Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hook seems to be the latest style where it doesn't bend back up around the front, so he might be able to stand further forward, but the pole being that far back means his cape will pull out quite a bit.

They're even displaying the Batcomputer at Secret Base along with the figure and Batmobile. Really hoping this means they'll actually release it as a diorama set or something similar.

7dAs9S6.jpg
That display needs a Basigner in blue dress figure to recreate the 'take that to the press' scene. An Axis Chemicals dio would have been great too, and we need a parade float dio for a Joker 2.0.

Man, I'm on such an '89 high right now!

That display needs a Basigner in blue dress figure to recreate the 'take that to the press' scene. An Axis Chemicals dio would have been great too, and we need a parade float dio for a Joker 2.0.

We're all probably losing the run of ourselves with these hopes and ideas. 3rd parties might fulfil some of them but from Hot Toys we'll be lucky to get that Bat-computer setup.

I've avoided 3rd party stuff in the past because typically it's just not as good in any given department but Mars Toys have really impressed everyone with their Bruce Wayne and Joker sculpts.

I think someone said the paint had not yet dried in this picture. That's why it looks different here.

Uhmm, I think it is the opposite!

The proto pictures have fresh paint, whereas the picture I posted, and here at Secret Base the paint is more finished.

1676720549406.png

I don't know about the rest of you, but I guess I'm showing my age -- I've idly browsed past dozens of HT releases with only passing interest, but seeing this release has actually been exciting, even though it's just a tweaked reissue.

It also helps that it's not from an era of bland, generic and repetitive design.

They kinda did for the Arkham games, but yeah, even then they didn't do a lot of villains.

I would say the '78 superman was probably more of a ground breaker. superman II had a lot of hype but with 2 directors it turned into a mess. III and IV should probably jave not been made.

So when 89 batman was announced we had really burned superhero movie bridges so to speak. The Burton films are great, especially 89. Then Schumacher takes over and ...well we know what happened.

The 89 film had quite a tightrope to walk. Should it be serious, comic / campy, or something in the middle? I think they made a good choice being both until the last 35 minutes or so when they get pretty dark.
Superman! Dang, how did I forget that? I love Superman II even with it's flaws...just seeing Supes take on others with similar powers was pretty cool.

That Secret Base display is beautiful. Holy mackerel.

I’m assuming the Batcomputer wouldn’t fit inside a detolf? :lol

Do we know if the gargoyle itself is removable from the deluxe base?

That Secret Base display is beautiful. Holy mackerel.

I’m assuming the Batcomputer wouldn’t fit inside a detolf? :lol

Do we know if the gargoyle itself is removable from the deluxe base?
One official photo had Batman standing where that gargoyle was, so I assume so. Only way I’m fitting that in my Detolf.

They're even displaying the Batcomputer at Secret Base along with the figure and Batmobile. Really hoping this means they'll actually release it as a diorama set or something similar.
7dAs9S6.jpg

What a set up. The Batmobile, Batman, the Cathedral and the Batcomputer. He just needs the armory vault and a Batwing and he will have his entire arsenal from the film. Amazing.

Definitely keeping my DX09. He can be used in the Cathedral dio, in the Batmobile or at the computer.

I really think the Command Console is going up soon. To my knowledge, they’ve never displayed something at Secret Base with newly produced product. That’s only happened with convention and show pieces. They probably wanted to give people’s wallets a break as a $350 Batman, a $700 Batmobile is pushing things.

It looks awesome, love the video showing the back. Are we to assume that the lights illuminate? Please include a Bruce Wayne.

Detolfs? Pssh, something like this commands its own table display. This is a showcase piece.

Well they advertised Keaton's name all over the Batman preorder. Prime 1 have shown his likeness is available so it's entirely possible.

A Bruce figure would make me get the computer, since I love the flashback scene and Danny Elfman's 'Childhood Remembered' cue.

Imagine it came with the folder and you could open the Thomas Wayne article.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I guess I'm showing my age -- I've idly browsed past dozens of HT releases with only passing interest, but seeing this release has actually been exciting, even though it's just a tweaked reissue.

It also helps that it's not from an era of bland, generic and repetitive design.
While there are so good hero designs out there, everything is often so very over-designed. Even in the comics, costumes are covered in lines breaking up the original clean designs or with crazy materials or straps or armor bits.

The 89 Batman is just sleek and simple without looking silly. It’s a design from a bygone era of costuming where designers weren’t trying to be fancy and use 600 different patterns to brag on the Blu-Ray how Superman’s S is made up of hundreds of tinier S’s, and why nobody wanted to even try to give Wolverine a comic-accurate costume because it’s “silly”.

I see Keaton’s Batman outfit (and car and gadgets and the rest) and it looks perfect for its world. And the 89 comics. And the toys. And the video games. There’s a reason I used the 89 skin in Arkham Knight and it fits like a glove.

I agree that modern suits are overdesigned. Batman's default Arkham Knight suit is so busy it feels like an Iron Man armor.

I like Affleck's blue and gray suit from The Flash though. Rumours are he's directing the new Batman film and it would be cool to see a traditional suit.

Keaton's first suit was a bit rough but it was great because it was the first shot at a live action motion picture batsuit. The Returns suit amped that up with those silly armored abs, but the cowl was beautiful.

Back