Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im very close to pulling the trigger on ebay and pay the early release price, but at this point I'm not sure if I should, since its almost March now :panic:

No don't it's not worth it, the only reason I did is because I already paid a deposit months ago :(

It is not worth $400, but it is a good set though. :wink1:

Be patient and save some money... Unless you got some to burn?

:exactly:

DSC_0323.jpg

A little fight in you...

Ok I have good news for those who want to use the shoes but do not want to buy the body.

All u have to do to make the normal DX01 pegs fit in the shoes, is use a hair drier to soften the shoes and once they are soften the shoes will fit.

Hope this helps those who do not plan on buying the Joker body especially you cr0w!

:wink1:

Ok I have good news for those who want to use the shoes but do not want to buy the body.

All u have to do to make the normal DX01 pegs fit in the shoes, is use a hair drier to soften the shoes and once they are soften the shoes will fit.

Hope this helps those who do not plan on buying the Joker body especially you cr0w!

:wink1:

damn, wish i knew that earlier, i just used a drill to open the holes up a little bit, they snap in, not heaps solid but solid enough for holding a pose and standing up.

damn, wish i knew that earlier, i just used a drill to open the holes up a little bit, they snap in, not heaps solid but solid enough for holding a pose and standing up.

Sorry about that, I did not think it could be done either because the holes were so small and I hate doing non-reversible mods but I thought screw it I will give it a go. I am not sure what your shoes are like but the pegs in the shoes are very tight in mine now and near impossible to take out of the shoes. :rolleyes2

Be patient and save some money... Unless you got some to burn?

No don't it's not worth it, the only reason I did is because I already paid a deposit months ago :(

It is not worth $400, but it is a good set though. :wink1:

:exactly:

That's insane.

Don't do it Mike. Unless you're rich or very well off or something.

Ok, thanks for the encouragement fellas :grouphug

No, i dont have $ to burn, thats why i can hold off on getting it till now, Though it feels like its been a long wait already since this is 1 of my most anticipated release. :gah:

Come on, Sideshow:impatient:

been on the exclusive version item page on the SS website and it says that they are 'checking the inventory for the status of this item' what does that mean ?? hopefully not another delay !!!

we'll start seeing charging notices from ssc by friday or else start of next week. hopefully shipping not far behind. i hope they have learned from the last few releases not to charge before it's in the warehouse.

oh great !! one time i wanted this to be in March and surprise its early !! what a pisser that is ....oh well the continuing cycle of credit card meltage continues !!!!

Sorry about that, I did not think it could be done either because the holes were so small and I hate doing non-reversible mods but I thought screw it I will give it a go. I am not sure what your shoes are like but the pegs in the shoes are very tight in mine now and near impossible to take out of the shoes. :rolleyes2

not to worry a bit of black silicon with some mineral turps lightly coating the ball join in the shoe should make it quite a good fit and still be able to pop it in and out, the mineral turps will stop the silicon from sticking to the ball join

Just need to mask up the shoe and be damn careful applying it

:hi5:
Oh is it? :slap

Do you realize how stupid I feel now, since I own the dam set and I still have no idea what it looks like because I can not be bothered to set it up now. :lol

So you are putting on all this upper clothing on the DX01 body? So everything so far fits fine? What upper clothing are you missing now?

Yeah, the DX01 body. Everything fits fine, no problems. I'm only missing the shirt and vest, though they're not a big deal. I prefer the color of the DX01 vest, and since it's the same material as the DX11 vest apparently, it's not an appreciable upgrade. I'll probably spring for the shirt eventually if the collar bothers me enough.

been on the exclusive version item page on the SS website and it says that they are 'checking the inventory for the status of this item' what does that mean ?? hopefully not another delay !!!

It has been doing that on and off for the last month. Probably just a glitch. I wouldn't read too much into it at this point. We know we will have good news when it hits backorder status.

:hi5:

Yeah, the DX01 body. Everything fits fine, no problems. I'm only missing the shirt and vest, though they're not a big deal. I prefer the color of the DX01 vest, and since it's the same material as the DX11 vest apparently, it's not an appreciable upgrade. I'll probably spring for the shirt eventually if the collar bothers me enough.

Ok you going to get the shoes, since you no longer have to change the body anymore?

I agree the only difference between the DX11 and DX01 vest is the color, the material is still not correct like Katos, so not worth changing IMO.

Hmm the shirt might not fit the DX01 because apparently the DX01` waist is too big according to Kato. So that is why he told people not to put his hand made clothes on the DX01 and I am guessing since the shirt is even tighter on the DX11 body that it won't fit the DX01 one either. :dunno

It might not. Honestly the shoes just....I don't like anything about the way they look. I'm biased against "real" shoes on my figures. I just prefer the detail in the sculpted ones. I tried real boots on a couple of my GI Joe figures and hated the way they looked with a passion. They stick out like a sore thumb to me.

It might not. Honestly the shoes just....I don't like anything about the way they look. I'm biased against "real" shoes on my figures. I just prefer the detail in the sculpted ones. I tried real boots on a couple of my GI Joe figures and hated the way they looked with a passion. They stick out like a sore thumb to me.

I think it's brilliant the way you have piece by piece upgraded to most of the 2.0 stuff whilst saying you won't get the coat or the vest or whatever..

:lol

..but seriously, the shoes are absolutely awesome, best part of the set. Dirty them a tiny bit and they look real.
:monkey3

You know you want them really?
:duff

Back