Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, not a flattering shot. Reminds me too much of
hWTCsFt.gif
That was 100% my thought as well :ROFLMAO:

As far as the film I still really like it personally. It has some corny moments and the Prince music in the museum scene is out of place (even though overall that’s one of the best sequences in the movie).

There also is the element of it being more of a Joker movie than a Batman movie but it works well enough for me.

I still far prefer it over Batman Returns personally. As much as I like the style of the sequel I really don’t enjoy the story or portrayal of some of the characters (especially Penguin).

I've sometimes have 89 and Returns on loop in the background while I'm working. Same for the OT.
That's funny. Whenever I'm out of town in a hotel and can't sleep, I play ESB on my iPad and go right to sleep. I know it so well that I have no need to watch it but hearing it and anticipating the next line is like counting sheep for me. Total background noise.

I unabashedly love the Burton films, warts and all. Structurally, they’re both a mess. Things “happen”, scenes jarringly shift, character motivations are often inscrutable, and some effects show their age.

As movies, they’re not great. But as EXPERIENCES, there’s nothing else like them. They’re like weird gothic fever dreams of mismatched timelines, styles, and sensibilities, transporting you to a movie world that can’t possibly exist but is so implausible the nonsense that happens almost makes sense.

So if I want to just “be” in the world of Gotham and its crazed denizens of bat billionaires, freakshow penguins, homicidal clowns, and noir gangsters for a few hours, no other films out there is quite like the Burton films.

Last edited:
I unabashedly love the Burton films, warts and all. Structurally, they’re both a mess. Things “happen”, scenes jarringly shift, character motivations are often inscrutable, and some effects show their age.

As movies, they’re not great. But as EXPERIENCES, there’s nothing else like them. They’re like weird gothic fever dreams of mismatched timelines, styles, and sensibilities, transporting you to a movie world that can’t possibly exist but is so implausible the nonsense that happens almost makes sense.

So if I want to just “be” in the world of Gotham and it’s crazed denizens for a few hours, no other films out there so it quite like the Burton films.
Love this perspective! Plus, it was such a ground breaking experience to have a super hero big screen movie. This led the way for Tobey's Spider-man and all that came after. I remember absolutely loving it in theaters. Conversely, I absolutely hate Returns. The Penguin design ruined it for me.

I definitely put my nostalgia glasses on when I watch the Burton films, to the point where I’m surprised that people actually sit and critique them seriously. They’re more like roller coaster rides for me. I have so many fond memories of this time. I was 2 and 5 when when these movies dropped. I was the perfect age to get into the toys, and not to mention the Animated Series came out in ‘92 as well. So I was pretty much born at the epicenter of the Batman craze.

Same for me.
I desperately want a 1/12 Batwing.
I just want more 1/12 scale vehicles in general. I rather Hot Toys does more 1/12 vehicles than 1/6 since it seems they're reluctant to do them in the first place in fear that they won't sell or be shelf warmers. Need more 1/12 high quality vehicles in the market. Cheaper and more reasonable to display with the reduce size.

That said, I think even the 1/12 scale Batwing is massive. :lol But certainty more doable than 1/6 for most people.

fa843fdb06570c4fd32e0bb5660700af.jpg

As far as the film I still really like it personally. It has some corny moments and the Prince music in the museum scene is out of place (even though overall that’s one of the best sequences in the movie).

There also is the element of it being more of a Joker movie than a Batman movie but it works well enough for me.

I still far prefer it over Batman Returns personally. As much as I like the style of the sequel I really don’t enjoy the story or portrayal of some of the characters (especially Penguin).
There are so many sexual references that I never got as a 12 year old. It was only a few years ago when I saw it again, it blew my mind how much went over my head!

Interesting hearing these takes on re-watchability, though not uncommon. I can watch it all the way through and still enjoy pretty much the entire thing. I find Returns is the one that I'm sort of iffy on with some parts. Though, they had Returns playing at a local theater during the Holidays and it was really cool to watch on the big screen as I never did. Just caught it on VHS whenever it was available for rent.

I watch Returns the least. I usually watch only the Bruce and Selina scenes. A lot of it is very whacky.

I've actually watched Returns almost yearly as a Christmas movie. I know that the film is a mess, but it's a touchpoint stylistically and nostalgically for a very specific era in my life. I love it, I know it's not executed well but I love it.

I just want more 1/12 scale vehicles in general. I rather Hot Toys does more 1/12 vehicles than 1/6 since it seems they're reluctant to do them in the first place in fear that they won't sell or be shelf warmers. Need more 1/12 high quality vehicles in the market. Cheaper and more reasonable to display with the reduce size.

That said, I think even the 1/12 scale Batwing is massive. :lol But certainty more doable than 1/6 for most people.

fa843fdb06570c4fd32e0bb5660700af.jpg

I/12 vehicles are very much needed imo. Currently, I'm forced to enjoy the vintage Toybiz versions.

Z1ROXsJ.jpg

43HepUD.jpg

hyINSiN.jpg

Back