Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Scarlet Witch Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to a Forbidden planet, they get her in on Jan 8. Due to my impatience, I ordered from sSC so I guess they will get her around then too - hopefully!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't SSC supply all of the Euro retailers with their figures? As in, HT sends them to SSC, and then SSC sends them out to all the other retailers? Because if that's the case, I would imagine Sideshow should be getting her in right around New Year's Day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't SSC supply all of the Euro retailers with their figures? As in, HT sends them to SSC, and then SSC sends them out to all the other retailers? Because if that's the case, I would imagine Sideshow should be getting her in right around New Year's Day.

I didn't know that but the possibility of getting the Witch earlier than expected is a Christmas bonus.

I had an email a while ago from SSC saying she would be Feb 17 most likely but now the HK release happened so suddenly, the Jan release for US and UK seems more likely.

i'm kinda new to the whole wait list thing (i jumped on this one cause anxiety) so i have a couple questions; first, will the NRD be taken out right away or just if the order goes through? probs an obvious answer but i just wanna make sure. secondly, if the order does go through will i get an email saying i'm off the wait list or will my card just be charged? sorry for asking stupid questions but like i said i'm new to collecting :)

i'm kinda new to the whole wait list thing (i jumped on this one cause anxiety) so i have a couple questions; first, will the NRD be taken out right away or just if the order goes through? probs an obvious answer but i just wanna make sure. secondly, if the order does go through will i get an email saying i'm off the wait list or will my card just be charged? sorry for asking stupid questions but like i said i'm new to collecting :)

You'll get an email saying that it will be converting into a real order in two days and that you'll be charged the deposit then if you keep the order. If you want to cancel before getting charged, they give you a time and date as a deadline for doing so.

The day it converts, you will get an email stating that it's now a live order... and then you'll get another email saying that you've been charged the NRD.

When my waitlist converted this is the email I received:
Good news, **********!
We found a Scarlet Witch for you! Your waitlist reservation #W******* will automatically process and become a real order on Dec 19th 2016. You will receive an email confirmation on that date.

If you have fallen to the dark side and decide you no longer want this item, you may cancel your order no later than Dec 18th 2016 11:59:00 PST from your account.

Then on Monday the 19th I received this email:
Thank you for collecting with Sideshow! Your waitlist reservation #W******* has been fulfilled. We'll send you another email once it's shipped. You can also check the status of your order anytime by visiting your account.
Expected to ship Jan 2017 - Feb 2017

Subtotal
$229.99
Shipping
$10.00
Non-Refundable Deposit
-$23.00
Current Total
$206.99

Later that Monday I received this email:
This email notification is to confirm that the applicable $23.00 non-refundable deposit required for the above item(s) has been charged to your card on file or payment has been received via check, money order, or certified bank draft.

For detailed information pertaining to your order, including the deposit amount, estimated delivery time, and if applicable the Flex Pay payment schedule, please visit the item's web page »

We thank you again for your order. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this amazingly detailed, limited edition collectible!
I hope that answers your questions v-i-s-o-n.

My new Wanda arrived. A couple of hs comparison shots just of the box with the NA version:
4fac374eaa6681b214ecd6e94ba22bad.jpg

0362c654d7480e267192f6b0d3c47e1e.jpg

the sculpts are identical.... minor paint differences...

what annoys me is they never changed the hair... just keep reusing the same style when she has straighter hair than HT likes to think.

the sculpts are identical.... minor paint differences...

what annoys me is they never changed the hair... just keep reusing the same style when she has straighter hair than HT likes to think.

Personally I think it's that it's a bit difficult to capture the kind of style Wanda had in AoU, at the very least. Her hair in AoU to me, (and I mean no disrespect to Lizzie or the hair and makeup team because as a costumer and filmmaker I understand it was designed that way for her story) looked like Wanda wasn't caring for it, not washing it or not washing it often, not getting it cut, maybe only finger brushing it - which is a natural assumption because she was in Strucker's base for at least a year, it's hard to access a good hairdresser when you're in lock down :lol But Hot Toys' job is to make great looking figures, and it would be quite hard for them to make a product they're proud of while making it accurate and making her hair look like it hasn't been cared for - so I think the route they went was the easier one, make it look better, and if buyers want to change it they can (and I've seen people do so).

Not sure what happened with the CW hair though :lol Even I felt that looked a bit off when I took it out of the box.

Sculpts are near identical, but I prefer the CW sculpt. Does indeed look a bit more natural. While still great, the paint apps on the NA one seem to make it have a bit too sharp of features.

She's stunning.
And don't get me wrong, but this outfit highlights her curves very well <3

Hopefully I'll own her too one day...

Back