1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm laughing that no one's mentioned HT's tiny Ant-Man on Flying Ant and the Wasp Diorama yet. $48 for stuff that should have been included with the base figures. What a joke.

View attachment 421907

I prefer they do this instead of including it and charging extra for the figures. This way everyone is not forced to pay for it.

That flying ant piece has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen HT produce...

I'm laughing that no one's mentioned HT's tiny Ant-Man on Flying Ant and the Wasp Diorama yet. $48 for stuff that should have been included with the base figures. What a joke.

View attachment 421907

I dunno, that's pretty big to be an accessory compared to the little solo versions that are included with the figures. The ant is well painted too, if that ends up looking like the proto. I can dig it, also it is coming out a year before the figures are

They made one for the 1st movie so it had to sell good enough for them to make a second one. It's great for someone who wants Ant-man and Wasp in their collection but doesnt want to drop $500 on the bigger figures.

They made one for the 1st movie so it had to sell good enough for them to make a second one. It's great for someone who wants Ant-man and Wasp in their collection but doesnt want to drop $500 on the bigger figures.

Yeah... I am actually considering an option like this... not just to save money but also shelf space... If i could find a decent tiny wasp figure by herself I might just go with that (I have a tiny Ant-MAn). I don't care about the Ant very much.

But the large Wasp figure is striking, and I don't have a HT Ant-Man either yes, and this looks like a good one... So.... we'll see.

I dunno, that's pretty big to be an accessory compared to the little solo versions that are included with the figures. The ant is well painted too, if that ends up looking like the proto. I can dig it, also it is coming out a year before the figures are

I guess I was a bit harsh given the paint quality & the flying ant does make this larger than the other throw-ins. But I still think the $48 price is a joke. There's no way that's worth 1/5 of a complete 1/6 scale HT figure.

I'm actually considering just getting the small Antman and ant and Wasp piece. I can display that with my 1/6 Avengers shelf to save space for other figures.

Same here. If I don't get 1/6 Ant Man and 1/6 Wasp, it's perfect for the collection. Just because those 2 can get away with it being Ant/Wasp sized. I'm really considering to get it.

Same here. If I don't get 1/6 Ant Man and 1/6 Wasp, it's perfect for the collection. Just because those 2 can get away with it being Ant/Wasp sized. I'm really considering to get it.

I actually have both the 1/6 Antman and Wasp preordered. Just trying to decide what to do. Such a hard choice. Why can’t I be a billionaire and have all the space and money to buy whatever figures I want? Lol

I have a couple of the small Civil War Ant-man figures that i picked up second hand for cheap that i place randomly in my display,
I think they are better than having a 1/6 version just because it takes up no room and people don't see him at 1st and then it's "oh look it's Ant-man!". They seem to always get a laugh out of it.

I am getting the full 1/6 size Wasp, I just love the outfit but will stick with my smaller Ant-men for now.

Last edited:
The mini set looks ok until you get to the attachment for wasp, that is pretty terrible.

Yes, totally agree with the Wasp attachment. Why couldn't they have used a thin wire attachment ? Sure I get it's transparent, but sticks out like a sore thumb !

I'm also in the camp to get something like this to add them to the Avengers lineup without shelling out big money and space.

Might just get this one.

Yes, totally agree with the Wasp attachment. Why couldn't they have used a thin wire attachment ? Sure I get it's transparent, but sticks out like a sore thumb !

I'm also in the camp to get something like this to add them to the Avengers lineup without shelling out big money and space.

Might just get this one.

Yeah they could've done something like the sideshow wasp statue where there's a blue 'whoosh' type thing behind her. That way they wouldn't have to disguise it and it wouldn't look ungly

LOL! I can't believe these toy companies getting pre-orders more than year out!

These items are hundreds of dollars and with dozens of releases coming out each year for Marvel alone. The far in advance pre-orders allows a lot of people to better plan multiple purchases. Sideshow helps people even further by allowing payment plans. The pre-orders also allows for Hot Toys to gauge demand and they base their run sizes on the pre-order numbers. Without them, many figures may never actually be released as it would be too large of a gamble to manufacture thousands of a single figure that may not actually sell.

Back