Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Anybody want to buy the tuxedoed figure, minus a head, from me? It comes with a TrueType! :monkey3

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

anyone still excited or what?

Yup. This might be my first purchase outside of Star Wars. Little concerned that could open the flood gates. Makes me wish I grabbed a Mime Joker during the spook sale.

I've always had a morbid fascination with Batman Returns. It isn't the best Batman movie, heck it isn't even the best Burton Batman movie. And at the end of the day I'm not even a huge Batman guy. But when someone says "Batman Returns" I become like a dog lying in the grass who instantly perks up and looks around. :lol

I don't know what it is about the movie, I saw it three times in the theater and loved it at the time but it's weirdness I've always found to be equally interesting and oft putting. Just the fact that this figure (or any BR collectible) exists really makes me want to strongly consider getting it. I don't know, I still haven't put my finger on exactly why this film continues to interest me so.

It's such a badass looking costume. Better than all the other batmans to me, but that's probably cause I grew up with it. I'm sure it was discussed earlier in the thread and i guess its somewhat obvious, but supposedly Burton went with a German influenced technique where the other characters are all reflections of Wayne -- so there's the orphan, the billionaire, and the vigilante.

It's such a badass looking costume. Better than all the other batmans to me, but that's probably cause I grew up with it. I'm sure it was discussed earlier in the thread and i guess its somewhat obvious, but supposedly Burton went with a German influenced technique where the other characters are all reflections of Wayne -- so there's the orphan, the billionaire, and the vigilante.

Whoa! Never realized how Penguin, Shreck and Catwoman personified those three aspects of his personality. Very cool!

Yeah, kinda like how Bats & Joker were two sides of the same coin in the first one.

I never thought of it that way. They did mentioned in the interviews for the first Batman movie that Joker and Batman are like yin and yang as they both suffered a tragedy in life that changed them to a hero and a villain.
I guess that's the power of the Tim Burton Batman movies. The characters are more fleshed out. The later ones just felt meh. Just either very flashy or just with the director telling his story, his vision. Characters are all second lower priority.

I've always had a morbid fascination with Batman Returns. It isn't the best Batman movie, heck it isn't even the best Burton Batman movie. And at the end of the day I'm not even a huge Batman guy. But when someone says "Batman Returns" I become like a dog lying in the grass who instantly perks up and looks around. :lol

I don't know what it is about the movie, I saw it three times in the theater and loved it at the time but it's weirdness I've always found to be equally interesting and oft putting. Just the fact that this figure (or any BR collectible) exists really makes me want to strongly consider getting it. I don't know, I still haven't put my finger on exactly why this film continues to interest me so.

I think you have describes the way I too feel about this movie. Thank you

:exactly: this is my favorite costume as well, must have for me since I had to pass on the dx09

I never thought of it that way. They did mentioned in the interviews for the first Batman movie that Joker and Batman are like yin and yang as they both suffered a tragedy in life that changed them to a hero and a villain.
I guess that's the power of the Tim Burton Batman movies. The characters are more fleshed out. The later ones just felt meh. Just either very flashy or just with the director telling his story, his vision. Characters are all second lower priority.

I would love to see them team up for another one, I really want to see Keaton play an older batman

Agreed.

Batman Returns isn't my favorite Batman movie, the plot/story is too ****ing weird, like indie-art house strange. It's too much for me at times. I still can't believe Warner Bros. allowed something that "out there" for their summer blockbuster, especially the sequel to one of their biggest hits at the time. You'd never see something like that today where people want to play it safe.

BUT visually and thematically, there's just something about Returns that's very striking. The sleek and sharp character designs, the wintery/cold atmosphere, the gorgeous cinematography and iconic shots, that soundtrack, it just has these unique qualities that have stayed with me after the past two decades. For every weird moment (like Penguin and that damn Batmobile ride on thing) there are equally brilliant ones (Batman patrolling at night, anything with Catwoman/Batman). Script writing aside, it's still my favorite Batman movie to watch on blu ray. It looks great.

Agreed.

Batman Returns isn't my favorite Batman movie, the plot/story is too ****ing weird, like indie-art house strange. It's too much for me at times. I still can't believe Warner Bros. allowed something that "out there" for their summer blockbuster, especially the sequel to one of their biggest hits at the time. You'd never see something like that today where people want to play it safe.
Not the same scenario obviously, but have you seen the new Mad Max? Also distrusted by Warner Bros. coincidentally.

I only have sketchy memories of it. I'm going to re-watch it today while I work on some new designs.

Ironically, after I submitted my post I thought about Fury Road. :lol

Thoughts??

$_12.JPG

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 270
Back