HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

This is the first picture of the Medi head on this figure that I sorta like. I don't like it as well as the modded DX12 head though.

The gauntlets are very pliable when heated, so I'm going to widen the opening by the wrist and mod some gauntlets to fig in there.

I don't follow...

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

This is the first picture of the Medi head on this figure that I sorta like. I don't like it as well as the modded DX12 head though.

I don't follow...

If you put the gauntlet in hot water for a few seconds you can bend and stretch the rubber. I stretched the rubber at the gauntlet opening so that it will sit slightly over the edge of the gloves (when they are modded to remove the strap).

Very tired, will post pics to explain when I've done the mod.

I put the medi head next to the Dx head. No contest; Dx head looks like a toy by comparison, even after painting the eyelids. Problem is I'm now left with the DX head on my medi figure. Looks like the Beetlejuice after he pissed off the headshrinker.

If you put the gauntlet in hot water for a few seconds you can bend and stretch the rubber. I stretched the rubber at the gauntlet opening so that it will sit slightly over the edge of the gloves (when they are modded to remove the strap).

Very tired, will post pics to explain when I've done the mod.

I put the medi head next to the Dx head. No contest; Dx head looks like a toy by comparison, even after painting the eyelids. Problem is I'm now left with the DX head on my medi figure. Looks like the Beetlejuice after he pissed off the headshrinker.

Looking forward to the pics!

Painted the eyelids.

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4477-1.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_4477crop.jpg

That's the figure we should have gotten. Just shows how great the DX 02 mouth sculpts were/are. Not sure how or why they went backwards.

Not about to carve up my DX 02 faces though. **** that.

Nice pics. THe eyes look great. There's something about the Medi mouth that bugs me though...

It's not as good as Enterbay's. That's the only problem with it if you ask me :lol

Still need someone to shrink EB mouths:monkey3

Nice pics. THe eyes look great. There's something about the Medi mouth that bugs me though...

If I could photograph as well as you, you'd see how good it looks in hand :wink1:
That figure looks like is real person, you guys are taking this figure to a new level. Congrats, very impressive :clap
Thanks :) this is as far as I'm going I think though, nothing more needs to be done to this figure for me. Only thing I will add is if CREG offers mouthpieces and not just entire cowls. Can't have enough expressions for this figure.

It's not as good as Enterbay's. That's the only problem with it if you ask me :lol

Still need someone to shrink EB mouths:monkey3

I would rather someone cast the DX02 mouth for the DX12 head as Maglor has done on his beautiful Figure.
I never thought anything beyond an eyelid repaint was needed, his pictures (and others) confirm it for me.

I also agree that the Medi (?) mouth plate on Gippetto's figure looks off, the sculpt looks swollen and the paint job makes Batman look like a burn victim.
That being said Gippetto's eyes mod looks terrific.

Even Maglor will tell you that the DX02 faces have NOTHING on the EB ones :lecture

One of my mouth pieces are uneven. One cheek sticks out more than the other.

-_-

Why can't this thing be perfect out the box?

Yeah, no faceplates HT has put out to date can even touch the Enterbay ones. I've never seen more realistic work.

Gipetto: Great work on the eyes and getting the Medi mouth in there...there's just something about it that seems off. I don't know if it's the shape or what, but it does look very "puffy" and just doesn't seem to fit the head right. If you're happy with it, though, that's really all that matters.

Yeah, no faceplates HT has put out to date can even touch the Enterbay ones. I've never seen more realistic work.

Gipetto: Great work on the eyes and getting the Medi mouth in there...there's just something about it that seems off. I don't know if it's the shape or what, but it does look very "puffy" and just doesn't seem to fit the head right. If you're happy with it, though, that's really all that matters.

My thoughts aswell, the chin also seems too big.

IMG_4477-1.jpg

So in this picture, only the eyelids been painted black? No sculpting mod?

Edit: Sorry, found the answer.

Here are some quick pics from today of my extra DX 12 body and cowl with leftover parts from my main DX 12. Had it out today with my tweaked tyco tumbler for my friends to check out on thanksgiving!

image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

Painted eyelids makes it look a little better. How easy was it to take out the eyes?

That's the figure we should have gotten. Just shows how great the DX 02 mouth sculpts were/are. Not sure how or why they went backwards.

Not about to carve up my DX 02 faces though. **** that.

Buy another set of DX02 faces and carve those up.

I mean, if what I showed is the figure you want, why not make it happen? Don't you have more than one DX02? Could you keep one stock and cannibalize the other and then sell off parts? I bet you'd come out pretty good and have a figure you love.

The DX12 suit is so awesome that it's worth considering. :duff

Even Maglor will tell you that the DX02 faces have NOTHING on the EB ones :lecture

Yeah, I'll agree with that. Only problem is that the Enterbay mouths are for a very different cowl. So even if you could shrink them down they wouldn't fit.

IMG_4477-1.jpg

So in this picture, only the eyelids been painted black? No sculpting mod?

Edit: Sorry, found the answer.

Just want to restate that I laid the paint in pretty thick along the eyelid edge to close the eyes a tiny bit. But again, it's just paint.

Here are some quick pics from today of my extra DX 12 body and cowl with leftover parts from my main DX 12. Had it out today with my tweaked tyco tumbler for my friends to check out on thanksgiving!

image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

Kick ass! What cape it that? :rock

Looks like the medi cape, I could be wrong though.

Check out this in depth thread mate, made by Maglor.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5067255#post5067255

So far the QC issues are :

- Neck socket not sitting in properly
- Chest armor sculpt has bumps
- Arms breaking
- PERS cross eyed

Anyone else have any other problems?

I haven't really looked into this thread often and surprisingly we have too many QC issues for a hot toys figure:slap
Are the problem number 3 & 4 common QC issues or only few people suffers from it?
any explanation will be greatly appreciated:hi5:

Thanks! And yes it is the medi cape, it looks even better in person when futzed right. I'm extremely happy with it!

**also if anyone is in need of dx12 parts I have basically everything except the cowl and the suit with boots on eBay. I basically had 2 dx12 and wanted to be able to make an interrogation scene or something with bane when they come out but also have a main one on display by itself. My ebay name is tnay21.

Last edited:
Back