Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A user here named Billy B created a custom Joker shirt and tie for user Les Walker to use on his custom Ledger Joker, then it caught on and people started to inquire about getting it because it's much more accurrate than HTs.

Here's the HT shirt and tie (picture by The Drizzle).

money1.jpg

Here's the Billy B shirt and tie (picture by rw23).

Picture030-1.jpg

Most notable differences on the shirt are:

- Better closure around the neck.
- Pattern on shirt is half the size of the HT and more in scale
- Blue tint instead of grey/white tint of HT shirt

How can I contact BillyB to buy those items?

My bad, I just assumed with the shirt being HT the tie would be too.

Hot Toys tie really is as bad as possible and what really makes it worse compared to the others is that it's like a vinyl that you'd probably be able to just photo print a pattern on, and yet, Billy and DCD use cloth and actually get a distinct pattern showing.

Though the tie seen on DX Joker at SDCC looked like a vast improvement.

A shame lforigno's is a bundle purchase. I would have gotten v2 shirt & tie off him when it came in.

I still love v1 I got off him last time. Gives that added quality to the figure. The DX shirt and tie hopefully will be nice but just the fact knowing better stuff is out there will probably drive me nuts to upgrade the figure.

watermark.php

watermark.php

If your stuck with HT, the tie looks promising to be better on the DX but I think the shirt will be the same, as complex as the pattern is, I don't see HT reinventing it really.

Having HT's and Billy's to really compare in hand, one of the biggest reasons for HT's not looking good is the scale of the patter. The hexagons (is that the right name I'm bad with geometric shape names) are about twice the size of the ones on Billy's shirt, which is in scale, so the result is the pattern isn't as busy and the gap between the darp stitching is greater so the color comes out lighter.

What I still don't get is Harue's prototype shirt looked perfect, and how they could go from that to the final prototype/production shirt is just mind boggling.

What I still don't get is Harue's prototype shirt looked perfect, and how they could go from that to the final prototype/production shirt is just mind boggling.

Neither do I. Or somebody has seriously seriously bad taste in design and approval at Hot Toys.

I would imagine that it probably comes down to what production can do versus what customs or one offs can be, but it still makes me shake my head why even use someone like Harue who can set the bar so high and probably can't pass on his skills, at least with JC doing paint, he can hands on train the painters and get them close to his level, how Harue makes a shirt and how the factory does are probably too different.

I would imagine that it probably comes down to what production can do versus what customs or one offs can be, but it still makes me shake my head why even use someone like Harue who can set the bar so high and probably can't pass on his skills, at least with JC doing paint, he can hands on train the painters and get them close to his level, how Harue makes a shirt and how the factory does are probably too different.

JC is both an artist/business man, he managed to make his skills duplicateable, thus increasing his profits. I mean, how many headsculpt can he paint, even if he works 24/7?

While harue is just an artist. He could make a one off items. He couldn't expand his skills in a much larger scale. I guess that explains why they broke off the partnership now.

Well now I'm hoping this is a sign of DX Joker coming soon, I received my Billy B shirt and tie today, almost feels like a waste to put it on v1 short term, but more a waste not to use it :lol

C'mon DX Joker, show yourself.

Nice, mine just shipped today, can't wait for it :) :whip

Back