Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest word from HK is that it is delayed until mid Oct - Nov

Now I havn't said one word about the wait but if that is true

image7458dm9-1.gif

As frustrating as this is, I just checked when this went up for order and it was the end of March.

Considering everything in this set, the original July release date was very ambitious on Hot Toys' part, even end of July would only have been 4 months.

This new October-November date is about 7 months, which is actually fairly common for figures, it just stings because of all the release dates along the way suggesting it would be out.

some problems with QC i guess.
a kind of problem that is so confidential even they can't publish it to their blog. *sigh...

I'm sure it's PERS related, but plenty of figures have taken 5-7 months to come out. Considering this one is the first with a new tech, logically it's not that bad to be 7 months, sucks for us waiting, but it's not like something really bad must have happened.

Yep, Toy Square now has it shipping at the end of October. Guess I'll have to order another figure in the meantime to make up for this delay... :D :banana

Latest word from HK is that it is delayed until mid Oct - Nov

For me personally thats excellent! I can only assume that will also push the DX Batman back as well. Even better if it does.

As I really don't want a mass flood of figures to come in one go. Too costly that way.

no way!!!
I'm really angry with hot toys by now... c'mon, I love the figure, but is too much time for a figure like the Joker (and if this is happening with the Joker, I dont know when we gonna get Bats). I know that sculp something is very hard, but this is too much.
By now I regret selling my jover v1 with bank robber head moooooooooooooonths ago. The PERS don'st justify all this.

Considering all this time, and all the expectation that they created I hope that the figure comes WITH PERFECT LIKENESS, PERFECT PAINTING, PERFECT OUTFIT AND NO MISTAKES.

As frustrating as this is, I just checked when this went up for order and it was the end of March.

Considering everything in this set, the original July release date was very ambitious on Hot Toys' part, even end of July would only have been 4 months.

This new October-November date is about 7 months, which is actually fairly common for figures, it just stings because of all the release dates along the way suggesting it would be out.

Yeah, if the original release date would've been Oct/Nov (which as you pointed out would've been a more realistic time frame) no one would be complaining about the wait. Meh.. still that's HT's fault. They were obviously over confident with their ability to mass produce the PERS (for the first time) with no problems.

Yeah, paint apps and PERS are the only things I can see really holding this up, it shouldn't take long to source alternate fabrics if they were going to update any of the clothing elements, that's a pre-production issue, where paint and PERS, if they fail, have to be done over again on a number of heads.

I'm just eager to get this, should be a lot of fun, I'll be curious to see how off the mark Batman ends up. He went up for preorder the first week of November, and the current release date provided to dealers is Jan/Feb, that's -4-5 months, my guess is at least the end of Q1, which the HT specs say Q1, that'd b 6 months, but even that seems ambitiout, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up mid-late April after this.

Back