1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they created a strong female character (we think) for this film, gave her special armor that is shiny as hell but isn't accentuating any part of her femininity/sexualizing her in any way at all...and yet somehow its sexist? I think you're just kinda looking for something to troll on about here dude.

I read his last comment and I just moved on...

He just glanced over what I said and just said whatever he wanted. I call troll :lol

I read his last comment and I just moved on...

He just glanced over what I said and just said whatever he wanted. I call troll :lol

I'm confused... Are you calling me a troll? Whatever... I'll let my 10 year old daughter know that grown men think its cool, and she's just a fool for having an opinion that turning a trooper into a girl and giving her shiny armor is dumb just cause shes a girl. Maybe there's another reason for it? I don't know.. I'll have to see the movie first.... I guess my opinions aren't allowed unless I agree with other people.

I assumed the armor was chrome to signify that she was a captain. From the perspective of a Stormtrooper, it would be pretty difficult to tell who was in charge if they all look the same.

"Who's in charge here?"

"I am."

"Who said that?"

"I did."

"....Okay could you just raise your hand?"

I got as excited as a 10 year old girl when i saw the Star Wars trailer.... and i like Phasma's outfit , sooooo ... where does that leave us :rotfl

No cause he's black, and black is manly and cool!! :lol

rocky-horror.jpg

get your preorder money ready

I'm confused... Are you calling me a troll? Whatever... I'll let my 10 year old daughter know that grown men think its cool, and she's just a fool for having an opinion that turning a trooper into a girl and giving her shiny armor is dumb just cause shes a girl. Maybe there's another reason for it? I don't know.. I'll have to see the movie first.... I guess my opinions aren't allowed unless I agree with other people.
Naw man, your daughter is cool.

But saying your 10 year old daughter thinks it's to girly is a weak argument.

The fact that your seeing Phasma as s girl first rather than a person says a lot. If Phasma was a dude wearing chrome armor we'll still think he's awesome.

Who says "shiny" = "girl"? That's sexist, isn't it?

:clap:clap:clap :goodpost:

Maybe her character, like others have said, is just that much of a badass. Maybe she's got some arrogance going for her, wants to be noticed. After all she is a villain. Oh no Disney made a woman villain, doesn't that make all women evil now? No. Nobody is saying anything about your daughter having a dumb opinion or anything, that's not in anyone's control as to what someone thinks. But as far as the typical cries of people calling something sexist, I think in this regard it is invalid and misplaced. Its just a character who happens to be a woman. We don't always have to dig deeper than that.

Maybe her character, like others have said, is just that much of a badass. Maybe she's got some arrogance going for her, wants to be noticed. After all she is a villain. Oh no Disney made a woman villain, doesn't that make all women evil now? No. Nobody is saying anything about your daughter having a dumb opinion or anything, that's not in anyone's control as to what someone thinks. But as far as the typical cries of people calling something sexist, I think in this regard it is invalid and misplaced. Its just a character who happens to be a woman. We don't always have to dig deeper than that.

:goodpost:

Back