Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Christ sake, no wonder my replacement body hasn't arrived yet. It only left Hong Kong on Friday. Looks like it was just sitting around for 2 weeks. :gah:

Didn't they have a holiday last week?

That sucks man.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

*I wanted to edit my previous post by adding an image more but has been deleted the message, to me I don't understand.

DX12 Bruce Head + Returns Bruce Body:

tMJbxhc.jpg

Some progress on the glider....

So I had a moment of panic because as I began to build this thing I realized it would be MUCH more complicated than I thought. I am STILL not 100% sure if the hinging system is worth it, but dammit does it look cool overall. The pics show the partially completed framework open, and then with the outer portion of the wings folded inward, and then folded again backward. The final picture is after I attached a few more support pieces and the glider is fully expanded.

So I know not everyone here is interested in actually GETTING one of these when I make them available, but maybe I can get a few opinions.... the hinging system, as I said, is cool.... but it isn't NECESSARY. It would certainly make shipping easier as well as storage. Would it be a deal breaker if this was only available as a completely expanded glider? I am going to continue with the current build just to see where I end up, but thought I'd ask. Hope you guys are enjoying my progress:).

e43bc02dbce5fb8e34dd434f801ba342.jpg
99f1a96cd297d13d5491b1317bfe1091.jpg
33664b91d3082625c63d27b9d24c767f.jpg

6089091ce3e583c0f1b80987fabe64bb.jpg

Is the Keaton body (which was what I think you meant to say) smaller than a normal TrueType or is it the same size? I think the TF Bruce head would look nice on it.

So I had a moment of panic because as I began to build this thing I realized it would be MUCH more complicated than I thought. I am STILL not 100% sure if the hinging system is worth it, but dammit does it look cool overall. The pics show the partially completed framework open, and then with the outer portion of the wings folded inward, and then folded again backward. The final picture is after I attached a few more support pieces and the glider is fully expanded.

So I know not everyone here is interested in actually GETTING one of these when I make them available, but maybe I can get a few opinions.... the hinging system, as I said, is cool.... but it isn't NECESSARY. It would certainly make shipping easier as well as storage. Would it be a deal breaker if this was only available as a completely expanded glider? I am going to continue with the current build just to see where I end up, but thought I'd ask. Hope you guys are enjoying my progress:).

I would not mind if it did not have any hinges.looks great which ever way.but if there will be no hinge may I suggest some sort of small simple display to prop up the glider behind batman ?that be a cool little alternative to the no hinge route.

Is the Keaton body (which was what I think you meant to say) smaller than a normal TrueType or is it the same size? I think the TF Bruce head would look nice on it.

Yes, Keaton body. Sorry.

I would swear that the body is a normal true type

Here's something else to keep in mind, there's a pivot joint directly in the back.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here's something else to keep in mind, there's a pivot joint directly in the back.

View attachment 246136
View attachment 246138
I guess I'm not following.... Where is this joint? I assume you mean the ability for it to raise off his back a bit? It may not be possible to add in all the joints, of course.

Any thoughts on if this didn't come foldable at all? Like I said for now I will continue as planned but if I get a cleaner look without the ability to fold up I'd probably go with that.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just meant off his back like how it's tilted similar to a paraglider or parachute harness.

I personally wouldn't worry about all those hinges. There's craftsmanship and such to consider. The more complex you make it, the more difficult it will become. May not be worth adding all those features as there's a risk it could get messy.

I like the texture and shape of the cape, but it hangs like ****e.

What magnets are people using to help with futzing?

Yeah, I just meant off his back like how it's tilted similar to a paraglider or parachute harness.

I personally wouldn't worry about all those hinges. There's craftsmanship and such to consider. The more complex you make it, the more difficult it will become. May not be worth adding all those features as there's a risk it could get messy.

Ok, thanks for the explanation ont he pivoting. That's what I thought you meant.

And you echo my point exactly... having it fold up is definitely cool, but I'm afraid I may not be able to get the the detailed look I am going for if I just made it completely open at all times. I figure I'll finish the one I have to see how it looks, but I will probably make a non hinging one as well and see how it turns out. A non-hinging one will actually be pretty simple and quick to make comparitively... the prototype I did with just superglue (currently using JB Weld for the hinged prototype, which is AWESOME) didn't take very look to put together to get an idea of the appearance.

That's the post I did for my figure. Here's a picture. I also unscrewed the base top from the bottom portion. I dont like to use the huge DX stands in the detolf.

View attachment 245948

Awesome pic Positron! Is that with the stock cape? Would love to see the whole detolf with the DX08 and DX09 above them..

Awesome pic Positron! Is that with the stock cape? Would love to see the whole detolf with the DX08 and DX09 above them..

Thanks for the compliment. That's the TonyMei BR cape. Stock cape is too puffy for my taste. I also have his cape for my DX09. I put the DX09/DX08 picture in DX08 thread.

My pre-order came in this week. My first Hot Toy, I waited a really long time for it because the '89's head just isn't right. Got a batmobile to go with it. I'm really worried his ears will get ruined if i sit him in it.

I like them a lot, don't think I'll get anymore Hot Toys though. I plan to do a big photoshoot when it warms up;

Great, great pic Prologic9!! How long did it take to futz the cape lol Def one of my fav shots so far!

Great, great pic Prologic9!! How long did it take to futz the cape lol Def one of my fav shots so far!

Thanks! I think working with the cape is fine, doesn't give me any problems.

I always like to compare my scale items to their real-life counterparts when evaluating them. Too many people buy into the movie fantasy and don't understand the real on-screen capes had a dozen variations made in different materials that all flowed and draped their own way. And then they were clipped and pinned and taped so they would stay put for any given shot. That's just how movies are made.

Given that context, I think some collectors are expecting a lot from a 10" piece of fabric.

Just having some fun. [emoji106]
cfd13b50b625046d82b6e1ab74dad29f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not a great figure.

I hate the rigged boots and the cape is not worth my time to futz.

Back