1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 319 - First Order Stormtroopers (Regular & Heavy Gunner) set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys First Order Stormtroopers (Regular & Heavy Gunner) set

I hope the set cost lesser than getting the figures separately.

Tempting but I just can't get into TFA figures. The design is starting to win me over though. The duck part I can't unsee now that it's been pointed out but I still like them.

I am trying to fight this line. I said I was only going to get DC and Marvel stuff. Star Wars opens a dangerous door. But I feel the Force weakening my resolve!

Five or six Thor LA bodies. Hell boy, dx02, Rambo, leonidas, ed209, gamora, mr t, and all the others.

Bend them all at least 90 degrees at the elbows and leave them like that.

An issue doesn't have to be present on 100% of every piece off the assembly line, but there's no denying that some of HT's materials problems are extremely widespread. This extends to adhesives too.

And I don't think HT has necessarily used any genuine "rubber" on any product - it's just whatever they have used on various products should probably not have been used in those circumstances. I have soft rubber-like toys made from all manner of polymers, including RC car/buggy tires that are 30 to 40+ years old without issues.

I hope the set cost lesser than getting the figures separately.

They won't. :( On singles you can use one coupon code each and they might possibly have $10 flat rate shipping. The two-pack will be 2x the single price and you'll only be able to use one coupon - also don't be surprised to see $23-25+ shipping.

Hot Toys First Order Stormtroopers (Regular & Heavy Gunner) set

I think I'm going to get this set haha. Wasn't going to delve into too much more, but I love troopers and this set looks pretty rad. I don't imagine id get anything else from he movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won't. :( On singles you can use one coupon code each and they might possibly have $10 flat rate shipping. The two-pack will be 2x the single price and you'll only be able to use one coupon - also don't be surprised to see $23-25+ shipping.

That....is a very good point.

Bend them all at least 90 degrees at the elbows and leave them like that.

An issue doesn't have to be present on 100% of every piece off the assembly line, but there's no denying that some of HT's materials problems are extremely widespread. This extends to adhesives too.

And I don't think HT has necessarily used any genuine "rubber" on any product - it's just whatever they have used on various products should probably not have been used in those circumstances. I have soft rubber-like toys made from all manner of polymers, including RC car/buggy tires that are 30 to 40+ years old without issues.

Yep, dont ever touch or play with them and im sure the rubber is fine, any posing or exposure will degrade that ****

The problems with rubber are greatly exaggerated. It's no where near as "fragile" or problematic as people on this site seem to think. If those that just posted their dislike of rubber from hot toys who has had a figure with a problem? How many figures with rubber have you had? I'm not talking about an issue you heard about. To me that's like shark attacks. It's scary and everyone that swims in the ocean talks about it...but your more likely to die from a stingray, coral, a boat running you over, ect.

The way it's represented makes it seem like it's always going to be an issue. But I've got every figure hot toys has made that has rubber (or what people call rubber) and multiple versions of some...and none of mine have rubber issues. That's around 40 (or more) figures and no issues. Five or six Thor LA bodies. Hell boy, dx02, Rambo, leonidas, ed209, gamora, mr t, and all the others.

Do you have the HT Watchmen Comedian figure? I have many HT figure with rubber, and they are all holding up, (Ed209 V1, RockyIV, all the Batmans,) but the Comedian just melted. All my figures are handled the same and kept in same location. I agree that not everyone will have an issue, but believe it is very much a concern and should not be dismissed so lightly. Plus pose ability seem to suffer to.

So is everyone going to want a First Order fabric banner to hang with their troopers? Three panels or single panel?

Re: Hot Toys First Order Stormtroopers set

I don't see the duck face but I don't think I need these guys. I'll be very picky about anything that's not OT

nst.jpg oduck.jpg

Damn, this looks fantastic! I'm a bit concerned about the rubber though, hopefully it's not the same as the ED-209 stuff...

This is not a pre-order temptation. I want to see more photos.

Those Nerf Super Soaker guns don't look at all threatening in the photos... they kind of suck actually.

Nerf-Super-Soaker-Bottle-Blitz-1.jpg

Attachments

• 153715_Hasbro-Super-Soaker-Bottle-Blitz_xxl.jpg
    153715_Hasbro-Super-Soaker-Bottle-Blitz_xxl.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 233

Man, I really liked the Duck Tails cartoon. Glad to see HT is making new variations of Gizmoduck...

Seriously though, they look decent. Not sure I'll buy any of the new stuff yet. OT is where my heart lies.

I don't think I've seen anyone comparing the new trooper to ducks.

In the past five seconds.

Back