Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Have somebody please a Link to Toyworld, where you ordered this Figure? :)

Many Thanks
Andreas

PS: Sorry, but i didn't found anything @ google. :(

Does anyone know when we might see this guy in the US from sideshow, toys2 or BBTS?

Does anyone know when we might see this guy in the US from sideshow, toys2 or BBTS?

Well SS reckon it's now shipping in September. 20 day notice I feel will be around the last week of August. :(

But hey, I ordered from Toys2! :D

Toys2 usually get theirs earlier than SS.

On a humorous note, Toys2 still list release as June! :lol

Did those Toyworld members get their Connor heads replaced or did they buy the figure now with the updated head (from Toy Hunters)?

I pre-ordered mine from alter ego comics, which also says "shipping in september." This seems like the longest wait for any figure ive ordered. But that amazing headsculpt makes it worth it.:D

I pre-ordered mine from alter ego comics, which also says "shipping in september." This seems like the longest wait for any figure ive ordered. But that amazing headsculpt makes it worth it.:D

You should see how long people had to wait for the HT Tumbler! :google

can't believe how close to the proto this guy is, great update. Can't wait to get this guy, should hopefully have it in sometime next week. Then the long haul till the new T-600 and DX Joker.

Only thing that bothers me, and it's not a big deal, is the chin strap beard, I don't know where HT got the idea he had one.

JohnConner_5.JPG

terminatorsalvation-1-large-040509.jpg

At least it looks nice though, if it looked bad and shouldn't be there, that'd be something else.

Only thing that bothers me, and it's not a big deal, is the chin strap beard, I don't know where HT got the idea he had one.

At least it looks nice though, if it looked bad and shouldn't be there, that'd be something else.

I almost like him better with the beard. He looks like hes ready to kick some @ss!:D

Thanks for the pix Mauler.
Maybe a bit of acetone will remove the paint?

Well...

I'm not so hot on those Toy World shots. Looking at those, I almost think the paint apps were okay on the first run (based on the shots seen here earlier in the thread).

Those Toy World shots make him look almost over-painted...that chin-strap beard seems way over-pronounced, too sharp and dark and the whole head just looks a little overdone with the paint based on these shots.

The real proof will be when some good "in-hand" shots start appearing from folks in here...can't wait for those.

I hate to dissappoint ya JB, but I have a feeling the quality of paint apps seen in the Toy World pictures is what we'll see in hand.

The photographs look very nice in terms of lighting and color quality, I think they're faithful of those things, only distortion regarding proportions and all really happening.

I would like to know where along the way HT came to feel he should have the chin strap look, it wasn't at all present on the first production head.

5400_115972272343_58690437343_2723305_1858299_n.jpg

Good news, bad news, their seems to be some variation as to how heavy some of the facial hair is, maybe with some luck, the Toy World sample is one of the worse ones.

85704040.jpg

Overall, facial hair looks better on the first run, but the eyes, eyebrows, hair and skin look better on the new head, it's a trade off.

The detailing and quality of the eyes on the first head are terrible and lose the likeness in them, the new head shines the eyes very nicely.

I hate to dissappoint ya JB, but I have a feeling the quality of paint apps seen in the Toy World pictures is what we'll see in hand.

...Overall, facial hair looks better on the first run, but the eyes, eyebrows, hair and skin look better on the new head, it's a trade off.

The detailing and quality of the eyes on the first head are terrible and lose the likeness in them, the new head shines the eyes very nicely.

I agree about the eyes and mouth looking better on the new one, helping the likeness considerably...and of course, I always keep in mind how drastically different (and usually better) a figure can look "in-hand" compared to pics...

Guess I'm just nervous about the quality, considering this will be my first dive into HT....and I'm hoping it's as fanatstic a figure as many of the shots have made it look to be (especially some of those SDCC display ones...WOW!)

Where is this guy already? :)

Last edited:

5400_115972272343_58690437343_2723305_1858299_n.jpg

I 'll take both the standard definition & the Blu Ray figure please! :monkey1

christian-bale_term-1.jpg

I found what you're looking for it's subtle but it's there. Paint just seems to dark. Hope it hits the states soon.

85704040.jpg

It's a far cry from the prototype. I thought JC Hong especially supervised the portrait fixes. I guess the memo didn't get passed around the HT factories because the beard is overdone, as is his hair color.

IMG_3285.JPG

I agree about the eyes and mouth looking better on the new one, helping the likeness considerably...and of course, I always keep in mind how drastically different (and usually better) a figure can look "in-hand" compared to pics...

Guess I'm just nervous about the quality, considering this will be my first dive into HT....and I'm hoping it's as fanatstic a figure as many of the shots have made it look to be (especially some of those SDCC display ones...WOW!)

Where is this guy already? :)

Well, I can tell you this much, based on photos, the quality is there, it looks really well done, it's just a matter of what was done that I see in question, which seems to be a choice to define the chin strap and facial hair stronger than it showed up in the film.

Back