HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

The only reason I haven't done this is I don't have the same kind of cutting tool that lforigno has. Anything I would try to do with a scissors or exacto blade would never have the perfectly clean edges his have.
You can go to Micheals or Joann Fabrics or Hobby Lobby use a 40% off coupon you can print out online and buy the circular fabric cutter that looks like a pizza cutter (which I believe is what lance uses but don't quote me :lol) and you'll get a good straight edge that you can't get with regular scissors or and Exacto blade

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I have to learn how to do this. :lecture

Click the link in my signature. The first youtube video on the first page discusses how this is done.

If your scissors are sharp enough, you won't get many rough edges at all. Once you've got it cut out, you can them go and trim 'em up. It's all subjective of course. It can be a hassle to get 'em right, but once you get good at cutting them it's a breeze. Of course, I've cut about 40 of 'em, so I can do it blindfolded by now.

40?! You do commissions?

You can go to Micheals or Joann Fabrics or Hobby Lobby use a 40% off coupon you can print out online and buy the circular fabric cutter that looks like a pizza cutter (which I believe is what lance uses but don't quote me :lol) and you'll get a good straight edge that you can't get with regular scissors or and Exacto blade

Yeah, I think that's the one he uses. I really do like his templates though.

No, I don't do commissions. What happened was I got a ****load of different fabrics one weekend and tried about 7-8 different varieties when the original TDK OC Bats came out, then made a few for the DX-02. Polyester, spandex, 3 different types of velvet, etc. I had actually offered up a few velvet and rayon templates for people on here, but after I got them done, the people who committed mysteriously never got back to me.

So yeah, another reason I don't do commissions. Lesson learned.

Yes, jokes and bats....which cape is that in those great shots??

It's the only thing I'm not digging with this figure...

TDKR-02.jpg

Woops!! I misunderstood your question, you need the ring that goes around Bruce head is part of the suit, if you don't put it on it looks bad and the neck conection to the body shows. sorry for the error Dude, my bad :slap

Okay. Thanks. I was thinking of buying this and the dx12 stand but maybe I'll wait and see if I can afford the dx12 at some point..

Yeah. I guess I was just caught in the moment of it being a good deal to realize that I was too good to be true. Hope you can get one soon bro. Only if you lived in Austin, Tx. They have a DX12 at my LCS.

Hey, local buddy. Did u go to ABC and see if they got more in stock?? Cuz the owner Brad emailed me and said he's gonna gimme a new one defect-free cuz my cod piece got a stretch mark on the rubber and the armor on his lower back that looks like a tail is glued/sewn all crooked.

So Hot Toys are pretty accurate after all. :lol

Nice find there.

Okay. Thanks. I was thinking of buying this and the dx12 stand but maybe I'll wait and see if I can afford the dx12 at some point..

they have the bw head for 39.00 from headplay on ebay it looks the same as the hot toys one and the ring for the neck is about 10.00 to 15.00dlls.
The dx12 stand I have seen it for low as 15.00 also on ebay. Good luck.
Sorry I call you Dude :wave

Last edited:

I'd love a Batman figure to represent my love of the Nolan trilogy and TDKR in particular but I fear that I'm just not up to the TLC/mods that this DX will require to really shine. I think I'll go with Catwoman instead and she's TDKR-specific anyway.

I'd love a Batman figure to represent my love of the Nolan trilogy and TDKR in particular but I fear that I'm just not up to the TLC/mods that this DX will require to really shine. I think I'll go with Catwoman instead and she's TDKR-specific anyway.

It doesn't need the mods to be good. I only added a custom cape and was thrilled with the figure. I did end up doing the neck mod, but that's minimal. Yes, Maglor's figure is amazing, but the stock figure is an excellent representation of the suit.

It doesn't need the mods to be good. I only added a custom cape and was thrilled with the figure. I did end up doing the neck mod, but that's minimal. Yes, Maglor's figure is amazing, but the stock figure is an excellent representation of the suit.

Yeah, I think the neck and cape mods would be enough to make this shine.
Besides, take a look at this:

This is early, early stuff. Everything is stock and unmodified. Very little time taken to futz and pose:

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

Anyone have a DX12 for trade??? I have a DX T-800 and other items.

Yes, jokes and bats....which cape is that in those great shots??

It's the only thing I'm not digging with this figure...

TDKR-02.jpg

The stock cape can look much better than that...

:lol

So Hot Toys are pretty accurate after all. :lol

Nice find there.

Actually, I even modified the straps that are under the chest armor. For some reason they are ridiculously long on the stock figure.

02.jpg

They get all bunched up like that from stuffing in the custom cape, so I just cut them off. :D

Yeah, I think the neck and cape mods would be enough to make this shine.
Besides, take a look at this:

Yep. Unmodified, the figure can still look great.

Pretty damn impresive mods Maglor i may try some but not as brave as some mods...Cant wait hopefully this week the bat arrives for me....

Last edited:

Yeahp! Will help ease out the need for a cowl before the EX Catwoman arrives.
Well, that is if you don't fancy paying for the custom made one.

Back