HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

dsc02817q.jpg

To the guy who thinks the DX12 "sucks". You're crazy.

Good display.

What drives me crazy, is people not seeing how wrog are the lines in the cowl. All of them!!! all the lines are wrong. No matter if you use a better face plate, the lines will remain WRONG.

And the shoulders.... :slap

This figure is beyond savig..

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

you are beyond saving.

:lol

Look, T, I think all of us know how you think the DX12 is beyond saving and that you dont like it. Point taken, no need to repeat the same thing over and over again. Thanks :wave

Good display.

What drives me crazy, is people not seeing how wrog are the lines in the cowl. All of them!!! all the lines are wrong. No matter if you use a better face plate, the lines will be remain WRONG.

you are beyond saving.

dk13985ssd.jpg

ohnoyoudidnt.gif

Good display.

What drives me crazy, is people not seeing how wrog are the lines in the cowl. All of them!!! all the lines are wrong. No matter if you use a better face plate, the lines will be remain WRONG.

Come on now.

You're getting ridiculous now.

Good display.

What drives me crazy, is people not seeing how wrog are the lines in the cowl. All of them!!! all the lines are wrong. No matter if you use a better face plate, the lines will remain WRONG.

People do see it, its just they don't let it ruin their whole day. Seriously its getting pathetic now.

they juts keep repeating they have a notification of shipping time over and over when questioned.

That is something new. My own order for DX12 and another item was placed on February 14th and I can (almost) guarantee that they had only "IN STOCK" with no delay warnings or anything else to indicate that it would not ship immediately on the site. They didn't have any such notice for at least 3 or 4 days leading up to my order nor for at least a couple of days following. They didn't have any such notice in the order confirmation/receipt emails. The person I've been exchanging emails with is under the impression that since the end of January the site has always listed "ships in 3 to 4 weeks." I think they'd better check their database and talk to the person who inputs the changes to the site... Oops.

I don't mind waiting, I just like to know that I'll be waiting when I place the order.

My CC was finally charged Feb 20th, a few days after receiving an email saying that the figure would be processed that day. The order still says "processing" on the site today (Feb 26). I was told last Thursday that it would ship in 1 or 2 business days - it's now approaching mid-way through the 3rd and still "processing" with stock levels on the product page changing between "IN STOCK" and "CHECKING STOCK" at least once a day for the past couple of days. The second item of that order shipped on the 18th, the first Monday following the order.

The explanation I received (today for the first time) is that the shipment was held up by customs. Which again, I can understand - it would just have been nice to know ahead of time that this wasn't actually "IN STOCK."

As an aside, and not directly related to the delay, I can also say that the entire order experience has been somewhat bizarre from an e-commerce perspective, unlike anything I've ever seen in the past 20 years. The order flow and address and credit card verification process was very unintuitive, restrictive (it modifies the address you input) and not at all real-time. Which is a shame as this also caused a 2-day delay up front because of the auto-changed billing address and incorrect expiration date on the CC - definitely not input that way by me as I used a form-filler with the correct date.

Sideshow has returned my emails quite quickly and also quickly responded to a wait-list cancellation request - generally speaking I'm quite satisfied with their customer service response times and feedback, but the web order process could stand an overhaul.

Oh BTW, nice to be on the forum. Long-time collector of all kinds of things, long time reader, and first time poster here. Incidentally, Selina Kyle Catwoman pre-ordered and Tumbler awaiting shipment. :)

Last edited:

From my previous post in relation to my EMP gun not working out of the box I've ordered some replacement LR521 batteries to try, if not I may have to go down the Hot Toys Customer Service route which I've heard is non-existent. :dunno

Wait a second Falconer.

My second DX 12 Batman had the same problem with the EMP gun. I pulled the plastic tab out, and no matter how many times I hit the on/off switch, it wouldn't come on or light. I tried taking the batteries out, put them back in, even put in my own. Nothing.

Well, I was like "screw this", and put it back in the tray. Well, I left the switch on by accident, and I saw it glowing blue in there a little less than a minute it after putting it in the tray. After that, I put it off, then on, then off again and it works fine.

Yours probably works. Take the battery cover off, gently pry press the batteries around (maybe put the plastic tab in there and gently pry and move them around a bit) and see what happens when you leave it on. I bet it works.

Last edited:

Good pose.

That's a great picture :clap:panic:

Agreed! :cuckoo:

This figure is fantastic! :hi5:

beautiful display! :clap

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! :hi5:

Lord Dracula, is the batman all stock? Any mods done?

Just robbie's mouthpiece and iforigno's rayon cape, that's it ;).

Great poses, Drac. Especially Joker. I like how you utilized the accessories as display pieces without overdoing it. Some people have to leave every single accessory piled up at the feet of the figure making it look cheap and cluttered.

Thanks! I think I still used too many accessories though.. but they are so damn cool it would be a shame to put them back in the box. I'll do that later but for now I'll keep it like this and enjoy them as well as the figures, maybe remove the stack of cash right now though. I try to display my figures with minimal or no accessories at all as it gives the display a more clean look imo, like you as well. It can look cluttered and cheap if overdone.

Work In Progress

BatmanIpad001_zps858ee02e.jpg

That's awesome! :clap

Good display.

And the shoulders....

You need to see some kind of professional psychiatrist.. seriously.

Come on now.

You're getting ridiculous now.

He even has "DX12 sucks" in his sig.. :slap

Last edited:

Wait a second Falconer.

My second DX 12 Batman had the same problem with the EMP gun. I pulled the plastic tab out, and no matter how many times I hit the on/off switch, it wouldn't come on or light. I tried taking the batteries out, put them back in, even put in my own. Nothing.

Well, I was like "screw this", and put it back in the tray. Well, I left the switch on by accident, and I saw it glowing blue in there a little less than a minute it after putting it in the tray. After that, I put it off, then on, then off again and it works fine.

Yours probably works. Take the battery cover off, gently pry press the batteries around (maybe put the plastic tab in there and gently pry and move them around a bit) and see what happens when you leave it on. I bet it works.

Thanks man, I did exactly that just can't get the damn thing to work but I've managed to buy 10 of them for 99p (batteries) can't really complain if it works I guess I'll have spares? :rotfl

So Fiend, other people that ordered, did Sideshow get back to you guys yet?

Back