Hot Toys MMS 501 Black Panther - Shuri

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my Shuri.... I love her... I think her headsculpt is the best I have thus far.
Though my two year old son said that she's "no good". He is a bit afraid of her lol. Thankfully tho, this is daddy's toy... Not his lol

On a side note, am sort of afraid to put her hand blasters lol. I prob have to get a needle nose pliers first. That method seems safer to follow than the other.
Can't wait to receive killmonger to put beside her. I have no other bp figure at the moment.

Didn’t want to believe what others said about putting the blasters on. I put them on today and I gotta say, it was a MEGA pain in the ass. In fact, I doubt I ever take them off again, lol. I did wrap her arms in the plastics that come with the figure, so never had to worry about damaging the arms and the plastic just pulls off after the blasters are on. So nerve worried about the issue of damaging the arms.

Didn’t want to believe what others said about putting the blasters on. I put them on today and I gotta say, it was a MEGA pain in the ass. In fact, I doubt I ever take them off again, lol. I did wrap her arms in the plastics that come with the figure, so never had to worry about damaging the arms and the plastic just pulls off after the blasters are on. So nerve worried about the issue of damaging the arms.

They can definitely be a pain to interchange but they complete her badassness In my opinion. However, please do not pose her with both arms straight out with the blasters on (it is obviously your figure and your choice) because it looks boring and more importantly, it is so repetitive. She looks the best to me with them down by her sides walking onto a battlefield like this for example:

Attachments

• 8F6A0149-0B08-435E-B426-5D760DBC99AB.jpeg
    8F6A0149-0B08-435E-B426-5D760DBC99AB.jpeg
    969.3 KB · Views: 209
They can definitely be a pain to interchange but they complete her badassness In my opinion. However, please do not pose her with both arms straight out with the blasters on (it is obviously your figure and your choice) because it looks boring and more importantly, it is so repetitive. She looks the best to me with them down by her sides walking onto a battlefield like this for example:
Agree, I can imagine the blasters damaging the skin is stretched out for too long

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wowow great photo and simple, yet effective pose! :clap

Gotta admit this is one of the best looking figures I?ve owned, even though I?m switching my collection over to Star Wars I kept Shuri and BP until they were my last two marvel figures for sale. Great figures! They are Still available if someone needs her or him.

She's def my fav female figure I owned... The headsculpt is definitely the best I have so far... She's amazing.
b3c30cb2643ec74c2acc6742c4d01942.jpg
ebc44f101553096f37169472ee4d8872.jpg

Nice pose BioFan.
And I agree with you, this is a magnificent figure in hand. The materials on the costume are so well made and detailed. And of course that headsculpt is probably one of the best Hot Toys has produced to this point. IMO the sculpt on this figure rivals that of the Yondu figure ...it is that good!

Nice pose BioFan.
And I agree with you, this is a magnificent figure in hand. The materials on the costume are so well made and detailed. And of course that headsculpt is probably one of the best Hot Toys has produced to this point. IMO the sculpt on this figure rivals that of the Yondu figure ...it is that good!

Not getting her as gotta limit myself somehow *must resist* but agree this is a beautiful fig, including head sculpt. Who can say maybe HT listened to the complaints re some other figs? Hope HT is listening to positive responses too!

Not getting her as gotta limit myself somehow *must resist* but agree this is a beautiful fig, including head sculpt. Who can say maybe HT listened to the complaints re some other figs? Hope HT is listening to positive responses too!

They probably saw the backlash for the T?Challa headsculpt so told themselves ?we gotta do Shuri & Killmonger proper?

They probably saw the backlash for the T?Challa headsculpt so told themselves ?we gotta do Shuri & Killmonger proper?

They should do ALL their figures proper...but yeah, I hope the backlash from the Chadwick fumble prompted them to step their game up.

Now gotta wait for BP 2 for them to get the Chadwick sculpt right... :impatient:

The prototype was definitely better but they didn't nail chadwick as much as they did with letitia or M. B. Jordan. Was the reason I skipped to PO BP.
But was gladly surprised that they made shuri as good as the prototype and Killmonger better than the prototype. And didn't suffer the detail loss they did on BP. But the likeness was always a bit off even in the prototype imo.
Back to Shuri, I was afraid to put on the gauntlet when I first got her. And maan it was such a pain. For some reason, her right hand was tougher than her left. And I think it was still not put properly. Afraid to damaged it though so I'll just left her as is.
1e177136e4a59e868a44a17c3f63c667.jpg

The prototype was definitely better but they didn't nail chadwick as much as they did with letitia or M. B. Jordan. Was the reason I skipped to PO BP.
But was gladly surprised that they made shuri as good as the prototype and Killmonger better than the prototype. And didn't suffer the detail loss they did on BP. But the likeness was always a bit off even in the prototype imo.
Back to Shuri, I was afraid to put on the gauntlet when I first got her. And maan it was such a pain. For some reason, her right hand was tougher than her left. And I think it was still not put properly. Afraid to damaged it though so I'll just left her as is.
1e177136e4a59e868a44a17c3f63c667.jpg

The prototype was miles better than the final product. To me, the proto likeness was very, very good. It was the main selling point for me since I wasn't a fan of the 2.0 panther mask.

In regards to Shuri's arm, I read on here that some people are covering her arms in the small plastic wrap she comes with before inserting the arm bands to add a thin layer of protection, perhaps you could try that if you don't wanna damage the arm.

The prototype was miles better than the final product. To me, the proto likeness was very, very good. It was the main selling point for me since I wasn't a fan of the 2.0 panther mask.

In regards to Shuri's arm, I read on here that some people are covering her arms in the small plastic wrap she comes with before inserting the arm bands to add a thin layer of protection, perhaps you could try that if you don't wanna damage the arm.

I had no problem preventing the gauntlet from scratching the arms. But that peg seems a bit big than it should or the hole on the right gauntlet seems too small, making it hard to go in. The peg kept bending and was so frustrating... But anyway it's in even if it's not perfectly fit. Oh well... Not taking it out for a while for sure tho

Back