Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dk08hl0017qp9.jpg

joker_colors.jpg
jokermod3.png

Maybe it's my monitor/eyes :lol but I don't see ANY red, not even a hint, in the overcoat lining. The blazer has a hint of red.. but to me, not the overcoat. So iunno. I agree my mod isn't perfect but it's a mod, so obviously real fabric (instead of re-colored red) will look better.

I Agree with you.you really have an eye for details:lol

Maybe it's my monitor/eyes :lol but I don't see ANY red, not even a hint, in the overcoat lining. The blazer has a hint of red.. but to me, not the overcoat. So iunno. I agree my mod isn't perfect but it's a mod, so obviously real fabric (instead of re-colored red) will look better.

I think the color should be between the two images above. One's too orange, the other still too red, somewhere in between would be perfect in my opinion.

so folks, who has the best preorder price and fastest when it comes to getting them in stock...i don't have much luck with preordering anything, usually get stuff WAY LATE...

M.

Yep was just about to say that, the correct color is inbetween those two pics :p It's still more of a red tinge than plain orange, trust me, check it out, don't know why i didn't think to do this before LOL. See, on a color chart, it's much more a red variant, just a drawn out shade, where most other parts of the coat, lend to an even more drawn out (and browned out) red. But go into the orange and it's way off. I took that eyedrop from the predominant part of the inner jacket lining, but it doesnt change much elsewhere, just goes browner. Which reminds me, of what the color reminds me of - dried blood. On a cloth or shirt or something, how it goes a faded brown color. Maybe that's why the joker made his lining that color? lol, sadistic

Jacketliningcolor.jpg

Yep was just about to say that, the correct color is inbetween those two pics :p It's still more of a red tinge than plain orange, trust me, check it out, don't know why i didn't think to do this before LOL. See, on a color chart, it's much more a red variant, just a drawn out shade, where most other parts of the coat, lend to an even more drawn out (and browned out) red. But go into the orange and it's way off.

Jacketliningcolor.jpg

No one has ever done this before, and with good reason fam: It's flawed. The color you're seeing in the "color picker" is from a single space on that coat i.e. take a pure white coat with a single black dot on it, and use the "color picker" on the black dot. It'll show up as black, but you KNOW that's not the color of the coat. There's so many different shades in that picture that you'll get random results if you choose from a variety of areas on the liner. The "color picker" is purely the CPU's guess-timate. It's not accurate in the least blakus939.

Haha that looks freakin wicked dude :D Imagine if they made it like that, with the actual color flick to it. It IS deluxe, they SHOULD be :D
EDIT - It's a 99 percent accurate way to gauge color man, just not overall tone, what i was getting at, was just that it is a red variant ;) I know it's not holeproof, but wherever you go on the red ( or lining :p), it's never an orange tone in the slightest

Yeah or course :p It doesnt sound seedy.............does it? :D Nah, i collect militaria and was selling an american M1 helmet my cousin found in Holland, just made a folder to put the pics in so they'd be easily accessible. And just kept uploading stuff in there :) HAHA lucky it was just THAT folder :p I remember this massive thread where some dude on another forum posted up his fantabulous desktop wallpaper screenshot that was a solar or lunar eclipse picture, and he FORGOT, that his folder 'shemale vids' was in plain view lol. He never returned to the forum but it was posted worldwide, and people stopping off from everywhere to comment........you know the ones, massive internet ownage :D

none of you seem to get ther problem. You're trying to replicate a fabric that is clearly a 'reflective/shiny almost pearlescent/changes with angle' red-yellow-orange fabric that is desaturated.

Simply showing a flat one-tone fabric as red or oranger will not get anywhere close, nor will it ever look the same.

The Orange pic that someone did above was far too orange/gold, MaulFan's was closer, had more red in it... and that colour picker did indeed get a close colour. If you could get a slightly darker version of that colour onto a shiny fabric with a bit more red in it (to compensate for scale & fabric) then you'd be about as close as you're going to get.

The most important thing for me is that the coat looks purple. And not almost-black like some people clearly had with the V1. A grey-blue inner jacket would be nice too, and not a grey-purple one.

Anything else I can live with. It's still a pretty damn amazing figure whichever way you look at it. I just can't wait to get it here so I can tinker.... you *know* I have to tinker with everything, right? lol

True, but it CAN be closer to the majority of the color that flicks. When you think about it (or imho) the amount of money that we pay for these figures, and that they advertise this one in particular as deluxe and improved, it should be identical in every way to the real suit, just 1/6th scale. They could get that flicky material in 1/6th, must be able to. I can absolutely live with it the way it is, even if they made NO changes, but still, if they CAN get it perfect, why not do it? :)

True, but it CAN be closer to the majority of the color that flicks. When you think about it (or imho) the amount of money that we pay for these figures, and that they advertise this one in particular as deluxe and improved, it should be identical in every way to the real suit, just 1/6th scale. They could get that flicky material in 1/6th, must be able to. I can absolutely live with it the way it is, even if they made NO changes, but still, if they CAN get it perfect, why not do it? :)

I agree with you .. after all, they have ALL the materials they needed to make an accurate one.

Devil 666's manip is perfect.. if the colour's like that in the final figure.. it will be superb

none of you seem to get ther problem. You're trying to replicate a fabric that is clearly a 'reflective/shiny almost pearlescent/changes with angle' red-yellow-orange fabric that is desaturated.

Simply showing a flat one-tone fabric as red or oranger will not get anywhere close, nor will it ever look the same.

The Orange pic that someone did above was far too orange/gold, MaulFan's was closer, had more red in it... and that colour picker did indeed get a close colour. If you could get a slightly darker version of that colour onto a shiny fabric with a bit more red in it (to compensate for scale & fabric) then you'd be about as close as you're going to get.

The most important thing for me is that the coat looks purple. And not almost-black like some people clearly had with the V1. A grey-blue inner jacket would be nice too, and not a grey-purple one.

Anything else I can live with. It's still a pretty damn amazing figure whichever way you look at it. I just can't wait to get it here so I can tinker.... you *know* I have to tinker with everything, right? lol

Yup, all the other details would be great, but that is the key, and I don't care if we see an improved prototype, they better get it to stay purple in production.

This is what the prototype made us think we were getting. My v1 coat did not come out that purple.

DK_The%20Joker_1.jpg

So, I am excited for updated photos to get hope, BUT, I'm not going to say OK HT improved the figure we're all set now until the one we're going to own surfaces and it looks the same or better still.

Yeah i often look at that picture, which is on the side of the box, and it's QUITE different from the actual figure. Even headsculpt didn't look that good production wise

Well the head is identical in production except for the paint on the hair, which is better than that lime green on the proto. The only real deviation from the proto that was a negative was the coat and the gloves, which I'll add to the must be purple list with the new coat.

Darren's right - you're thinking about the fabric as a solid colour and it's not. I'd almost guarantee that the warp and weave of the fabric are two completely different colours - from the looks of things it's made up of a purple and a red or orange thread.

Darren's right - you're thinking about the fabric as a solid colour and it's not. I'd almost guarantee that the warp and weave of the fabric are two completely different colours - from the looks of things it's made up of a purple and a red or orange thread.

That's why it's best to come up with a tone that averages the various shades the lining showed in the film. On screen it looks red like the prototype in some shots, and more orange in others. It never really showed like the muted color in the promotional shots. A nice red-orange tone would work best I think.

Sideshow just put up the narrow shoulders TT tonight... so THIS is the one that will work for joker right?

Back