HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

My Kai mouth is already here :monkey3

6CDBC926-2322-415A-A18A-EA95333F9596-2849-000003174F2B5C64_zpsd6005483.jpg

588E43B2-6FBB-47C6-9AAC-E421F5CBEB28-2849-0000031743D72A32_zpsca81d991.jpg

Where is that mouth piece from, if you don/t mind me asking :) ? Looks good.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I like to see some pics of the face from the front with Kai''s mouth piece if you have them, Hydeous.

Diorama accessories ideas?

This is probably as good a place as any to ask:

Does anyone have any suggestions for backgrounds and accessory items I might use in a diorama to display the following:

Space: 59" wide, 23" deep and 16" height allowance

DX12 Batman
Catwoman
Tumbler
Bat-Pod

I hadn't planned on getting the Tumbler and Bat-pod until recently, so I scrapped my plan to host Batman and Catwoman on a single Detolf shelf and instead have dedicated a large shelf. This space is part of a custom wall cabinet that was going to be dedicated to Star Wars. Now the bottom level will house Batman with SW pushed up one level, otherwise there's no way I could hope to fit the Tumbler anywhere else in my office. Except maybe the ceiling...

I'm not looking for anything ultra-complicated or time consuming to set up because I have enough on my plate now and in the future to keep me pretty busy. I'm open to purchasing some pre-made or "needs assembly" pieces as well as custom-fabricating and painting. Lighting is going to be part of this setup - the space is already pre-wired for 12v and I've got enough LED supplies to do pretty much anything. :)

I was leaning to creating textured tarmac flooring to start for an "outdoor" display, but I'm open to other ideas. It just needs to look appropriate and interesting - to highlight and compliment the figures/vehicles - I don't care to replicate a specific scene of any of the movies.

A partial shipping container and some skids might look good - I've already seen that in someone else's very convincing and (amazing) elaborate dio.

Re: Diorama accessories ideas?

This is probably as good a place as any to ask:

Does anyone have any suggestions for backgrounds and accessory items I might use in a diorama to display the following:

Space: 59" wide, 23" deep and 16" height allowance

DX12 Batman
Catwoman
Tumbler
Bat-Pod

I hadn't planned on getting the Tumbler and Bat-pod until recently, so I scrapped my plan to host Batman and Catwoman on a single Detolf shelf and instead have dedicated a large shelf. This space is part of a custom wall cabinet that was going to be dedicated to Star Wars. Now the bottom level will house Batman with SW pushed up one level, otherwise there's no way I could hope to fit the Tumbler anywhere else in my office. Except maybe the ceiling...

I'm not looking for anything ultra-complicated or time consuming to set up because I have enough on my plate now and in the future to keep me pretty busy. I'm open to purchasing some pre-made or "needs assembly" pieces as well as custom-fabricating and painting. Lighting is going to be part of this setup - the space is already pre-wired for 12v and I've got enough LED supplies to do pretty much anything. :)

I was leaning to creating textured tarmac flooring to start for an "outdoor" display, but I'm open to other ideas. It just needs to look appropriate and interesting - to highlight and compliment the figures/vehicles - I don't care to replicate a specific scene of any of the movies.

A partial shipping container and some skids might look good - I've already seen that in someone else's very convincing and (amazing) elaborate dio.

Check out this thread by "The Ecko". Awesome dio.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116184

Thanks for the link, that's an awesome display he came up with and could provide the inspiration for an element in the background of mine. I have decent sculpting skills and passable carving skills so I don't think it would be a problem coming up with something attractive.

Looking at it immediately made me think of inserting an edge-lit piece of plexi in the bat symbol. Then about inserting two, each lit with a different color and with different etched portions...

How about something reminiscent of the movie poster?

https://www.legendary.com/uploads/films/the-dark-knight-rises/tdkr_onesheet_hires.jpg

At least in color and logo composition. I'm not sure if I can pull it off yet, if my idea will translate well into a finished design, so some testing of the etching/lighting would be in order before starting on any sculpting.

Thanks guys , i appreciate that .

Funny you said that , i incorporated plexi glass into my bat symbol with the fact i wanted to add an LED to light it up . That's why you see it in Remy dio that he commissioned me.

Great minds think alike

DX 12 is back to In Stock on the SS web site. No more checking inventory tag. Don't know of this means anything, but it could be a good sign.

DX 12 is back to In Stock on the SS web site. No more checking inventory tag. Don't know of this means anything, but it could be a good sign.

Sounds like a good time to Flex if you haven't done so already. :yess:

Meh, still says 1-2 weeks after order is placed though.

batman's got a saggy butt. the cape is good for covering this fact.

Back