Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I see different sculpts :huh I think DiFabio's right. I hope we get the sculpt from the JC photos because the HT prototype photos sculpt isn't very good at all.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping they alter the sculpt. I feel like there's still something off about the JC painted sculpt, but the realism's sort of hiding it.

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping they alter the sculpt. I feel like there's still something off about the JC painted sculpt, but the realism's sort of hiding it.

For sure, but most people here are championing it because it's still better than the other one :lol

Those head sculpts look the same except for the hair line. Just different paint application.

This.

Hair is different for certain - the rest of the face appears identical. Most of the 'differences' are achieved through the paint work.

One looks good and one looks like ****. That's the difference.

Either way those headsculpts make him look a bit older than he was portrayed in the movie

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Even if HT does revise the head sculpt it is still not “screen accurate” which lessons my interest and calms my desire in purchasing the two pack.

Either way those headsculpts make him look a bit older than he was portrayed in the movie

He had some wrinkles coming through and he seems to be greying at the sides a little.
Not sure the sculpt makes him look older.

This is one of those figures that once we see the final headsculpt everyone would want to grab it. But then again I am fine with just getting a likeness, I really don't have high expectations from anything hot toys anymore.

Even if HT does revise the head sculpt it is still not “screen accurate” which lessons my interest and calms my desire in purchasing the two pack.

I don't see how Hot Toys could do any better than the one JC Hong posted. By past release standards, it seems to be right up there with what you should expect from them. Every portrait of theirs, from Marvel to their Sci-fi lines, are highly idealized. What keeps the one on the left from being screen accurate? Is it really any different from their past 50 MMS or so releases as far as resemblance go? I'm not even quite sure what they could do with he one on the left to make it better.

One looks good and one looks like ****. That's the difference.

Pretty much.

The fact that they do have completely different hairlines is proof that the two are completely different headsculpts. It's not like the Alex Murphy or Han Solo where they have removable hair pieces. The hair on Bruce Wayne is literally fused to the forehead both at the fringe and the sides. Unless JC Hong manipulated his simple backstage photos (which always look naturally lit at his desk or something), then I have a hard time believing that they're the same sculpt. Paint can completely make or break a headsculpt, yes, (just look at how natural and accurate the paint on the eyes are on the left with Keaton's grey/blue eyes compared to the big, brown doll eyes on the right). But the scale, proportions and some subtler parts like the temple and chin are completely different.

We could say that, yeah, it's simply the paint, lighting, angles and lens distortion that is throwing it off, sure. However if you look at the spec/product photos, the little magazine article, Budget Stark's video from Secret Base, the photos from other users' at Secret Base . . . they all depict that same, ugly, squashed sculpt. The one Hong posted is much more elongated and natural. It's more oval shaped than it is rounded. The features are softer and more subtle unlike the almost rock texture that is going on with the other. This has happened before,

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The ones on the right were completely revised sculpts, different and better in every way. Sure, there were similar lines in the face, maybe an identical crows feet line or forehead line here or there, but they were entirely different sculpts once you broke them down.

Last edited:

I don't see how Hot Toys could do any better than the one JC Hong posted. By past release standards, it seems to be right up there with what you should expect from them. Every portrait of theirs, from Marvel to their Sci-fi lines, are highly idealized. What keeps the one on the left from being screen accurate? Is it really any different from their past 50 MMS or so releases as far as resemblance go? I'm not even quite sure what they could do with he one on the left to make it better.

Agreed. I feel like some people are saying its not screen accurate because it doesn't have the scratches from Catwoman, but its not like he tore off his cowl and had them there already, so it is screen accurate for a few minutes at least. Obviously wouldn't be able to serve dual purposes with the tuxedo though.

I hope we get the sculpt on the left. Also, am I the only one who's stoked that they finally got the cowl correct? No more bumpy weirdness.

Can't be the same exact sculpt. Like Rorywan and others stated, the one JC Hong shared has completely different hair (look at the shape, flow, it's also without random strands at the fringe), a vein in the temple, and other subtle differences, most notably the shape of the eye sockets.

View attachment 187106
View attachment 187107

It's also painted a hell of a lot better.

The left pics look like Keaton. Hope they go with that sculpt.

well the crappy keaton sculpt just saves me money, made the single batman figure an easy choice :slap

I will just wait till the figure is released to see whether to go for the single or 2 pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was never a fan of Keaton but the thought of getting the extra HT body if I get the two pack has me thinking. So many crappy bodies are being put out by so many companies. Why cant they make decent HT quality bodies?

I will just wait till the figure is released to see whether to go for the single or 2 pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's my plan as well. Lately SS has NRD for everything now.

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Just get it off a different website.

Back