Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it crappy looking?? its 100x better than the Batman Forever and Batman & Robin suits. (whoever designed those should be tasered in the sac)
i like the new suit...kind of looks like a tactical military design.

It is certainly more attractive than those examples, at least there aren't nipples, but everything about those films was a complete campy disaster, the suits included. Any sloppy design would shine next to those turds.

The mesh chainmail undersuit with armor pieces is fine as is the cowl cut at the neck so Batman can finally turn his head and I'm ok with the new action feature shooting gauntlets. The main problem most have I believe is how busy and cluttered the new suit looks. I don't care for the grey/black two-tone look. The bat symbol is way too small and dinky looking. The hyper stylized abs remind me of the Schmacher suits - which is bad - and the leg and thigh armor are the ugliest part and look like a craptastic futuristic Hasbro figure. If the leg armor were more subdued and the bat symbol larger I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the new suit.

Actually, the new suit reminds me more of something they would have done in BATMAN FOREVER and BATMAN & ROBIN. Pure design overkill, which is precisely why I hate it.

Same here. I'm warming up to it, but I'm still not sold.

As awesome as the previews look, this movie seems to be suffering from the top comic-book movie franchise killers:

- Costume design changes (this is especially bad because the Begins suit was so great)
- New vehicles or gadgets to distract from the story
- Too Many Villians!!! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I'm still overly excited about this flick, but it's hard to deny the warning signs...

Even if the story blows, and gets bogged down in ugly suits and gagetry, Heath will steal the show as Joker. And the birth of Two-Face will be sweet no doubt.

Same here. I'm warming up to it, but I'm still not sold.

As awesome as the previews look, this movie seems to be suffering from the top comic-book movie franchise killers:

- Costume design changes (this is especially bad because the Begins suit was so great)
- New vehicles or gadgets to distract from the story
- Too Many Villians!!! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I'm still overly excited about this flick, but it's hard to deny the warning signs...

I'm with ya there man.
I don't wanna see a spiderman 3 again , slipping two-face into the end , I swear to god if they kill him off I'm gonna shoot every body in the cinema before I leave. And yes when I'm put away for life and asked in an interview in a padded room , " Was it really worth it ?. " My answer would be " ..yes."

Yes , spiderman 3 affected me that badly...

Difinitely , and by what you see in the pictures , the cape must be changed , i do not like , where are the traditional peaks ???, is a detail , but with solution, i think ...............

Difinitely , and by what you see in the pictures , the cape must be changed , i do not like , where are the traditional peaks ???, is a detail , but with solution, i think ...............

The cape was like that until he put his palms on the cape and ran the current through it.

It is certainly more attractive than those examples, at least there aren't nipples, but everything about those films was a complete campy disaster, the suits included. Any sloppy design would shine next to those turds.

The mesh chainmail undersuit with armor pieces is fine as is the cowl cut at the neck so Batman can finally turn his head and I'm ok with the new action feature shooting gauntlets. The main problem most have I believe is how busy and cluttered the new suit looks. I don't care for the grey/black two-tone look. The bat symbol is way too small and dinky looking. The hyper stylized abs remind me of the Schmacher suits - which is bad - and the leg and thigh armor are the ugliest part and look like a craptastic futuristic Hasbro figure. If the leg armor were more subdued and the bat symbol larger I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the new suit.

lol... then we'll agree to disagree. :D one thing that always cracks me up when watching the original keaton version is that he has to turn his entire body to look around. and every movie there are claims how the new suit allows more flexibility for better action scenes. i understand the context, but they sound like batman is doing jackie chan type of stuff.

I'm with ya there man.
I don't wanna see a spiderman 3 again , slipping two-face into the end , I swear to god if they kill him off I'm gonna shoot every body in the cinema before I leave. And yes when I'm put away for life and asked in an interview in a padded room , " Was it really worth it ?. " My answer would be " ..yes."
Yes , spiderman 3 affected me that badly...

:banana:banana:banana:banana "Why So Serious??" i'm glad you live across the pond and not where i do. i'm afraid i'd end up being in the theater when you snap.

I'd be happy if he was in at the near end as a precursor to a 3rd film with him as the villian

Notice that the Bruce Wayne head has the now standard HT 2 part neck joint. So perhaps the cowled version does too. So he'd have a similar range of motion as the Tak, but will look screen accurate.

Notice that the Bruce Wayne head has the now standard HT 2 part neck joint. So perhaps the cowled version does too. So he'd have a similar range of motion as the Tak, but will look screen accurate.

Yep, good call. Noticed that neck joint too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back