1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 301 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch Figure (full pics/specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT typically affixes a piece of plastic, which can be removed, over the plates to minimize scratching. I don't know if LexiKon's plate is still covered or not.

I still have the plastic covering all my plates. Haven't removed one yet..

Same, for my twins figures at least. Even though they're in cases I won't remove the plastic for a while, just to keep the plates in better condition.

My plates are still covered as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:goodpost:

Oh goodness, you guys! :) Thanks for this valuable piece of information. Mine had that plastic film covering the name plate as well. What I thought were scratches turned out to be the creases. Everything's okay now. I'm glad I didn't jump the gun and asked Sideshow. That would have been embarrassing.

If I had a question about replacing the HT Scarlet Witch body with a seamless body (Phicen?), is it okay to ask here or is there a specific thread for that? I just thought I'd ask first before posting away and unintentionally derail this thread.

If I had a question about replacing the HT Scarlet Witch body with a seamless body (Phicen?), is it okay to ask here or is there a specific thread for that? I just thought I'd ask first before posting away and unintentionally derail this thread.
Totally allowed for sure :) Ask away

I still have the plastic covering all my plates. Haven't removed one yet..

Same, for my twins figures at least. Even though they're in cases I won't remove the plastic for a while, just to keep the plates in better condition.

My plates are still covered as well

I generally just leave all the plastic coverings on the name plates as well. The only time I'll just peel it off is if the plastic is already peeling off a bit.

Totally allowed for sure :) Ask away

Thanks! :) My main objective is to achieve the general appearance of the modded Scarlet Witch figure a few pages back, but using the clothing and accessories of Hot Toys. So here goes:

1. How will I know which seamless body to use to match the skin tone and bust size?
2. Will the replacement body be the same height or will it distort her overall proportion?
3. Will the replacement body take the Hot Toys hands, boots, and head?
4. Is Phicen the best brand to get, or are there alternatives?
5. Are replacement bodies readily available in the US?

Everyone is welcome to share their answers/thoughts. I really appreciate this, guys. I'm mostly a Star Wars collector and spend most of my (lurking) time over that part of the forum, but I just find Elizabeth Olsen really attractive so I made a space in my collection for her (and Ada Wong :lol ).

Thanks! :) My main objective is to achieve the general appearance of the modded Scarlet Witch figure a few pages back, but using the clothing and accessories of Hot Toys. So here goes:

1. How will I know which seamless body to use to match the skin tone and bust size?
2. Will the replacement body be the same height or will it distort her overall proportion?
3. Will the replacement body take the Hot Toys hands, boots, and head?
4. Is Phicen the best brand to get, or are there alternatives?
5. Are replacement bodies readily available in the US?

Everyone is welcome to share their answers/thoughts. I really appreciate this, guys. I'm mostly a Star Wars collector and spend most of my (lurking) time over that part of the forum, but I just find Elizabeth Olsen really attractive so I made a space in my collection for her (and Ada Wong :lol ).

I'll answer what I can but I urge you to research your questions as much as possible too

1. I don't think the body used or clothing was ever posted but you could PM the person who first posted the photo and ask. I'm not too familiar with phicens bodies but I suppose you could eyeball the bust size and
2. Check the height from specs of the body you are buying. If the custom you are referring to(I assume the tall thin one a few pages back) used a Phicen body, I don't think it will distort the proportions but just make it look thinner, unless they used a custom head.
3. They usually do yes. You might get hand pegs and ankle pegs with the body which will be usable with the hot toys hands. If the feet are part of the seamless body you will need to buy boots that are hollow so they fit on the feet of the body. These are available like most parts(check eBay)
4. There are plenty of alternatives but phicen are well known and used. You can check the general action figures section to read and ask for opinions on them.
5. Sure are. You should check some of the US websites that sell figures and parts, like monkey depot...

That's about as helpful as I can be, which I know is not much but :dunno
I hope someone else comes along that can help more :)

Having just completed a modded Scarlet Witch, I'll tell you this much:
For variety, get a Phicen mid bust body with removable feet. The tan body is decent in color match. Elizabeth Olsen is not pale. (Hot Toys body) The removable feet gives you the option of the high heels that come with the various clothing packs or boots from other makers. Currently, I have her in heels waiting on boots to arrive.
Buy spare parts from ebay. The Phicen silicone body does NOT like to have tight fitting clothes applied. Attaching the jacket was very difficult. Dressing the figure was like dressing a dead body compared to dressing a figure. (No, I don't have first hand experience in that area, I'm speaking figuratively) :D
I bought a body, jacket, arm warmers, head, boots, and dress set all from ebay. Most expensive item was the body, but the quality is excellent and the movement of the skeleton is very flexible and lifelike. I'm still waiting on the boots to arrive and to find a decent price on her necklaces. My bought SW is still in the box, untouched. I'll post a couple pics later when I get to the computer. This is all from my phone.
Ryan

