Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry with and w/o Mk IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I received the set and for the most part it's great. no fading on the figure all the lights work on the MK IV and the gantry etc.

The small rear-right panel on the gantry is loose and won't stay extended without falling over. Not a major issue, it's hardly noticeable and I have it propped against the back of the detolf anyway.

The broken arm peg has been glued into the arm though, need a plan to extract it if I want to repair it properly.

Also a few pieces were missing, the broken forearm piece, the right forearm bottom rocket launcher, the basic black stand and the MK IV instructions. I have contacted the guy about finding/shipping them on to me.

Very happy to have this in my collection at last, it's a stunning piece!

Congrats on the acquisition! It's an awesome set. Did you get a deal I hope? I saw a used set go for $750 shipped on eBay yesterday. Felt good about paying $600 shipped for a new set a few months back.

Love this set with the MKIV...it's what got me into Hot Toys. Unfortunately I was so busy when it was released that I missed it in retail at AUD $529 and ended up paying AUD $850 for a MISB from Hong Kong. The expense is in the past now thankfully.

I have the MKIV armor separate and the Tony figure from Armor Test standing in the gantry...wearing the earlier Tony head for the MKIV.

Love this set with the MKIV...it's what got me into Hot Toys. Unfortunately I was so busy when it was released that I missed it in retail at AUD $529 and ended up paying AUD $850 for a MISB from Hong Kong. The expense is in the past now thankfully.

I have the MKIV armor separate and the Tony figure from Armor Test standing in the gantry...wearing the earlier Tony head for the MKIV.
Very cool! I'd love to see a pic of that if you ever get the chance.

I know what you mean. The aftermarket is always more, but the Gantry doesn't appear to be something that will be replicated, at least for now. So I think you made a good purchase.

Very cool! I'd love to see a pic of that if you ever get the chance.

Here's a snapshot...work in progress...

Gantry-1.jpg

Looks great. You can get the arms right back like they should be in the movie, in case you were afraid to do it.

Thanks...still lots to do but just got the remote controlled LED strip lighting installed which works well.

So the robot arms do pivot in that base socket with the yellow rectangle thingy. Wanted to turn them but seemed immovable on my gantry. Hairdryer maybe?

Gantry2.jpg

Thanks...still lots to do but just got the remote controlled LED strip lighting installed which works well.

So the robot arms do pivot in that base socket with the yellow rectangle thingy. Wanted to turn them but seemed immovable on my gantry. Hairdryer maybe?

View attachment 169833

Yeah. You also need to tease the mounting point of the part that hold his arms to the main arms. I actually slightly unscrewed mine to ease the transition to 90 degrees.
But as that's how it appeared in the movie, that's the way i display mine.

I seen one of these Gantry's go up for sale near me. I could probably pick it up but I'd say I would have a hard time finding a MKIV. Weren't these in stock at Sideshow for a long time :lol

Back