HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Seems to be a common problem with the dx12, and it always is the right arm, and you are right you should get a new figure from the seller, when you get it be careful, especially when moving the arms backwards. Its a good figure, the best Nolan bats so far but fragile.
Hope you get your figure soon :)

I had read of the arms breaking. I was really worried about everything that could go wrong. Of course, with perfect PERS, and good stitching, it had to be a bad arm lol. Hopefully the replacement I get, has PERS as good as the headsculpt I initially received.

The funny thing is, I wasn't even moving the arm backwards, it just looked a little limp right out of the package, and as soon as I moved it forward one click...BAM the inner shoulder pretty much disintegrated.

Sucks to have a figure break on Thanksgiving, but luckily there are more important things to be thankful for.

Cheers fellas. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday. Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I'm surprised about how little the articulation on the legs are compared to earlier rubber versions. I think at the most I can move the legs forward 15 or 20 degrees; movement sideways is a little better. The material is so tight on the legs that articulation is very restricted. The shoulder pads also restrict movement and you gotta be careful moving and posing the arms.
Aside from the limited posing, this is by far THE best looking batman I've got. The proportions looks so natural I can't stop looking at it. Right now I don't have the cape on yet and it just looks awesome.

I'm surprised about how little the articulation on the legs are compared to earlier rubber versions. I think at the most I can move the legs forward 15 or 20 degrees; movement sideways is a little better. The material is so tight on the legs that articulation is very restricted. The shoulder pads also restrict movement and you gotta be careful moving and posing the arms.
Aside from the limited posing, this is by far THE best looking batman I've got. The proportions looks so natural I can't stop looking at it. Right now I don't have the cape on yet and it just looks awesome.

You are correct, way better articulation a posing with the dx02, I have my bats trained to do extreme poses,HT made a mistake when it did the suit one piece , it should have been a two piece suit, the top part separated brom the bottom, just like the dx02, to improve posing I separated the top part from the bottom on the dx02, that way it improves movement all around.

Damn.
One big reason for me to take the plunge with this was that I thought it would have much better articulation...

check page 892 of this thread, I posted some pics of my dx02 in extreme poses, do not try to do this with your dx02, like I say I trained mine for some time before doing this. When I say trained it means that I over time stretch the figure little by little so the rubber suit became more flexible. my dx02 has no rips or tears of any kind, also also I use a product called space protectant on the figure every two months and keep it away from direct sunlight.

Damn.
One big reason for me to take the plunge with this was that I thought it would have much better articulation...

It's half true I think. Well the legs have those extra TTM thigh pads which make it hard to move the legs since the fabric doesn't stretch. If the fabric stretched the rubber padding would rip off pretty easily since I think it's ironed/melted on.

The articulation is great. My figure came with absolutely no defects. (thank god). I think these broken arm sockets are a defect with a small batch of the figures. I wouldn't judge the figure based on that. I have owned over 30 hot toys and this figure is easily one of
My favorites when it comes to articulation. I will def be hyper vigilante with the figures arm sockets here on out just to be safe.

Finally posting pics with Lforigno cape.
u4a8e8at.jpg
equhejub.jpg
ytara4y5.jpg

Seems to be a common problem with the dx12, and it always is the right arm, and you are right you should get a new figure from the seller, when you get it be careful, especially when moving the arms backwards. Its a good figure, the best Nolan bats so far but fragile.
Hope you get your figure soon :)

I don't know why he would be any more fragile than any other figure. The True Type under the suit should be the same as any other True Type. :dunno

Awesome! :rock

^^^DX12 head on a Medix?

I don't know why he would be any more fragile than any other figure. The True Type under the suit should be the same as any other True Type. :dunno

Awesome! :rock

the difference is probably in the type of plastic used or is composition, were I work we assemble thermo nozzles for hair dryers, they are made of heat resistant nylon, they are pliable and very resistant to heat , but from time to time we receive some that are brittle, and thats because they missed on the plasticicers, those ere compound they add to make the plastic bendable, or the used a different type of nylon. We take care that when we receive a new batch of parts they get check for heat resistance and brittleness. It seems odd to me that there have been several reports of the arms breaking from the peg that holds them in, not the arm itself. It could be also a design flaw because if I remember correctly all reports are of the right arm coming of from the socket, either way I don't go more than 3 clicks of movement on each arm going up or down and I make sure that I push the shoulder in a little bit when moving it up or down. Better be safe than sorry

For those that painted the eyelids, did you guys paint the whole eyelid or only the pink area?

I painted the whole eyelid.

Back