For variety, get a Phicen mid bust body with removable feet. The tan body is decent in color match. Elizabeth Olsen is not pale. (Hot Toys body) The removable feet gives you the option of the high heels that come with the various clothing packs or boots from other makers. Currently, I have her in heels waiting on boots to arrive.
Buy spare parts from ebay. The Phicen silicone body does NOT like to have tight fitting clothes applied. Attaching the jacket was very difficult. Dressing the figure was like dressing a dead body compared to dressing a figure. (No, I don't have first hand experience in that area, I'm speaking figuratively) :D
I bought a body, jacket, arm warmers, head, boots, and dress set all from ebay. Most expensive item was the body, but the quality is excellent and the movement of the skeleton is very flexible and lifelike. I'm still waiting on the boots to arrive and to find a decent price on her necklaces. My bought SW is still in the box, untouched. I'll post a couple pics later when I get to the computer. This is all from my phone.
Ryan

giphy.gif

:lol

I'll answer what I can but I urge you to research your questions as much as possible too

1. I don't think the body used or clothing was ever posted but you could PM the person who first posted the photo and ask. I'm not too familiar with phicens bodies but I suppose you could eyeball the bust size and
2. Check the height from specs of the body you are buying. If the custom you are referring to(I assume the tall thin one a few pages back) used a Phicen body, I don't think it will distort the proportions but just make it look thinner, unless they used a custom head.
3. They usually do yes. You might get hand pegs and ankle pegs with the body which will be usable with the hot toys hands. If the feet are part of the seamless body you will need to buy boots that are hollow so they fit on the feet of the body. These are available like most parts(check eBay)
4. There are plenty of alternatives but phicen are well known and used. You can check the general action figures section to read and ask for opinions on them.
5. Sure are. You should check some of the US websites that sell figures and parts, like monkey depot...

That's about as helpful as I can be, which I know is not much but :dunno
I hope someone else comes along that can help more :)

This was very helpful, actually. Thank you for taking the time to provide those answers. #3 was awesome to hear. It erases my doubts about the Hot Toys attachments not being compatible with aftermarket bodies. Thanks again, Brainiac! I appreciate the help. :) I'll use what you said to help with my research.

Ryan

Hi Ryan, thanks for the very helpful post as well. Before reading your response, I was leaning towards getting the "pale" version. So, tan body, mid-bust with removable feet... I have to take note of that.

I'm interested to see how it turned out for you. If you have time, please share a photo. Speaking of which, what image hosting site is good to use? one that doesn't bombard you with adware? I used Photobucket before, but lately my anti-virus keeps screaming at me to stop using that site. Does Flickr work?

what image hosting site is good to use? one that doesn't bombard you with adware? I used Photobucket before, but lately my anti-virus keeps screaming at me to stop using that site. Does Flickr work?
I'd recommend IMGUR :)
It's free, you can share your images, easy upload, upload multiple images at once, your own gallery etc..

That site wasn't safe for me too. :( I just checked right now, it still has warnings. I use this to check websites before visiting them:

https://www.avgthreatlabs.com/
Its a safe site for sure. Like really incredibly safe. The report from that AVG site is incomplete at best and really unreliable. If the site is blocked by your antivirus I'd suggest whitelisting it :)

Ryan

Hi Ryan, thanks for the very helpful post as well. Before reading your response, I was leaning towards getting the "pale" version. So, tan body, mid-bust with removable feet... I have to take note of that.

I'm interested to see how it turned out for you. If you have time, please share a photo. Speaking of which, what image hosting site is good to use? one that doesn't bombard you with adware? I used Photobucket before, but lately my anti-virus keeps screaming at me to stop using that site. Does Flickr work?

Regarding the difficulty of dressing silicone bodies in tight pants or jackets: One trick is to wrap the legs/arms in a thin layer of plastic/saran wrap, which eliminates most of the friction. Typically you won't notice afterward that the plastic is even there. Another trick is to turn the pants/jackets inside out, then literally roll them up the legs and arms (after removal of the hands/feet). This method normally will get you @90% of the way there, thereby avoiding some of the difficulty/frustration that Ryan indicated. Be warned however, that the older Phicen joints are quite fragile (especially the shoulders & elbows), so extra care is required with this method. Lastly, if there's no issue getting the clothes a bit wet, a little soapy water on the legs & arms can also make things easier.

I did use a bit of plastic wrapped around the arms. It unfortunately it still bunched up around the shoulders. Once I got the jacket up to the neck/shoulders, I unrolled the jacket and removed the plastic. It got there. The jacket is a tight fit on the Phicen body. It appears to be a little broader across the shoulders.
Amazingly enough, the nylons slide right on the legs.
Quick pics I took last night. I borrowed Coulson's shades. The jacket does sit better against the body. It's being squeezed by the clamp. I'm ordering the thin waist grabber stand from ebay for this one. I just borrowed the stand from my extra Mk IX.

Ryan
Also note: I used the large bust body to fill out the dress better. If you're going to use the Hot Toys dress she came with, go with the mid-bust.

That's not bad. I just don't think it's any better then the stock version and with all the extra work..maybe that's just me though. If you like it that's all that really matters

Back