Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, what happened to August?

Delays, we're almost at mid-September now so it obviously missed August. I think they didn't have a good handle on how long the PERS would take them in production when they made their original estimates. Also could be some painting issues if they made the heads in their new PVC material like the John Connor.

I will enjoy the Cop Joker aspect, but I'm most eager to have the purple costume and especially the PERS head, the photo fun I'll be having with that is going to be insane.

dont get me wrong I love the look of the cop joker, my collection is just headed in a different direction is all. Plus I hate to say it but with the money I will make on ebay by selling the PERS head and cop joker I will basically get the purple outfit for free.

Late September overseas is the recent word, hitting the U.S. and regions sometime in early October.

Anyone know when those of us that pre-ordered with state-side vendors (BBTS for example) will see our Jokers? Their original estimate was December, but I'm guessing it'll be 1Q 2010 now...:banghead

Anyone know when those of us that pre-ordered with state-side vendors (BBTS for example) will see our Jokers? Their original estimate was December, but I'm guessing it'll be 1Q 2010 now...:banghead

Hard to know if the delays to the first release will spill over into the DC wave, if it does, I would say pad 2 months extra on, that's about what the first wave is coming out to. Original release was July/August, now it's September/October.

Hard to know if the delays to the first release will spill over into the DC wave, if it does, I would say pad 2 months extra on, that's about what the first wave is coming out to. Original release was July/August, now it's September/October.

Thanks Maul - something to brighten the bleak month of February...:)
At least I'll have all the amazing photos all of you will post in the near future. :D

Could always see if some place that's getting him in the fall still has him for order and cancel the DC shipment order.

Could always see if some place that's getting him in the fall still has him for order and cancel the DC shipment order.

Thought about it, but I got my preorder in when the price was still $139 and I figure I'll just hang on. I just got the HT James Dean Rebel and I'd rather not drop the cash on another figure right away. The wife tends to freak out when too many big boxes show up on the porch. :lol

All i want is the DX stand, the new purple suit, blazer, vest and I will be selling the rest.

I'm just getting it for the coat and vest. Hopefully I can part out the rest for the total cost paid and end up with those items for free :rock

Funny, I was thinking just yesterday that I might keep it on pre-order just for the googly-eye head, and sell the rest, but I do like the grenade set-up quite a bit.

I wish I could sell of the parts that come with my figures, but I just like having those parts around, despite of never using them. I feel good, knowing that they are inside their boxes, just lying there, at my disposal. Weird, I know.

I wish I could sell of the parts that come with my figures, but I just like having those parts around, despite of never using them. I feel good, knowing that they are inside their boxes, just lying there, at my disposal. Weird, I know.

I'm the same way.

It's a collector thing - part of the very same drive that makes us collect them in the first place.

Thats not so wierd. I've got tonnes of accessories and spare parts I don't use but I wouldn't sell them. Laziness comes into it but also I want them as 'just in case' spares or 'just because! Do I need a reason?!!'...

Thats not so wierd. I've got tonnes of accessories and spare parts I don't use but I wouldn't sell them. Laziness comes into it but also I want them as 'just in case' spares or 'just because'...

That's why I usually go for Exclusives, as long as I'm remotely interested in what they are, I want the maximum number of goodies for my figures, the more I have, the more options before me.

He's in Hot Toys laboratories. ¬_¬

I decided to get these framed ready to hang canvas print/paintings for my display while still in the mood of the Joker.

Back