Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, but HT's has the right shape for the Begins suit.

normal_18.jpg

12DK_Batman_12inches.jpg

A bit too bulky still, I think. The neck is too long (Yes, I've said this before, and I'll say it again), though in this pic it's not that bad since his head is tilted down. Speaking of the head, the articulation is going to be the same as the previous HT Bats, right? There's no cut at the top of the neck, so does that mean we're going to see a large gap at the base of the neck when posed?

Everytime I see these "bulky" complaints about the HT figures it baffles me. The suit was bulky.

Everytime I see these "bulky" complaints about the HT figures it baffles me. The suit was bulky.

Exactly. I think the figure looks great.

As for the original suit being bulky, I think the Dark Knight addresses that. He needs a new suit because the old one sucked :lol

You guys don't have to defend it so adamantly, it won't love you back. Ok, I'll concede and admit that I probably shouldn't have used the word "bulky", but he does look a bit squat....and has a giraffe neck.

You guys don't have to defend it so adamantly, it won't love you back. Ok, I'll concede and admit that I probably shouldn't have used the word "bulky", but he does look a bit squat....and has a giraffe neck.

I'm not defending it, I just find it weird that people complain bout the bulk of the HT figures. It's the only instance I can think of where people have complained about something being too accurate.

At first sight , is a little fat , but i see a better quallity materials . I want to clarify that i do not have the takara !!!!! i have only the photos of maulfan !!!
and was about to buy it , now with this bomb of ht seems to me prudent wait . I can only say with the photos that plublic ht........

jesus give me a hand !!!!!!!!!

everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I for one am glad I like it, since I missed out on the original Hot Toys and Takara Bats.

Exactly. I think the figure looks great.

As for the original suit being bulky, I think the Dark Knight addresses that. He needs a new suit because the old one sucked :lol

Lets face it, the real reason he needs a new suit so they can sell more merch. :lol

Just wish they had come up with a new suit that didn't look so crappy.

Just wish they had come up with a new suit that didn't look so crappy.
why is it crappy looking?? its 100x better than the Batman Forever and Batman & Robin suits. (whoever designed those should be tasered in the sac)
i like the new suit...kind of looks like a tactical military design.

This figure looks awesome!! :drool

Just when I try to get out of 1:6, something like this comes along and then I cave. :eek: :eek:

Oh yeah, Joker looks great also!! :drool

This is very very nice figure, and knowing Hot Toys, I think anyone who gets it will be thrilled. I own the Takara Bats, and I must say that this figure is better in almost every way. I like to rate my figures on a scale of one to ten, and I give this figure a solid 9.0. My only gripes are that the neck appears too long in with the cowl, and the detail on the face looks almost too exaggerated in my opinion. However, the cape, the belt, the body, and the costume all look better than the Takara one. The Takara figure gets an 8.3 in my opinion due to the inaccurate belt, cheap cape, bad boot design, and the too thin body. Even though the Hot Toys figure is better in almost every way, I can't see myself selling Takara figure for a discount and paying more for the Hot Toys. The differences just don't justify the money in my opinion. However, those who get this figure will have the ultimate Nolan Batman. Awesome job Hot Toys!!!!!

I still am finishing the fight and saying the first HT Begins figure's suit was bulky!!!!!! It looked fat and ridiculous...and bulkier than even the screen version!!!! It just looked "awkward".

This new one looks much more screen-accurate and slimmer than the first release. I am satisfied.

I'm not to fond of the new Dark Knight suit, but the more I think about it, the better it would be "in real life". The solid, "one-piece" appearance of the Begins suit still hinders the movement of Batman...definitely less so than previous Batman movies, but you can still see him move somewhat "stiff" in the movie. The Dark Knight suit looks much more what Batman would wear in real life. A mesh underlay with multiple armor "parts" atop...increasing the wearer's range of movement while retaining that defensive armor. I mean for crying out loud in the comics, Batman is doing backflips and jump-kicks and all that all the time.

why is it crappy looking?? its 100x better than the Batman Forever and Batman & Robin suits. (whoever designed those should be tasered in the sac)

Actually, the new suit reminds me more of something they would have done in BATMAN FOREVER and BATMAN & ROBIN. Pure design overkill, which is precisely why I hate it.

Actually, the new suit reminds me more of something they would have done in BATMAN FOREVER and BATMAN & ROBIN. Pure design overkill, which is precisely why I hate it.

Yeah, I really agree with this statement. It's just too much visually. They went too radical with the entire new costume. I just can't get in too it. I thought that the original suit was borderline but I accepted it. The new one is just over the top!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back