female fan that would really annoy me!! :rotfl Now if they're were other chrome troopers in the movie then fine, but if Phasma is the only one, shame on Disney... A blatant plug to attract more little girls...

I'm sure that was Disney's plan all along. You don't think it's possible that the character and concept art were created long before a woman was cast for the role? There aren't many females with the stature of Gwendolyne Christie, and after her turn in Game of Thrones perhaps JJ thought she would be perfect for the yet uncast Captain Phasma.

As far as the chromed armor, she is the Captain. Maybe it's the armor you earn once you reach rank. Or maybe she's just so badass she wants to be a target for the enemy, daring them to try to bring her down. Sexist? Come on man.

Dont know if anyone knows but this is up for preorder within 2 hours ss just told me think they said 12 pacific time

Looks OK... I just don't seem to care enough for any of these characters till I see the movie. Then depending if I like it I'd maybe pick up Kylo Ren but really that's it so far. There is nothing unique about Phasma to me.. It's just a chromed First Order Stormtrooper with a cape, and I'm already not crazy about they're design. I just can't not see the Disney influenced design of the duck helmet. :( Even Kylo Ren's lower mask has the same curved shape and design. I already feel they made this character a little sexist... Let's make a bad ass female character with the same armor, but since it's a female we'll bling her out in shiny chrome armor and a cape??? If I was a female fan that would really annoy me!! :rotfl Now if they're were other chrome troopers in the movie then fine, but if Phasma is the only one, shame on Disney... A blatant plug to attract more little girls... But that's just me :) Glad the rest of you all like it!

I would wear a chromed up Stormtrooper armor and I'm sure any guy would as much as any girl.

If Disney were being sexist Phasma would look like this:
bceda9f96bb75635a26093e06be591bd.jpg

Now that would be a slap to all female fans out there.

Cmon man this isn't sexist at all.

I would wear a chromed up Stormtrooper armor and I'm sure any guy would as much as any girl.

:goodpost:

i agree, it gives guys a good drag option and girls a good badass outfit with out the slut factor :hi5: :monkey3

Well like I said, I have a 10 year old daughter who thinks it's dumb. Her words as to "Is it shiny armor cause its a girl?" And that photo? That's not remotely the same. That's not an actual portrayal but a female cosplayer's interpretation (as have many others). If that was in any from of media (Movie or Comic) it would've been all over the news.

Well like I said, I have a 10 year old daughter who thinks it's dumb. Her words as to "Is it shiny armor cause its a girl?" And that photo? That's not remotely the same. That's not an actual portrayal but a female cosplayer's interpretation (as have many others). If that was in any from of media (Movie or Comic) it would've been all over the news.

So they created a strong female character (we think) for this film, gave her special armor that is shiny as hell but isn't accentuating any part of her femininity/sexualizing her in any way at all...and yet somehow its sexist? I think you're just kinda looking for something to troll on about here dude.

Back