Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aitmjwb.jpg

aNd I ThouGht mY jOkes wEre bAd

Going with this pose/angle for sure.

as requested by darkavatar--well not the first pic but thought it looked good, so...

jokermcuweatheredsuit_zps384c3c9d.jpg

jokermcuweatheredsuitshoes_zpsaae42cca.jpg

and as for the adam vs HT debate:
i respect the opinion preferring the yulli sculpt but i dont know that you can say adam didnt show a range of variety in his ledger/joker sculpts. albeit subtle, as in the one i have pictured here, there is a definite expression going on and it is almost an exact mirror of a promotional image from the mcu interrogation with joker at the table and bats standing behind him. there have also been a whole load of other expressions done by adam that range from maniacal laughing to 'almost' neutral looks but they all have character held in their features. there were some shots of rows of sculpts he had done which were posted in various threads--and i dont know where almost any of them ended up or if they just went into adam's teeming trashcan like so many uncanny sculpts that dont make his grade. but for sure, the PERS does lend a more obvious ability to alter the look. i am not really such a PERS fan tho. but i do look forward to receiving the full 2.0dx set when it is released and will likely keep the PERS HS to tinker with--though i havent yet decided how.
as far as the clothing: i agree the dx shirt is better tailored, and the tie is more saturated and skinnier--which i believe is actually more accurate, for those that are into that sort of thing. the pants are fine tho the color is slightly different and the pinistripes are thinner and also a different color--though almost imperceptibly. the stitching is probably the largest change as far as quality but you cant really compete with handmade customs in that department.
@darkavatar: i do have to disagree about the kato custom shirt, or shirts--i should say--as there were two different versions. the darker one is the one i prefer but i dont think that either really nail the movie versions. granted, the shirt is probably the hardest part to replicate and, depending on scene, were actually different shirts but i dont think that anyone has done them correctly in miniaturized scale. the closest, i would say, is the EB 4th scale.
also, the chain on the new dx pants is different to the custom versions--of which i have 3, all different: one a short silver, one a short gold and the last, a long gold--my favorite and most accurate of the bunch. the HT version actually has better length than the two shorter custom versions but is not as good as the long one. also the link isnt up to par with the custom chains. but you cant win all the time.
also, since i'm being picky: the pants--on both versions--could have been baggier; possibly somewhere between the EB and kato/HT versions. but again, this isnt something i really lament or anything like that.
overall, the kato suit--any version--is outstanding and a real gift to sixth scale collectors.

i'm glad you guys like the weathering job i did on that kato set; was my first 'weathering' attempt and i dare say the new kato joker set i am currently working on is better and more accurate. you'd be surprised by just how much dirt was actually covering the maniac. thought i had gone overboard on my first attempt--and in some ways i did--but i realized there is actually more grime than i applied, just in a much larger variation of thickness.

That's a lot to digest. My thing about these custom sculpts I've been seeing is that they either look neutral or angry like the one above whereas in the movie, the Joker is always making faces and never looking serious, including the interrogation scene you mentioned. The only time I recall seeing anything close to anger was during the final confrontation with Batman.

That's a lot to digest. My thing about these custom sculpts I've been seeing is that they either look neutral or angry like the one above whereas in the movie, the Joker is always making faces and never looking serious, including the interrogation scene you mentioned. The only time I recall seeing anything close to anger was during the final confrontation with Batman.

Think there are some more aggressive Joker sequences, like the "hit me" scene:

220px-The_Dark_Knight_(2008)_-_Hit_Me!.jpg

Source: https://batman.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:JoePlay/The_Dark_Night_Rises_Starter_Guide

(...)
Imaresqd1's HIT ME HS with dx clothes

hhit.jpg

I think making a headsculpt can actually only go into two directions, you can make in scene specific or kind of natural. But this is where PERS comes into the game, and why I kind of love it because changing the eyes position can change a lot of the expression. Combined with the DX11's anyhow slightly aggressive expression, it gives a lot of options:

(...)
6964.jpg

TA DAAA!
(...)

