HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Man all these pics, I can't wait til BBTS send mine. I just bought a Red Skull on impulse cuz I found a decent deal, but I have a feeling I should've waited... it's gonna be a crazy couple weeks with the DX12, Naked Snake and Captain America dropping at pretty much the same time.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Will the DX12 Bale head fit on the DX02? What's the problem if you don't get the head with the black ring?

Don't get it with the black plug. it wont fit the dx body, you need to put a modified regular hot toys head adapter , look at maglors instructions on how to do the mod so you can put it on the dx2, or if you put it on the dx2 without the black neck :waveplug it will fit but comes off easily

DX = Deluxe = put a few more things with the figure, make his / her eyes move (not been a female DX yet) and put £40-£60 on the price.

Will the DX12 Bale head fit on the DX02? What's the problem if you don't get the head with the black ring?

Woops!! I misunderstood your question, you need the ring that goes around Bruce head is part of the suit, if you don't put it on it looks bad and the neck conection to the body shows. sorry for the error Dude, my bad :slap

So I think I got one with the wonky eyes. What are my options guys?

put some glasses on him, won't solve the problem but batman will look cool

DX = Deluxe = put a few more things with the figure, make his / her eyes move (not been a female DX yet) and put £40-£60 on the price.

Wow, I hadn't even thought of that fact...
Wonder when/if/who will be the first.

I do. But it's just minor on my part which doesn't bother me as much. Is yours bad???

Well I have DX12 each one with tiny issues, my best one has tiny scratches on each shoulder blade, one or two and of course one on the shoulder pad. I've inspected 5 bodies and all have small cosmetic issues. Just can't expect perfection with these toys. Always going to have small QC issues. Anyone else?

I've been thinking about that..does anyone know where I can get the hero template?

Unless you're absolutely obsessive about accuracy, and I don't know how inaccurate the HT cape's template is compared to the "hero" template, just lay the HT cape on top of the fabric you're going to use and cut around it. Like a stencil or whatnot. People pay far too much for things they could easily do themselves for 1/4 the cost and much less time.

Yes, I'm absolutely crazy about accuracy on the cape.
Exactly why I'm doing the mod in the first place. :lol

So I think I got one with the wonky eyes. What are my options guys?

If you have pictures documenting that the eyes are definitely wonky you could try and get a replacement.

Otherwise you could do what I did and dismantle the PERS and just pose them independently.

Unless you're absolutely obsessive about accuracy, and I don't know how inaccurate the HT cape's template is compared to the "hero" template, just lay the HT cape on top of the fabric you're going to use and cut around it. Like a stencil or whatnot. People pay far too much for things they could easily do themselves for 1/4 the cost and much less time.

The only reason I haven't done this is I don't have the same kind of cutting tool that lforigno has. Anything I would try to do with a scissors or exacto blade would never have the perfectly clean edges his have.

If you have pictures documenting that the eyes are definitely wonky you could try and get a replacement.

Otherwise you could do what I did and dismantle the PERS and just pose them independently.

I have to learn how to do this. :lecture

The only reason I haven't done this is I don't have the same kind of cutting tool that lforigno has. Anything I would try to do with a scissors or exacto blade would never have the perfectly clean edges his have.

If your scissors are sharp enough, you won't get many rough edges at all. Once you've got it cut out, you can them go and trim 'em up. It's all subjective of course. It can be a hassle to get 'em right, but once you get good at cutting them it's a breeze. Of course, I've cut about 40 of 'em, so I can do it blindfolded by now.

Back