Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HOCTDK1228081.jpg

Photo Credit: TonyMeis

Does look good though. But this pic REALLY shows how big the HT TDK suit is next to the original BB suit. :lol

It's just the chest that throws me off.

Anyway, I've been visiting Mediworld from time to time hoping TonyMeis would post a tutorial on how to shorten the neck on the BB figure. No luck!! Hope it's up soon.

I think this figures neck is not enough of a bother for me to butcher it to get that look, it looks great as is..the cape mod is what makes more the difference to me but, i will not even do that.

Best 1/6th Batman figure ever made!...until the DX comes lol.

It looks ragged to be honest. It doesn't have a smooth machine cut. Which would be easy to fix with very fine wet and dry. With some water.

https://www.runboard.com/bmedicom.f14.t13540|offset=70

???

Where do you see that it's ragged? It might be, but you don't see any cut -lines in that photo either way!

Another advantage of shortening the neck is that you could actually turn the head side to side, like the Takara one.

I think this figures neck is not enough of a bother for me to butcher it to get that look, it looks great as is..the cape mod is what makes more the difference to me but, i will not even do that.

Best 1/6th Batman figure ever made!...until the DX comes lol.

I've been asking that question around but no one seems to want to respond to it?? Do you guys think there's a good chance we'll get another shot at BB or DK with this new DX line?

I'd love a DX version of the Origianl batsuit, HT could make the cowl more screen accurate by making it rubbery so that we can actually tilt the head down, etc, and sort out the cape clasps as well.

Well considering I missed the first run ... I am hopeful of the DX version !

I just splurged today and ordered the TDK Batman and preordered the DX Joker. An 8K income tax refund is a wonderful thing. Now if I can just talk my wife into a MR Falcon, all would be right in the world. I am sure she will want to do something foolish with the money like save it or pay off a credit card...

???

Where do you see that it's ragged? It might be, but you don't see any cut -lines in that photo either way!

Another advantage of shortening the neck is that you could actually turn the head side to side, like the Takara one.

hoctdk1228081copy.jpg

Hey hey!

Hey HT (if you're reading this) instead of re-releasing TDK Batman, how about thinking about re-doing the BB Batman?

MMS DX Begins Batman. 2 suits, the second one being Bruce Wayne in training.

Reason why I would suggest this, is because BB Batman is getting to be a ^^^^^ to find for a decent price.

Re: Hey hey!

Hey HT (if you're reading this) instead of re-releasing TDK Batman, how about thinking about re-doing the BB Batman?

MMS DX Begins Batman. 2 suits, the second one being Bruce Wayne in training.

Reason why I would suggest this, is because BB Batman is getting to be a ^^^^^ to find for a decent price.

Why not both!!??!!

Or just restock the latest and last Batman Begins suit from the TDK line they've put out so far. I was never really fond of the BB suit, although I love the movie in general still.

I agree, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'm really kicking myself for passing on the first one so a new version would be great. I love my Takara Batman figure but I feel the need to own the original TDK Begins version. It was never specified what version HT plans on doing correct? For all we know it might be a new original suit version. Think about it, the new TDK one is still on the market, DCD hasn't even gotten all of theirs out yet (have they?). The original suit on the other hand is in HIGH demand and the prices are shooting through the roof, while the availablitiy is getting smaller and smaller.

I'd dig it.

Even better. How bout an updated version of the Begins and TDK HT figures in one. More accessories, the LED base, etc. I skipped out on both versions (still kicking myself for not purchasing the Begins version) because I thought my Takara version was enough (I also dislike HT's attempt at the TDK suit). Which ever suit it is, I'll buy one to go along with my Takara Batman, V1, V2, and Cop Joker depending on how it looks and what it comes with. If it's similar to HT's first TDK suit I'll pass (I hate that figure). But if it's an improvement I'll definately consider it. If the Begins suit is involved in anyway it'll definately be a must own for me.

Last edited:

I really don't think the BB needs redoing, DX or not.

It is practically perfect as is. Good luck to you who want it though.

I really don't think the BB needs redoing, DX or not.

It is practically perfect as is. Good luck to you who want it though.

Yeah, HT already redid BB Batman once, no need for a third. People passed on this new one thinking their original HT was just fine or that they would just want the TDK Batman. But now that its worth something, all of a sudden everyone wants one now. :rolleyes:

Yeah, HT already redid BB Batman once, no need for a third. People passed on this new one thinking their original HT was just fine or that they would just want the TDK Batman. But now that its worth something, all of a sudden everyone wants one now. :rolleyes:

Jebus man, Jokers were distracting me when BB Batman was out. Or maybe later it relized hes a pretty cool guy, eh excells in fighting crime, and doesent afraid of gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back