Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome T! love the repaint man :yess:

Thanks man, appreciated! :duff

One more:

100_7744_zps97836259.jpg

It's so much easier for me to dink and dunk and buy little pieces here and there and fit $20-$30 from my budget into it than to pay the full price in one lump sum. My wife and I get paid weekly so it's just so much easier to do one small piece here and there. I consider it a more spread-out version of FlexPay. :lol

Besides, the most expensive parts, the head and coat, weren't exactly paid for out of pocket since I just sold something and put those funds directly toward them. The only out of pocket expenses are the smaller pieces, so it's a lot easier. I kind of have to do that with figures now since I took a huge pay cut this past year after losing my job at NASA and damn near losing my wife to a sudden illness. It may be more expensive in the long run, but it's easier to spread it out and piece it together.

k. well here are the last ones i put up: pretty much done with the workup. still need to weather the shoes more and do the suspenders mod. as previously stated: the body; shirt; tie; shoes; gloves are 2.0. the rest is custom. and the socks are dx01.
jokercustomwip00_zpsb3f3dc7e.jpg

This is just an insanely great Joker figure! The weathering looks fantastic, and that sculpt - the intensity of expression reminds me of the mob/kitchen scene "I'm not crazy. I'm not...", with the little eye twitch. That's maybe the only nitpick, the Joker didn't look that intense throughout the movie, it's one of the few times someone actually got under his skin, so it's almost scene specific. But I love this Joker.

I will also love the HT Joker 2.0, when it finally arrives!

It's so much easier for me to dink and dunk and buy little pieces here and there and fit $20-$30 from my budget into it than to pay the full price in one lump sum. My wife and I get paid weekly so it's just so much easier to do one small piece here and there. I consider it a more spread-out version of FlexPay. :lol

Besides, the most expensive parts, the head and coat, weren't exactly paid for out of pocket since I just sold something and put those funds directly toward them. The only out of pocket expenses are the smaller pieces, so it's a lot easier. I kind of have to do that with figures now since I took a huge pay cut this past year after losing my job at NASA and damn near losing my wife to a sudden illness. It may be more expensive in the long run, but it's easier to spread it out and piece it together.

Sorry to hear that cr0w, I now understand why you are doing what you are doing. I know you probably do not want to wait for the full figure now so you feel it is easier to get the parts and make most of the figure in the end right?

Pretty much. I already had the body and the base for him and really only cared about the purple suited Joker, so it's far easier to just pick and choose the parts a little at a time than drop the full lump sum, though that would have been quicker. I like the original vest and pants better anyway, so rather than be stuck with a bunch of stuff I won't use and am too lazy to sell off, I'm just grabbing a little at a time.

Though now I have so many parts left over from the DX01 and 02 that I could probably make my money back and then some.

It's always cool to see what people can do with this stuff. I sometimes feel like the stock stuff can't be beat, when it comes to some releases, but then, somebody does it even better. My two favorites, so far, are probably your DX 11 repaint and Rorywan's "museum" paint up for the Nicholson Joker.

IMG_20130209_102816_351_zpsca2ab085.jpg

IMG_20130209_102718_178_zps28f2fb2f.jpg

IMG_20130209_102728_125_zps28e1c0df.jpg

IMG_20130209_102806_136_zps4b6a71a2.jpg

IMG_20130209_102836_932_zpsc7283ef0.jpg

IMG_20130209_102827_990_zps17fa7abb.jpg

Waiting on the 2.0 tie and inner jacket, then I'll have to decide if I can live without the shirt or not.

This looks fantastic, as well, cr0w. Did you repaint yours at all, or is this stock? I know you said that the "smeared" make-up kind of bugged you, and it looks kind of faded, now.

Yeah, it looks really great. I think I love all of these cleaner paint-ups so much because they seem to better capture the moments in the film when Ledger actually has that expression. The first thing that pops into my mind when I see that half-smirk is the Dent fundraiser, and when Joker was holding his shrimp skewer or what have you. HT absolutely nailed it from those scenes, but his make-up was much more pristine in those moments. That being said, on a mass scale, I like the fact that they did idealize the paint a bit, though, because it makes it more versatile (it looks more convincing in the interrogation set-up than if it were cleaner).

Yeah, that particular scene is what really leaps out at me when I see the sculpt along with the post-"Hit me" scene where he's skipping down the road tossing his knife back and forth between his hands after Batman crashes.

Crow. Sorry to hear about your bad news but glad your wife is ok. I took a huge pay cut a few years ago and thought I'd never be able to afford these figures. I had to sell off a lot of stuff to make ends meet. Things have gotten much better for both me and my wife as far as work goes. I hope your situation improves and you guys have a better year. It was a long time coming but we finally after about 4 years were able to hold our heads above water. It will get better. Just keep putting yourself out there and it will happen.

Oh yeah and I love the repaint too.

Back