Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

image.jpg
Hey guys I'm new here, but I must say I do love this figure. I never got my hands on the DX09 to go with my Joker, so Returns will do for now.
image.jpg

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

So, what's the consensus on this figure? Is it a stinker? I'm seeing lots of negativity on it.

It looks great to me. As usual, the cape seems to be annoying and the lack of facial expressions seem to be the main issues. But the figure looks amazing.

Picked up Batman last night. Only had time to open and inspect. I don’t think I will pose hime with cape straight down. If I can manage a action pose I will try. I really like the "man in suit” look and finish!
I did not focus to much in the cape last night. Anyway a very quick pic before I went to bed (Ignore the mess behind)

Picked up Batman last night. Only had time to open and inspect. I don’t think I will pose hime with cape straight down. If I can manage a action pose I will try. I really like the "man in suit” look and finish!
I did not focus to much in the cape last night. Anyway a very quick pic before I went to bed (Ignore the mess behind)

Are the arms and legs hard to move? I'm tempted to pick this figure up, but the jury is still out.

Are the arms and legs hard to move? I'm tempted to pick this figure up, but the jury is still out.

It's basically a statue, much like the DX09 if I'm not mistaken. "Poses" for a quick snapshot are possible, but I don't think he'll stay that way for long.

It's basically a statue, much like the DX09 if I'm not mistaken. "Poses" for a quick snapshot are possible, but I don't think he'll stay that way for long.

Bingo.

My only gripe are the extra faceplates. They are to similar to one another, and look nothing like the extra faceplates in the promo shots.

I did find that if I wanted to make a dynamic pose with the waist then the chest armour started to fold so I had to tone it down. Also agrees that if you want to bend the knee on one leg the lack of ankle on the other foot will compensate. Not a complaint but I do think this is the most “scariest” figure to handle as when you need to hold and ad weight to remove or place head/hands you need to be aware not to damage the spikes on arms, spikes touching cape and avoid damaging the ears.

Overall (and when it matters the most) when placed on a shelf and you take a few steps back…It does truly look like a man in a suit. The form fit is perfect. There was a few times I was thinking “man you must be sweating in there”.

Very happy I have this in my collection!!!

I don't know why some people are giving this such a hard time-maybe because we had to wait so long for it? Expectations were so high-a lot of time to speculate the accessories?
It's a perfect figure of Michael Keaton as batman-far superior to the dx 09-the pose ability is limited yes but you can get more poses from this than the dx09.
It looks like a scene from the film.
How many human hot toys can you say that for-robocop & ??
Also what extras do you get with other releases that make this less?
I love this batman he looks amazing alongside my batmobile. I got 4, nuts I know but this is my batman from a kid. Born in 81 but 1st batman never got me like batman returns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is disappointing to hear.

I'm full pay maybe it's not for flex pay.

So I'm def an admitted noob as this is my first pre-order directly from Sideshow but turns out, you were correct BurningRage.. I was chatting with SSC earlier and they informed me that only the ppl that had Full Pay were receiving their notices. They did say that the flex pay ppl will receive notices eventually but since the flex pay plan was currently set to 3/5/16, we would receive a notice later than those that are Full Pay. The only way for me to get this figure as fast as the Full Pay ppl is calling them on March 1st (when they are scheduled to receive them) and having them process the last payment on that day, which takes another 24 hours to actually ship.

In the meantime, I've been watching more reviews on Youtube to pass the time.. Can't wait to review the 2-Pack myself--so close!!

<snip>It's a perfect figure of Michael Keaton as batman-far superior to the dx 09-<snip>

Far superior to the DX09? I wouldn't go quite that far. IMHO, the DX09 had better face plates, a better cape (some disagree, some agree, that's cool, to each his own), better ankle joints, better accessories, a more nuanced suit, hell, even the box was better.
No disrespect to your love of the movie intended. Just my 2 cents.

Our Item Tracking system has not recognised the number(s) that you have entered. Please check that you have entered the correct number(s), or we may not have yet received the item(s)

What I've been reading for the past 3 weeks as I wait for that damned replacement body. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :gah:
Maybe next week? Perhaps that'll be quite enough time? FS

Okay, this figure is growing on me. But the cape has got to go.

What are the options for custom capes?

Okay, this figure is growing on me. But the cape has got to go.

What are the options for custom capes?

Well, you've got Charmin, Angel Soft, Scott....

Just kidding. Tony Mei and Jaxon both make great custom capes. Jaxon's is apparently cheaper and looks pretty awesome.

^^^ Lol.

No way I wasn't coming back for this guy.

I really hate the ankles on this figure. I have the '89 boots on for the time being. And he demands a custom cape.

Just kidding. Tony Mei and Jaxon both make great custom capes. Jaxon's is apparently cheaper and looks pretty awesome.

Messaged Tony. Having trouble finding Jaxon...

I don't see why they didn't make the boots like their other figures. Really is baffling/frustrating. Then again, he doesn't have the same mobility in the legs as the DX 09 (especially the leg spread), so maybe it would have been pointless anyway.

Maglor, I wouldn't leave the DX 09 boots on him for long unless you have plastic or foam between them so the boots and leggings don't touch. I seem to recall people taking the DX 12 boots and putting them on their Begins Batman and coming back to an oily surprise.

Back