Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone laugh at the part where it says Joker forever:lol oh man they're really into this. There will probably be an anniversary Joker:monkey5

I like how Cop joker has his hair in a ponytail. And the overcoat looks very purple in the line up of all of them.

Okay, well that pic is just an example of other possible expressions. I am looking at the facial features of the BR sculpt and the announced figure. I can't find any differences between them other than the paint and eye position.

i definately think the lips and the area just below the lower lip have been resculpted. Also, not only is the hair sculpt different, the hairline in the right side of his head (left when looking at him) has been corrected and is further receded.

I imagine someones gonna end up playing with that, moving the eyes around back and froth until it just breaks.

" Eyes go left, eyes go right, eyes go left eyes go *snap* NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" :monkey4:rotfl

"Eagle Eyes" Joker :)
I remember having Action Man with Eagle Eyes as a kid, whats next for HT, Fuzzy Hair?

This has triggered some childhood flashbacks now of Action man and the Fonz driving round in Starsky & Hutch's Car

You need to tell your woman to STFU and place your order :gun

lmao I did. Read my post you doofus :lol

damn darren i can think of a thing or 2 i could commission you to paint if you need that joker money :)

Oh if it was that simple I could pay for it so quickly. Fact is I've already got enough work to keep me going for the next 12 - 18 months I reckon. Now that I'm not taking on new orders, I'm turning away a LOT of work each day from emails I get. People asking me to do things and me having to say "sorry, I'm not taking on new paint/sculpt work at the mo" ...an believe me, it hurts saying no, lol. But I have to get through my existing stuff first.

where did you order from??? considering we are both UK based, thats a disgustingly good price, i paid £150 for my BR joker!

I ended up ordering it from a place in the states that peopel here use. Um.... big boy.. bad boy... ^^^^ what's it called, lol. BBTS... whatever it stands for. WIth shipping worked out at £150 GBP. Fingers crossed for customs lol

After I ordered it Forbidden planet put it up for £150. :lol ... typical... their shipping is cheap too... but i've heard people say they can be slow... so i just left it where it was.

Either way... i can't wait :D

"Eagle Eyes" Joker :)
I remember having Action Man with Eagle Eyes as a kid, whats next for HT, Fuzzy Hair?

This has triggered some childhood flashbacks now of Action man and the Fonz driving round in Starsky & Hutch's Car

:DSure he did nt carry it?Fonzie & Starsky and Hutch were Mego 8" scale marketed by Palitoy.

200904075463bb2276a57e0.jpg

Going by this image, I'm feeling confident that HT's come up with a way to make the strands of hair work so the removable piece blends without being overly noticable, if at all.

However, I still have concerns as to how this will be done on figures in the future where the hair doesn't lend to that like Joker's.

:DSure he did nt carry it?Fonzie & Starsky and Hutch were Mego 8" scale marketed by Palitoy.

I don't think scale mattered to me back then. My A-team used to ride round in action man's stuff too.

:)

..and back on topic,
However, I still have concerns as to how this will be done on figures in the future where the hair doesn't lend to that like Joker's.

I'd imagine for figures with a full head of hair, the whole hairpiece would remove. they probably did it this way with the Joker due to Heath's hairline

1. I don't believe anymore that it's a resculpted/modified BR Joker head or that it's even just a straight re-release with new paint + moveable eyes. I believe it's brand new. Just my opinion.

2. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm glad the sculpt doesn't look like this:

156qzoj.jpg

Similiar to Chris Howes "licky" sculpt, the expression is too specific for my tastes. It's cool as a bonus/specialty head etc. but as the main sculpt for a high priced figure!? NO. Not for me.

couldn't agree more with everything you just said

I'd imagine for figures with a full head of hair, the whole hairpiece would remove. they probably did it this way with the Joker due to Heath's hairline

Yeah, but I'm thinking more short or no hair characters like John Connor and Dutch, or would this technology be only used for characters with hair, which could suck.

Maybe they have no intention of doing it with their short hair figures. They didn't do it for this short hair cop sculpt so I'm thinking they either don't have any intention of doing this often or only when they can get away with it like in this instance with the long hair sculpt.

Which is ok for now, Jack Sparrow's the only other character I can think of off the top of my head that could benefit from the technology, but it would be nice if there were no limitations due to hair and any figure where the technology would benefit because of the character, they gave it this functionality.

I think Cop Joker doesn't have it not because of his hair but because of the limited film-based posing of the head. Painted head can have a range of posing and looks that match the film. Cop Joker was a couple quick glances, all achievable with the painted eyes.

Is it the consensus of this board that this Joker has a new sculpt? I don't own the BR Joker, but looking at the facial features, they look identical to me. I really don't think this is a new sculpt. And if modified, the modifications must be very slight. Can someone compare their BR Joker to this pic?

MMSDXJoker11.jpg

Back