Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

It's because they have no hair gel and looks all frizzed out from humidity lol

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I just thought of something. Collectible wise,

- Hot Toys gives us Returns Batman
- NECA gives us the Penguin
- Tweeterhead gives us the Catwoman

All three are completely different formats. One is a 1/6 figure, one is a 1/4 figure and one is a maquette. Assuming the tweeterhead Catwoman is as nice/beautiful as their other statues, we'll be getting the best possible collectibles (from each different company's abilities) for these characters in completely non-compatible scales and mediums. :lol

On one hand, it's kind of cool, on the other, it's pretty annoying. Especially when you'll have a Penguin that ironically towers over your Batman and Catwoman, and a Catwoman that can't move like Batman and Penguin. It's also weird how each of the three companies is only seemingly doing one of the three characters (thus far).

Thoughts??

$_12.JPG

112114_IndianaJones_TohtFaceMelt.gif

Seriously one of the ugliest looking things Ive never seen,nightmare fuel yo

I just thought of something. Collectible wise,

- Hot Toys gives us Returns Batman
- NECA gives us the Penguin
- Tweeterhead gives us the Catwoman

All three are completely different formats. One is a 1/6 figure, one is a 1/4 figure and one is a maquette. Assuming the tweeterhead Catwoman is as nice/beautiful as their other statues, we'll be getting the best possible collectibles (from each different company's abilities) for these characters in completely non-compatible scales and mediums. :lol

On one hand, it's kind of cool, on the other, it's pretty annoying. Especially when you'll have a Penguin that ironically towers over your Batman and Catwoman, and a Catwoman that can't move like Batman and Penguin. It's also weird how each of the three companies is only seemingly doing one of the three characters (thus far).

Aren't the Tweeterhead statues 1/6 scale? I thought their Julie Newmar could be posed with HT 66 Batman & Robin.

Yeah, 1/6.

Aren't the Tweeterhead statues 1/6 scale? I thought their Julie Newmar could be posed with HT 66 Batman & Robin.

1/6, but Newmar Catwoman looks a tad bigger in scale compared to HT Adam West and Burt Ward. Michael Crawford also took note of that in his review of the statue.

I think DiFabio's point was more that Catwoman ironically won't be posable while she was the most agile of the three in the film.

Yup. Exactly.

And Penguin is ironic too because he's the shortest of the three and yet, his collectible is the largest of the three.

It's also weird how each of the three companies is only seemingly doing one of the three characters (thus far).

I think the best bet of having all 3 characters in the same scale is with Neca, as I believe they've stated as wanting to do Catwoman, and hope to get to Batman next year.

Can this Jan guy really justify his price tags? Are people really spending that much money on THAT quality of work? Seems insane.

^Agree. All his heads are way over-priced and don't look nearly as good as he thinks they do. Pretty sure he used pubes for that Bruce Wayne head.

His own or someone else's :lol

Well since he uses pubes on all his sculpts, probably someone else's. Either that, or that fool has got a lot of pubes :lol

Can this Jan guy really justify his price tags? Are people really spending that much money on THAT quality of work? Seems insane.

People give 3K away to a guy named cato for a ****ing 1/6 coat.

11336210_1661884664041500_655861097_n.jpg

11379144_1655792767969666_442618429_n.jpg

People give 3K away to a guy named cato for a ****ing 1/6 coat.

The prices people pay for customs that are marginally better than what stock offers never ceases to amaze me.

Take capes, for example. Some types of material are tough to get, sure. But for stuff like the TDK cape or just a generic black Batman cape, you can go to JoAnn Fabrics, buy a yard of either flocked or spandex material for $5 and cut three capes out of it that look just as good, or close to, the ones you see people paying $60+ for. But that requires effort, see.

Nobody knows yet. It probably is.

Back