HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Da hell? You're serious? I was kidding. I wanna see this done now. MAKE IT HAPPEN!:panic:

Haha yeah I am. The mouth mod was already done courtesy of robbiethepainter. As for the eyes, I'm gonna be honest...it's probably not gonna be successful. The intricacy of the entire PERS design is far beyond my skill and understanding. It doesn't mean I won't attempt it, but don't hold your breath.

Yeah I don't HAVE to make it pers enabled, but I love pers.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Haha yeah I am. The mouth mod was already done courtesy of robbiethepainter. As for the eyes, I'm gonna be honest...it's probably not gonna be successful. The intricacy of the entire PERS design is far beyond my skill and understanding. It doesn't mean I won't attempt it, but don't hold your breath.

Yeah I don't HAVE to make it pers enabled, but I love pers.

Just brainstorming here. I was thinking you don't need the PERS, but, if you wanna keep the PERS intact, try removing the PERS mechanics, along with DX-12's eye socket sculpt.
Next, Carve up BW's eyes area sculpt, and hollow out the eyes. Then, shape it to fit in the cowl (use the cowl's eye sockets area sculpt as template). After that stick those PERS system into your newly sculpted eye sockets, fit everything back in the cowl, BAM! Profit.
Anyway, sounds feasible, albeit really really a lot of hard work. very interesting idea though, could just be the ultimate Batman sculpt.

Just brainstorming here. I was thinking you don't need the PERS, but, if you wanna keep the PERS intact, try removing the PERS mechanics, along with DX-12's eye socket sculpt.
Next, Carve up BW's eyes area sculpt, and hollow out the eyes. Then, shape it to fit in the cowl (use the cowl's eye sockets area sculpt as template). After that stick those PERS system into your newly sculpted eye sockets, fit everything back in the cowl, BAM! Profit.
Anyway, sounds feasible, albeit really really a lot of hard work. very interesting idea though, could just be the ultimate Batman sculpt.

Haha yeah it sounds simple in theory, but my gawd its gonna involve a lot of work and patience.

8219134135_5208244ed2_o.jpg

That's just simply beautiful, Agen.

How the hell did you get him to hold the rifle like that???:slap

I think the angle make the pose look natural. Smart photography.

Got my DX12 a few days ago, and the QC issues struck again - lifted the head off the neck post and the magnetic part stayed put. Not really a problem, as it's easily reglued, but seriously? You don't expect a figure costing this much to fall apart ever, let alone straight out of the box.

In regards to what people are saying about the cape, it ceratinly is an improvement over previous efforts. Once you figure out how the clips attach it does sit nicely on the shoulders without any bunching, and the short pieces of wire do help to create nice lines at the shoulders. However, it's a cheap and nasty material and it drapes about as well as a concrete hippo. Custom cape here we come.

And the face plates suck, but we knew that already

I've never liked the capes for the Bail Batmans, they look more like blankets then capes. Now the Keaton Cape, that's a Batman cape.

The dx 12 body lol
Seriously tho you'll need to sand a neck peg adapter down to fit the majority of hot toys body's, there's a how to on the dx12 modification thread

What body (if any) can take the BW head with no mods?
dont think any will fit. cause not only the plug hole smaller the neck attachments smaller also. but its real easy the spare body u buy , file the neck attachment , put on the BW sculpt .

Amazing Agen!!

You have to understand these are mass produced figures... not custom $1000 jobs. Things are going to fall off here and there on some of the figures.

:goodpost: How much is the knock out? and where is it being sold?

I got mine shipped to France for USD 35 I think. I've seen several knock-offs on eBay, but seriously, if you need one, get the headplay one, it's better than the stock head IMHO!

Others, as those that seem to be mass produced posted a few pages back, seem to suck in comparison.

Okay, so now that a lot of you guys have DX12 in hand, would you recommend selling the DX02 to upgrade to this new Batman? I've been going back and forth with this for about a month.

Okay, so now that a lot of you guys have DX12 in hand, would you recommend selling the DX02 to upgrade to this new Batman? I've been going back and forth with this for about a month.

I don't have a DX02, but if I had one, I would keep it and buy a Blake head to make a custom Nightwing...

Back