Even though I really like Adams customs, I share the opinion that this looks mindblowing in quality... but still a little deadpan:

(...)
jokerwhysoserious_zps20c75536.jpg

(...)

Saw this picture some days ago and even though I prefered Adams custom before, I really prefer Bobby C's from this image now and I think it's also almost only about the slightly different angle of the eyes:

BobbyC joker headsculpt

zaza.jpg

(...)

yeah, sorry guys, that was a bit of a monologue. ive never had a bobby in hand, so i cant really say for certain if one is better than the other. i love neo's interrogation bobby tho and if i were to get one i'd definitely go with the mcu look. one thing i have noticed tho is that it seems to me the neck of bobby's joker might be limiting in terms of posing. i'd be really into seeing some of his later ones, havent seen new pics of a bobby sculpt in a long time. would like to get my hands on one if i get the chance.

as requested by darkavatar--well not the first pic but thought it looked good, so...

and as for the adam vs HT debate:
i respect the opinion preferring the yulli sculpt but i dont know that you can say adam didnt show a range of variety in his ledger/joker sculpts. albeit subtle, as in the one i have pictured here, there is a definite expression going on and it is almost an exact mirror of a promotional image from the mcu interrogation with joker at the table and bats standing behind him. there have also been a whole load of other expressions done by adam that range from maniacal laughing to 'almost' neutral looks but they all have character held in their features. there were some shots of rows of sculpts he had done which were posted in various threads--and i dont know where almost any of them ended up or if they just went into adam's teeming trashcan like so many uncanny sculpts that dont make his grade. but for sure, the PERS does lend a more obvious ability to alter the look. i am not really such a PERS fan tho. but i do look forward to receiving the full 2.0dx set when it is released and will likely keep the PERS HS to tinker with--though i havent yet decided how.
as far as the clothing: i agree the dx shirt is better tailored, and the tie is more saturated and skinnier--which i believe is actually more accurate, for those that are into that sort of thing. the pants are fine tho the color is slightly different and the pinistripes are thinner and also a different color--though almost imperceptibly. the stitching is probably the largest change as far as quality but you cant really compete with handmade customs in that department.
@darkavatar: i do have to disagree about the kato custom shirt, or shirts--i should say--as there were two different versions. the darker one is the one i prefer but i dont think that either really nail the movie versions. granted, the shirt is probably the hardest part to replicate and, depending on scene, were actually different shirts but i dont think that anyone has done them correctly in miniaturized scale. the closest, i would say, is the EB 4th scale.
also, the chain on the new dx pants is different to the custom versions--of which i have 3, all different: one a short silver, one a short gold and the last, a long gold--my favorite and most accurate of the bunch. the HT version actually has better length than the two shorter custom versions but is not as good as the long one. also the link isnt up to par with the custom chains. but you cant win all the time.
also, since i'm being picky: the pants--on both versions--could have been baggier; possibly somewhere between the EB and kato/HT versions. but again, this isnt something i really lament or anything like that.
overall, the kato suit--any version--is outstanding and a real gift to sixth scale collectors.

i'm glad you guys like the weathering job i did on that kato set; was my first 'weathering' attempt and i dare say the new kato joker set i am currently working on is better and more accurate. you'd be surprised by just how much dirt was actually covering the maniac. thought i had gone overboard on my first attempt--and in some ways i did--but i realized there is actually more grime than i applied, just in a much larger variation of thickness.

Wow what a mouth full, looks like you wanted to out do me on the depth department, since I said you only gave a brief description. :lol

yeah, sorry guys, that was a bit of a monologue. ive never had a bobby in hand, so i cant really say for certain if one is better than the other. i love neo's interrogation bobby tho and if i were to get one i'd definitely go with the mcu look.

:exactly:

I totally agree, neos one is the best Bobby IMO.

:1-1:

I would agree with that, I wanted people to correct me or go into my depth about stuff I have missed. :wink1:

haha yeah sorry about the length there, just got sort of carried away.
also forgot to mention that the job neo did on the pattern for the custom shirt was really great.

Back