Hot Toys MMS 501 Black Panther - Shuri

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice figure albeit I was not as blown away as I expected to be from the pics and such; I suppose this has more to do with the fact that I don't have a fascination with the character like some folks do. That being said I know quality when I see it, and there is no question she's as good as it gets from that regard. I feel her to be more of an accessory to your BP collection than a necessity, but having her really completes a shelf.
092b11b0631a9d7b28e25239b8aaf5a0.jpg

I like the CW figure in theory, but there's something toyish in the way the build is executed. I think he's a little too stacked and blocky to look like a real person in a suit. Aesthetically though I do prefer the CW suit and helmet, but the BP solo suit is just executed better when it comes to miniaturizing an outfit.

No. Just no.

My man! God i hate how people keep saying how much better the civil war figure looks than the bp movie one looks! Its all subjective and I loved civil war but the black panther movie just really put it into another level(I know subjective) but at least gave context to how the suit worked. They both look awesome, my aunt owns the civil war one, but even she loved the black panther movie more! I own the bp movie version and think it looks badass! I just dont see the dramatic difference which makes the civil war one that much better idk

My man! God i hate how people keep saying how much better the civil war figure looks than the bp movie one looks! Its all subjective and I loved civil war but the black panther movie just really put it into another level(I know subjective) but at least gave context to how the suit worked. They both look awesome, my aunt owns the civil war one, but even she loved the black panther movie more! I own the bp movie version and think it looks badass! I just dont see the dramatic difference which makes the civil war one that much better idk

Agreed. The only thing better imo on the CW is the the helmet/mask. More intimidating looking. The proportions and suit material and details on the BP are much better. I could never get past those Chung thighs on the CW one. Chadwick is rather lean like the BP version

Like you said its all subjective. I am one of those who prefer the CW ver, even in the movies, I find the design closer to the comic version. But the figure itself, I have to give it to the solo movie version for the uv function and the material used seems better.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I am very happy to report that when I first posed my Shuri I posed her with her blasters. The blasters ending up leaving a line indentation on her arms. Wasn?t sure if they?d go away but I just check since I reposed her last week and the lines are gone.

I am very happy to report that when I first posed my Shuri I posed her with her blasters. The blasters ending up leaving a line indentation on her arms. Wasn?t sure if they?d go away but I just check since I reposed her last week and the lines are gone.

That's great to hear. I haven't tried the blasters at all, but it seems that it's nearly impossible to fit those on without doing some type of potential damage to the arms. Is that the case or does one need to be super duper careful to avoid the indentation damage?

That's great to hear. I haven't tried the blasters at all, but it seems that it's nearly impossible to fit those on without doing some type of potential damage to the arms. Is that the case or does one need to be super duper careful to avoid the indentation damage?

They can be a pain for sure to get it on the wrist peg but I found bending the arm and applying a little force from the from of the blaster and elbow makes it easier.

They can be a pain for sure to get it on the wrist peg but I found bending the arm and applying a little force from the from of the blaster and elbow makes it easier.

Yep, that seemed to work best. Another option is to take the extra wrist pegs and install them into the blaster hands with needle nose pliers first. I found on one arm that it was easier to make the arm-to-wrist peg connection than the wrist peg-to-blaster hand connection.

Yep, that seemed to work best. Another option is to take the extra wrist pegs and install them into the blaster hands with needle nose pliers first. I found on one arm that it was easier to make the arm-to-wrist peg connection than the wrist peg-to-blaster hand connection.

Great, thanks for the tips guys! Looking forward to giving these methods a shot...although I might favor Buff's method more just cause I'm not too keen on bending the arms.

Great, thanks for the tips guys! Looking forward to giving these methods a shot...although I might favor Buff's method more just cause I'm not too keen on bending the arms.

Yeah I?ll probably go that route as well next time I put the blasters on. The rubber at the end of the arms seems the most delicate. I?ve seen some where the rubber ends up looking like her arm is broken

Back